It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Callahan on the Kevin Smith Show tonight (8.12.08) YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.kevinsmithshow.com...

HEADS UP!

Show starts live at 10pm eastern, 9pm central, 7pm pacific.

----> ***Go to the site and click on "Video/MAC" at the top under listen live to watch and listen to the show***

His guest tonight is John Callahan!!!

DO NOT MISS THIS!!!

He's one of the Disclosure Project witnesses...

"For 6 years Mr. Callahan was the Division Chief of the Accidents and Investigations Branch of the FAA in Washington DC. He tells about a 1986 Japanese Airlines 747 flight that was followed by a UFO for 31 minutes over the Alaskan skies. The UFO also trailed a United Airlines flight until the flight landed. There was visual confirmation as well as air-based and ground-based radar confirmation. This event was significant enough for the then FAA Administrator, Admiral Engen, to hold a briefing the next day where the FBI, CIA, President Reagan’s Scientific Study Team, as well as others attended. Videotape radar evidence, air traffic voice communications and paper reports were compiled and presented. At the conclusion of this meeting, the attending CIA members instructed everyone present that ‘”the meeting never took place” and that “this incident was never recorded.” Not realizing that there was additional evidence, they confiscated just the evidence presented, but Mr. Callahan was able to secure videotape and audio evidence of the event. Maybe the meeting never happened, but the UFO incident certainly did."

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Anyone else plan on watching/listening to this?

I don't think John Callahan has done any recent interviews.

His story is epic/classic in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I will be checking it out. I often watch "UFO Files" in scifi, and quite a few times they have discussed this story. There was an episode entitled "Black Box UFO's" or something close to that, that produced the audio conversations between the pilots and ground regarding the alaska incident.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

Yes well John Callahan was involved in the aftermath with the CIA. Aught to be interesting!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Who the hell is kevin smith?

Never heard of him.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So it's in an hour...

Callahan is going to speak about his experiences with disclosure?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

Yes. All the information you need to listen to the show I provided in my original post.

Kevin Smith Show is broadcast in over 95 countries. Better than Coast to Coast AM in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
FYI - The show just started!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If you listened to the show, post your thoughts...

I called in twice.

Eric from Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I missed it.. Does he do a repeat of it??

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I post some informations about the case, thanks for sharing

Japan airlines Boeing 747 meets UFO over Alaska in 1986
Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 was near the end of the Iceland-to-Anchorage leg of its flight from Paris to Tokyo with a cargo of wine, when its flight crew saw and tracked three unidentified objects. On the night of November 17, 1986, the sighting of at least one of the UFOs was initially confirmed by FAA and U.S. military ground radar.

According to Captain Kenju Terauchi, First Officer Takanori Tamefuji and Flight Engineer Yoshio Tsukuda, two small lights and one huge lighted object were in sight on their radar for more than a half hour.
They watched as they flew 350 miles (550 km.) southward across Alaska
from Ft. Yukon toward Anchorage.
Captain Terauchi, a veteran of 29 years flying, said "It was a very big one or two times bigger than an aircraft carrier." He changed altitude and made turns, with FAA permission, in an effort to identify the objects which continued to follow him. He said the objects moved quickly and stopped suddenly. At one time, the light from the large object was so bright that it lit the airplane's cockpit and Captain Terauchi said he could feel heat from it on his face. He added that he had been watching the UFO for six minutes before notifying anyone on the ground; this would make the start of the sighting about 6:13 p.m.
The FAA at first confirmed the claims that several of its radar traffic controllers tracked the 747 and the large object, and that U.S. Air Force radar did as well. Later official statements hedged on this, and tried to attribute the radar targets to weather effects. At the end, however, an FAA spokesman stated, "We are accepting the descriptions of the crew, but are unable to support what they saw."

Drawings by Captain Terauchi and the crew of JAL flight 1628 of the UFOs they observed over Alaska in November 1986. Courtesy of FAA.

The summary of the communication between JAL Captain Terauchi and ground controllers was published by the Federal Aviation Administration:

6:19 PM local time: The pilot of JL1628 requested traffic information from the ZAN (FAA Air Route Traffic Control Center, Anchorage) Sector 15 controller.

6:26 PM: ZAN contacted the Military Regional Operations Control Center (ROCC), and asked if they were receiving any radar returns near the position of JL1628. The ROCC advised that they were receiving a primary radar return in JL1628's 10 o'clock (left-front) position at 8 miles.

