It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way Theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon
reply to post by RuneSpider

Also why is it that you think they spin different on different sides of the equater because that is part of the reason I started working on this.

Ever heard of the coriolis effect? Runespider is 100% right, low pressure systems such as hurricanes spin anticlockwsie in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere....opposite for high pressure systems.

If you dont believ me you have about 200 years of physics to disprove

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Can I get a mod to remove this thread, it was a Waste of time, I may try to reword, fix mistakes and repost.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ok I already know this, it was part of the reason I posted, to see if anyone had ever tried to look at it at another perspective. It seems people want to agree this thing is making stars spin, but say it is impossible to make anything else.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Don't let the negative responses of some of the posters here discourage you.
The subject of spin is really very interesting and the subject of much research.

For instance, its common knowlege that objects closer to a central mass like our sun, generally rotate faster. thus the outer planets have slower rotation.

The same does not hold true for galaxies that are spinning around a massive central mass. The "Rim" of some galaxies spins much faster than calculations predict. Some scientists attribute this to the effect of Dark matter, or halos of burnt out stars.

If dark matter is somehow affecting the spin of matter in galaxies, and dark matter is pervasive, then it begs the question, "Does it also affect our local region of space, exerting some effect on the rotation of planets in our solar system.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I do thank you for the links, you are the first one to try to add them. The laws of physics are probably over most peoples heads, but is exactly what I am talking about. Your links do apply only the picture being discussed is bigger. The picture is an action involved with the spinning of the Milky Way, I am being led to believe this has no equal reaction.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_laws_of_motion

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

I am not exactly understanding what you are trying to get at here. I am assuming you are trying to draw a relation between a planetary alignment reversing the normal rotation of the earth and solar system?

Maybe you could explain it again, in different words

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Thats what I am saying, thank you. I am just asking people to look outside the box. Maybe there is nothing there but I feel we will never know if we do not look.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yes, I am saying if there is an effect caused by the Milky Way, it has to have more of an effect than most people seem to know. The Milky Way is documented as being of major importance by our ancestors, they indicate it to represent times of change. Some people want to believe this is an awakening but the fact of the matter is almost all the information I have been able to collect seems to indicate a pole shift at the half way point of the zodiac. The next half way point is the end of the Mayan calendar and revelation in the bible. The problem is we are now entering more areas that most people have not studied and I feel this may just make an already complicated situation more complicated.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Brandon Levon]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i came across this thread by accident and after reading the posts and replies, the author is getting his point across without trying. all the people that are trying to disprove what he is saying is making everyone think and research the topic.
i will say this, there are so many unknowns in this world and not of this world that no one will ever be able to prove or disprove. look back through our history and for how many years did the population of the earth think the world was flat until it was proved that it was round, that you could circumnavigate around the earth. from what i have seen in the posts, the author is throwing out a hypothesis of what could be taking place or what could happen. can anyone truely disprove what he is saying?
i think the author has accomplished his goal by having people think outside the box. all major discoveries has been achieved because of people thinking outside the "normal" parameters of what society has placed on us. i am by no means a college scholar (high school diploma) but by using common sense and intilect, a person can prove or disprove some of the most complex situations. concerning the space time continuim (sp?) and the gravitational pull and effects of the solar system, no one can prove or disprove these theories. thats is why they are called theories. for example, we were taught all our lives that pluto was a planet, up until a year or so again, scientists changed their belief that instead of a planet is was supposedly a moon or a burnt out star (will have to check the scientific websites but i remember it on the news).
sorry for such a long post but people could consider the author as one of the numerous "conspiracy theory" authors about big foot, ufo's, ect. ect. ect., but it still makes you think about different possibilities.

thanks for reading my post
butch

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you anonymous, I think it is time to start from the beginning. First take the hurricane and put it on the left then put the Milky Way on the right, look at them both together, side by side. The new question is how many people think they resemble each other?

en.wikipedia.org...
images.google.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that the ying yang symbol also resembles this?

I asked a Buddhist monk once about the dots in the symbol and he said - it's because if you draw a straight line between them "to connect the dots" you make a cross.

