It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not read this thread!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Doesn't this kind of mentality apply to all members of ATS? You are either curios about the world around you or you are defyant and want to undermine the "establishment"

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

nice thread and makes a point...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Usually when children are defiant it is more a sign of intelligence rather than just being naughty, the more intelligent the more curious you find people to be, an intelligent person will check the paint but at the same time they will also believe a number given to them if it sounds realistic, usually how ever they will agree and then check for themselves those numbers.

less curious people will just listen and really not even take in what is being said, they will blindly believe that the paint is wet and usually go with the flow.
I am not saying that the less curious are stupid or dumb, they are probably just average, curiosity is directly related to intelligence.

example Scientists are very curious.
A person who pumps petrol is probably less curious.

Not saying pumping petrol makes you dumb, it would in general say you may be less inclined to be as curious as a scientist.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

It can be caused by both at the same time; as well as by other reasons. A child can be, first, curious about what's in a box, and second, told not to open it; curiosity followed by defiance and thereby both at the same time. Breaking the rules or taking risks can also be a matter of survival. What about emergencies?

But, if you are asking more along the lines of why I read this thread, then I would have to say that it was mostly defiance. Of course, my brain quickly calculated the risk associated with that choice... and of course, the possible reward of reading something witty.

Depends what kind of sin you are talking about. Most people rationalize away sin anyway. It's quick and easy, haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I see the point you are making with this, but do not entirely agree with you. Hi IQ does not necessarily equate to curiousity, nor does low IQ equal lack of curiousity.

In your example using a scientist, yes. You are correct. Many people working in science fields need curiosity to achieve many of thier goals. However, there are some proffesionals that do not need to be curious in order to do thier job.

On the other hand. The fuel pumper may not have had the intelect to go to University but may still be curious about the world around them. They may read books of interest or even be a member various clubs or even be members of ATS satisfying thier curiousity.

At the same time, people of both ends of the scale can exhibit defiance to varying degrees.

As a stereotype, more intelligent people show more curiosity while less intelligent apear to be more defiant by breaking laws etc, but is it really the case?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join