It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Proposes Tracking All Vehicles Entering Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

City Proposes Tracking All Vehicles Entering Manhattan

www.ny1.com

Plans are in the works for a sweeping new security plan that would include photographing every vehicle entering Manhattan in an effort to prevent a terror attack.

The plan, called Operation Sentinel, calls for photographing and scanning the license plate of every vehicle at all 20 bridges and tunnels and using sensors to detect radioactivity.

They will also scan every car entering the area around the World Trade Center site at one of five checkpoints. The entire area will be within a security zone, in which only specially screened taxis, limousines, and cars would be allowed through barriers manned by police officers at five entry points.

The information on each vehicle would be sent to a command center in Lower Manhattan where it would be indexed and stored for at least a month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of this.

They say its for safety, but I tend to get nervous when police start setting up roadblocks, and restricting movement.

What do ya'll think of this??

www.ny1.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why would they have roadblocks and security checkpoints at the world trade center? They allready blew it up! I doubt very highly that our government will use the same spot twice for a false flag terror operation.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks to be more useful in catching the bad guys after the act than preventing anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, there's so many programs out there to watch people that staffing the positions will be difficult due to lack of available personnel.

We can't all be watchers....

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Lol, that made me laugh, our gov is so stupid, they might try and blow it up agian ya know

There are several cities in Arkansas that are under a type of "martial law", they have kerfews, checkpoints and stuff like that, I have a feeling this will happen more and more, til the whole country is under martial law, it's the greatest way to do it really, if they do it little by little it works a lot better than a sudden boom of martial law. There's one guy on here that has a frog in a pan of boiling water. Know how he got in there? Well the water was slowly brought up to a boiling point, he wasn't just thrown in there, he would have jumped out if he was, but the gradual temperature was brought up so that the difference wouldn't be noticed as much, til it kills him.

I really FUBARed that one, sorry.

But I think you get my point.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Seems a case of 'To little, to late' to me. I think you're right to feel nervous about road blocks and police blockades. Reeks of spying and invasion of privacy. Imo speaking to the cops with the wrong attitude or them not liking the way you look will be cause for them to detain you and impound your car. I wouldn't feel any safer with these measures implemented, but i'm of the opinion that if 'Terrorists' plan to carry out another attack they will more likely succeed (maybe with a little help) regardless of blockades etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I found a few more links for the story...

New York Times
WCBS

Gothamist

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtr3m3paranoia

Reeks of spying and invasion of privacy. Imo speaking to the cops with the wrong attitude or them not liking the way you look will be cause for them to detain you and impound your car.

I agree completely, I mean we just had that cop in new york assault that guy on the bike (ATS Thread). Their sure to take advantage of this for far more reasons than just terrorism...

[edit on 13-8-2008 by XTexan]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by XTexan]

new topics

top topics

join