It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Release of Radar Data Signals a new 'Openness Policy' on UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
star flagged and favorite. Finally a solid proof of advanced intelligence.
To all the skeptics, we cant know for sure it is ET but its surely not man made. If you have any better theory please share with us..please not the secret US technology. Its a convenient response to brand any paranormal phenomena as top secret projects

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Isnt it right that the SR71 leaked like a sieve, when it was on the ground, and they had to keep pumping fuel in until it was ready to taxi? this was because of the friction at high speeds slower than this is reported to have traveled at, the heat generated by the friction in the thin atmosphere caused the seals to tighten and made the aircraft more stable?

So if this is traveling at these incredible speeds at such low altitudes, the friction must be incredible and dangerous to the aircraft? if its a human craft that is, which i doubt.

I also find it incredible that at the same time this report comes out, a Big Foot is discovered, and it seems more and more evidence of the Paranormal being brought to light.

Definitely sounds like some kind of disclosure is coming, i really really hope it is, then the real Ignorant can finally zip their close minded lips, and we can get back to the good UFO posts again on ATS.

Does anyone think its possible to be blacklisted on ATS for admitting not sharing UFO video's, as an objection to the constant flaming, and ridiculous name calling?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Have a look at some of the airspeed records 2100mph ain't all that fast.
Could easily be secret government craft like Sr71 or private scramjet kind of craft to try and break the going into space record contest thing.
Space shuttle has done 17500mph on re entry.
Now if they were estimating it as 20-30-40 thousand miles per hour then thats definitely not from this planet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
en.wikipedia.org...
Could easily be secret government craft like Sr71 or private scramjet kind of craft to try and break the going into space record contest thing.
Now if they were estimating it as 20-30-40 thousand miles per hour then thats definitely not from this planet.

You have a point, but the object itself not only travelled at high speeds but was also witnessed as being stationary in the sky? can we possibly have any type of technology that can defy gravity? 'not counting' back engineered roswell crash' that is

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Definitely sounds like some kind of disclosure is coming, i really really hope it is, then the real Ignorant can finally zip their close minded lips, and we can get back to the good UFO posts again on ATS.

Star for you aswell, because your thinking on my level. I really feel that we are heading for something like disclosure. The problem we have is how many newspapers will run this story? = 0

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If this is uncommon for the FAA to do, than Occam's razor would indicate that there was an ulterior motive. If this "disclosure" or "new openness" is as recent as....lets say contemporary with our little crisis with Russia, then it wouldn't surprise me in the least that the Military/government...wanted this informartion out there. The Russian's would be far more likely to accept it as being some military hardware than E.T.

...I just don't see our government as going all "Glasnow" anytime soon. (or was it glassnoss? I don't remember, but it means "open" more or less)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

This is not the first case with radar data to back it up. And it's not the speed that is interesting, it's the lack of a sonic boom, the maneuvers which would kill any human occupant and last but not least the complete lack of conventional propulsion.

Great find OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by franspeakfree

actually it is not ` undeniable priof ` - as this is not a report from FAA experts stating that this 2100mph object was tracked

but infact it is thrird party ` analysis ` by persons of unknown qualification who have CLAIMED that the FAA data show this

No wonder skeptics claim there is no proof at all. So do you trust the military as an expert opinion?

Official Military UFO Report

Radar cases like these provide proof that unknown craft enter our airspace and display very advanced maneuvers.

[edit on 14/8/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
quote: "the SR-71 Blackbird holds the current record speed of 2,242 mph set in 1990."

There are planes in existance that will do these kind of speeds, the blackbird looks like the one on Xmen just to add.

as intriging as this is it could be man made

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I was unaware Blackbirds could hover, break the sound-barrier with no sonic boom, and If I remember correctly....are 500 feet in length.

According to the MUFON report, that's exactly what this craft entailled. ~2,000mph speeds down to ~60mph speeds, a size of nearly 500 feet,and no sound.

If we have a craft like that, why in the blue hell is gasoline $4 a gallon, and why in the hell are US men and women dying overseas for oil?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

I am only referring to the speed, and take mufon, with a grain of salt, they in my opionoin are not as good as people think i have seen some seriously questionable stuff come from them

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

I am only referring to the speed, and take mufon, with a grain of salt, they in my opionoin are not as good as people think i have seen some seriously questionable stuff come from them

Considering the MUFON report *supports* the actual eye-witness claims, I'll stick with believing what the report says.

Witnesses said they heard no sound.
Witnesses said it hovered/moved very slowly.
Witnesses said it was massive.
Witnesses said it sped off incredibly fast.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Im not denying it is a UFO just wondering if it is ET, maybe FAA could make a small investigation and determine the actual speed,and size. and the compare with existing Aircrafts.

Also just to note this has probably been investigated by US military aswell.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
okay, I'm not trying to find flaws or be the downer of this thread, but what are the chances this UFO was the Aurora? We, the public, have no certain evidence of what this monster of an aircraft has and what it's capable of? I'm not saying this could be another planetary visitor nor would i want to rule that possibility out, but let's think of other things that could be it rather than jumping to the UFO conclusion, shut down the other possibilities that could be used an excuse so all we are left with is a true UFO.

(PS: i checked the link but didn't see a video, is there a video over there via another link or something? All i saw were words.)

What's a 'TRUE' UFO? I thought that it was already expressed be it either a top secret plane or a non-terrestrial ship that at least we now have proof that it was a UFO. It is still yet identified. I think that too many people attribute the term 'UFO' to always 100% of the time mean non-terrestrial. This is not the case. It was not and still is not identified. It is a UFO.

I think that this is a very interesting report though. It's about time that more and more information is being let out.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can anyone provide a link to the MUFON Report that details this particular sighting?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

I was also in the anti mufon camp up until I read their stephenville report. Have you read it? its very detailed and accurate. They have left no stone unturned. It may change your mind about whos side they are on.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Though I am tempted to lean towards this point of view on the subject I must bring up this question. As asked in the following post the object was reported as being stationary. Then, in a split second, zips off at 2,100 mph. Do we really have something that can virtually jump to those speeds that quickly from virtually a stationary position? Do we have something that can hover at that size?

Just valid questions to try and get closer to what you are trying to point out.

Also, just how big is the SR71? Is it big enough to block out the entire view of the sky for a person on the ground? This is how it was reported there so I just want to bring it up as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
no sonic boom?

keelynet.com...

publication number can be found here:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

maybe they have a new addition to air force one... i mean that is the only reason i could think of them not rushing in when they realized that it was on it's way, and only 10 miles out from the "western whitehouse"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Stephenville UFO witness Steve Allen was the guest on the Kevin Smith Show last night (Wednesday). You can go to www.kevinsmithshow.com... and click on "latest show" on the left hand side to listen to the show from last night.

I have a hunch that Ricky Sorrells "might" be the guest on his show tonight (Thursday) but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join