It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgot your ID? You must be a terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Forgot your ID? You must be a terrorist

www.theregister.co.uk

The US Transportation Security Administration has done a backflip on a policy of adding people who had forgotten their ID to its database of suspect fliers.

The scheme kicked off in June, according to USA Today, the same time the agency officially declared people could not board planes in the US unless they showed ID.

At the time the TSA said it would still allow people who had misplaced, as opposed to refused to show, their ID on to planes. But there was no mention of the database.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ok now that's just nuts.

But I guess it's not about terroism, it's about you never forgetting your ID.

How do you never forget your ID?

RFID chip implants perhaps, you probably won't ever forget your hand at home.

I guess we have to see how this develops.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
In The Netherlands its even weirder. No ID = you must be an illegal alien. And an illegal alien can be detained indefinitely. The argument being that when you can't determine an illegal alien's identity you can't send them back to where they came from.

The police used this on a group of (Dutch born) left wing activists a few years ago when they refused to show them their ID out of principle.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
hey, how many rights and liberties have you lost today?

- Not one !

... because there weren't any left to begin with. it's a brave new world and the majority seems to love every minute of it

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I believe in nazi germany it started out as "show me your papers"
Now over here in america it's, "show me your id".

I don't carry my id on me when i am not driving for the simple fact that i dont have to! This list of terrorists is funny in a way, because more sooner than later everyone will be on it for some dumb reason.

join