That answer surprised me.

ugandaninsomniac.files.wordpress.com...

btw that's "a" cross not "the Christian cross." There are so many ancient symbols with a cross or X and they could refer to a point or axis or rotation or who knows what.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

My advice, talk to an astro-physicist or take some classes on the subject to have access to real experts. These are the people you need to be telling your theories to. You can show them your mathematical or computer models or whatever it is, leading to your conclusions, showing how the earth is supposed to start wobbling like crazy in 2012 and see what they think.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by ghofer]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
reply to post by avingard

I hate to say it but I think you helped prove this theory right. If it causes the stars to spin why would it not spin the planets?

Because the gravity of their local stars is infinitely more influential than the gravity of the 'galaxy' (quotes because, like I said previously, the galaxy isn't a solid mass and so doesn't have it's own gravity, rather it's the combined mass in the galaxy, there is a difference).

Listen, I support anyone who is willing to think about a scientific issue and to go one step further and come up with your own theory is astounding. Congratulations on being an aware person who actively seeks knowledge OP, that's more than can be said for a lot of people unfortunately; however, you need to brush up on some of the basics of general relativity and the astronomy.

Like I said though, I admire you for being interested in and thinking about a scientific subject.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon
Thank you anonymous, I think it is time to start from the beginning. First take the hurricane and put it on the left then put the Milky Way on the right, look at them both together, side by side. The new question is how many people think they resemble each other?

en.wikipedia.org...
images.google.com...

Resemblance isn't any kind of proof. A spiral pattern is common in nature. You can see it in flowers, shell fish, snails, weather, etc. It doesn't mean all of these things are intimately related, just that nature isn't as random as it appears at first glance.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard

"nature isn't as random as it appears at first glance."
That is the point yes, Thank you. I am not saying that you are not right, but I am curious that it does seem that you are suggesting that the laws of physics do not apply to the Milky Way.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I still think you're missing something. Sure, some galaxies do look like hurricanes. Currently, like I've said, our galaxy only has two arms, not really matching the artist's interpretation.
Aside from that, there are several globular galaxies, with no shape, just clumps of stars.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Thank you for the post, that is interesting because the yin and yang symbol is the representation of the twins in the zodiac, also the source of the modern cross and the date of the story of the garden of Eden in the Bible. It represents the gods that the bible was based on, Ea and Enlil. Although this is well documented in our history, if you want to research it, I can only imagine people like the first poster viewing this and claiming it cannot be true because I did not dot an eye or cross a T.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

That is why I am trying to break it down so everyone is clear, even me. The new Question is does the Milky Way spin?

Keep in mind this theory has nothing to do with the book I have written as you keep trying to bring back up. But it is an attemp to figure out why I have found so many ancient documents all pointing to the same time as the end.

P.S. The documents, ancient writtings, etc. are in the book.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have a decent idea of why it spins, based off of the articles I've read over the years.
Mostly it's gravity, with the central mass at the center pulling on the other objects in the galaxy.
Each object has it's own respective gravity, and the central mass, which is a super massive black hole, according to current models, extends it's gravity on a plane.
The gravity of each object in the galaxy pulls on, and is pulled by, the central mass. The spin is created by each of the objects pulling on each other.
The distinctive shape is caused by gravity as well. Gravity causes the objects to clump together, and the spin caused by the gravity drags the clumps out.

To give a bit of an example, albeit a poor one, think of two magnets held together at the same polarity. They slip and slide against each other.
Gravity works in a similar way, though it's a attractive force, opposite to the pulling force. Actually, take two magnets and throw them in the air fairly close. Toss them right, and they'll start to orbit each other before getting pulled together.

That's been my understanding of it, but like someone said you're better of going to a space enthused forum and asking your questions, or doing research.

As for storms, it's due to the movements of hot and cols air. And whereas in space the plane the galaxy spins on is based on gravity, on earth the spin of a hurricane is the movements of the hot/cold air, and the plane created by the ocean and the atmosphere above.
Again, though, that's my understanding. A better place to research would be a weather forum, or shooting some U2U's to OzWeatherman.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard

The milky way isn't a spiral galaxy because it is a giant whirlwind, it is spinning because the black hole at the center is spinning (because it used to be a star that collapsed). That in turn causes the stars around it to spin.

You are saying it does spin, it spins the stars. But them moving through space has no actions that apply to physics. I am just trying to understand so do not get me wrong but does this mean physics do not apply in space? An object flying by another object in space has no reaction what so ever? If this is correct then how does a rocket work?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join