It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey Im 21 and i've been smoking now for like 8 years or something... Anywho over time I have changed brands from Lambert & Butler to Richmond. Now the price hike really twisted my nuts because the government knows how bad people crave smokes.

Has anyone noticed their brand has become stronger? I noticed today, I had my 3rd smoke of the day and it was the last in the pack from the night before. So I bought more, the exact same brand, quantity, from the same shop. But when I took a pull it was so strong.. like WOW strong. I figured it was down to maybe a big clump of tobacco and hd to stump half of it out as I couldn't smoke it all. So I got home from where I was then had the urge for one. Bam! That one too was strong as the one before. So I went to the shop to buy another 10 as I figured they would all be too strong. When I got back they were stronger!!

Has anyone else noticed this? Me & my friend had been talking about this too as his brand had gone stronger..
IS there something far more sinister here? De-population through cancer and other nasty things associated with smoking?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hey Im 21 and i've been smoking now for like 8 years or something...

IS there something far more sinister here? De-population through cancer and other nasty things associated with smoking?

You're aware you smoke, yet you seem disassociated from the problem.

Interesting response...

Stop smoking would be my advice - it's cheaper.

I suggest you watch the film "The Insider" (1999).

[edit on 12-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm a bit of a tobacco snob when funds allow (all natural, whole leaf, no additives), but when times are tough I bum smokes from my buddies.

I can't tell if it's because I'm so used to the higher quality smokes or if I'm just overly sensitive, but the "majors" seem to leave a slick, oily residue in my throat. It's so bad most of the time I can't even finish a bummed cig - they're too "strong" in the sense that I feel like I'm smoking more chemicals than actual tobacco.

Most people can't smoke my regular brand - complaining that they're "too strong". What that means is still a mystery to me. How they can go about their day to day with chemical laden cigarettes is just a mystery to me.

I wish I could be of more help.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have tried to quit so many times now I cant even keep track. I have though on the other hand cut back big time. I accomplished this but buying high quality tobacco from smoke shops and rolling my own cigs. I have noticed that I don't feel the urge to smoke even half as much as I used to. Also, I never feel that sick feeling like I smoked too much or the dryness in my mouth that I used to get. It is amazing the difference in rolling your own makes. Way too many chemicals in name brand cigs.

Give it a shot if you are not quite ready to quit. People will look at you funny when you start to roll one but it is just something you have to get used too.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I quit smoking earlier this year, and haven't had one in almost 2 months. That being said, I was never a very heavy smoker, it's not very conducive to playing jazz trombone!

I will say however, that I have always despised the taste of "premade" or "tailored" cigarettes. They taste like chemicals, they taste like cancer, and they taste foul. I have only ever liked the roll your own types, and even then, only some of the more "natural" brands.

Seriously, every cigarrete I've ever had that I haven't rolled myself has simply tasted like chemicals. Yuk.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadePsycho

Maybe the prohibitive price of smoking in the UK has either forced people to smoke less or buy 'under the counter' cigarettes ie duty free bought in bulk then sold individually. this may mean that the shops have stock that is not as fresh as it could be. Stale tobacco tastes sronger. Yuk.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

maybe you are onto somthing there, stale, dry tobacco is most definatley yuk...

m x

new topics

top topics

join