It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Failure to Evolve in 21st Century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think since the wall came down, we expected the Russians to blossom out into the world and grow as a people, this whole show has proven they have wasted the last ten or so years reaching out to none.

By tearing the wall down, it just let there mafia come over to the US, and people that had the means who wanted to leave could leave and they did, so what is left

The people that want it like it was before, because all that is left are those that wana be there,

I don't know about you, but there is no glory in refusing to change when the world changes,

Look at CHINA, you can tell they are really really trying to become , to progress , to modernize. Russia just sits and wollers about how it use to be, Mother Russia did this, and that and bla , bla, bla..

It time to quit making machine guns and selling mostly crappy weapons to the world, let go of the past, grow like china has...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
do you even know any russians? and what country doesnt have a mafia? i live in philly by a pretty big russian community and they're all pretty nice. i used to work in a port where most of the ship's crews were all russian and from various other parts of the former soviet union, i never had a problem with any of them. and for weapons dealers?? seriously, take a look in your own back yard and do some homework on who we sell arms to.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by radioactive_liquid]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by radioactive_liquid

did I say all russians, I didnt mean that, I meant all the people from the entire ussr, not!

ITs a fact if you know FBI statistics which i might add is online, that the RUSSIAN mob is the fasted growing and the most downright violent.

look into it yourself comrade...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
the AK-47 (Klashnikov) is probably the most successful automatic ever created, it can be draged through sand, mud, water and dust or even all 4 at once and still fire with no problems, its only short comings is its accuracy isnt as good as some of the other products on the market but its cheap and only takes 30 min or so (if that) to train someone to use it effectivley .

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I spent some time in Russia in 1985. It was like going back in a time machine to the 1940s. I don't know what it is like today, but if they were to catch up, it would take a lot of work, even in 20 years. In Moscow alone I saw very little to inspire people. Drab colors, old fabrics, and garage sale looking "new" stuff. Sure their churches were nice, but they weren't allowed to go in them, as they were just for show. They had sandpaper for toilet paper, if they even had that. Smelly circus' and ballet was the most extravagant evenings they could provide. Everyone shared a cup at the "soda machines" which were painted gray like everything else. The only color were from flowers or billboards which were military or celebrating old dictators and space exploration. But they are a proud people.
I was in Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Baku. It was very poor and saddening. I did not enjoy my stay, but I learned a lot. Give them a break. Rome and America were not built in a day.

I did come back a grateful American. We have it pretty good.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i read somewhere that the guy who invented the ak 47 says in hindsight he wishes now he'd invented a lawnmower instead lol

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
you summed that up better than I could
it doesnt give them a right to try an continue there
style of agression

I agree with everything you say except the giving a break part
right now I am beside myself with what they
have done
sorry

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
you summed that up better than I could
it doesnt give them a right to try an continue there
style of agression

I agree with everything you say except the giving a break part
right now I am beside myself with what they
have done
sorry
I'm not talking about the government, I am talking about the people. But they can only evolve so much because of their government.

join