6:27 PM: The ROCC contacted ZAN to advise they were no longer receiving any radar returns in the vicinity of JL1628.

6:31 PM: JL1628 advised that the 'plane' was 'quite big,' at which time the ZAN controller approved any course deviations needed to avoid the traffic.

6:32 PM: JL1628 requested and received a descent from FL350 to FL310 (flight level 350 and 310, meaning altitude of 35,000 and 31,000 feet, or 10,500 m. and 9,500 m.). When asked if the traffic was descending also, the pilot stated it was descending 'in formation.'

6:35 PM: JL1628 requested and received a heading change to two one zero (210 degrees, or southwest). The aircraft was now in the vicinity of Fairbanks and ZAN contacted Fairbanks Approach Control asking if they had any radar returns near JL1628's position. The Fairbanks Controller advised they did not.

6:36 PM: JL1628 was issued a 360 degree turn and asked to inform ZAN if the traffic stayed with them.

6:38 PM: The ROCC called ZAN advising they had confirmed a 'flight of two' in JL1628's position. They advised they had some 'other equipment watching this,' and one was a primary target only.

6:39 PM: JL1628 told ZAN they no longer had the traffic in sight.

6:42 PM: The ROCC advised it looked as though the traffic had dropped back and to the right of JL1628, however, they were no longer tracking it.

6:44 PM: JL1628 advised the traffic was now at 9 o'clock (left).

6:45 PM: ZAN issued a 10 degree turn to a northbound United Airlines flight, after pilot concurrence, in an attempt to confirm the traffic.

6:48 PM: JL1628 told ZAN the traffic was now at 7 o'clock (left rear), 8 miles.

6:50 PM: The northbound United flight advised they had the Japan Airlines flight in sight, against a light background, and could not see any other traffic.

6:53 PM: JL1628 advised that they no longer had contact with the traffic

www.ufologie.net...

AFTER the plane levelled out he observed "lights that looked like aircraft lights, 30 degrees left front, 2,000 feet below us, moving exactly in the same direction and with the same
speed we were." At that time the airplane was flying at about 525 kts (nautical miles per hour) ground speed (972 km/hr or 605 mph) according to the tracking data (3). Subsequently the speed decreased to about 500 kts.

brumac.8k.com...

Alaska's 1986 UFO sighting still rouses curiosity
KTUU Channel 2 News (Alaska), November 8, 2002

Disclosure Project: Testimony of John Callahan, Former FAA Division Chief
Disclosure Project Briefing Document - Executive Summary

FAA investigates JAL Flight 1628 UFO Sighting
Associated Press, 1986

Statement of Captain Terauchi, Pilot of JAL Flight 1628

UFO FILES: Black Box UFO Secrets (.PDF)
Wednesday, 11th August, 2006

Video: John Callahan, Former FAA Division Chief, dicusses JAL Flight 1628
UFO Symposium at The George Washington University, 2002

This is a rendering from the description that Capt. Terauchi gave to the FAA. It was first published by the International UFO Reporter in the March/April 1987 issue Volume 12, number 12. The relative size of Capt. Terauchi's Boeing 747 can be seen at the bottom right of the satellite

Courtesy: John Lear

Here is Capt. Terauchi's actual drawing showing the shape of the craft and the relative size of his Boeing 747

Courtesy: John Lear

Courtesy: Bruce Maccabee

Courtesy: JeromeProphet

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 1 of 5 )

The relevant part starts at min. 2:00

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 2 of 5 )

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 3 of 5 )

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 4 of 5 )

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 5 of 5 )

THE FANTASTIC FLIGHT OF JAL1628
Complete report by Bruce Maccabee

Sources:

www.ufodata.co.uk...
brumac.8k.com...
jeromeprophet.blogspot.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I caught a replay and it was a great show..Although apparently I didn't need to because internos brought the whole story to this thread..Damn internos your like a walking encyclopedia
Even though this guy wasn't a direct witness to the ufo..He was a witness to how our government covers these kinds of things up and very credible at that..With guys like this you really got to wonder how people can still be skeptical..

[edit on 8/13/2008 by gotanybob]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks Internos, once again you are a credit to the ATS community.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Hi, I just downloaded the software so I can listen to this tonight but now I don't know how to find the station.
Can you help me?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Dang! I missed it!

Will there be a repeat so I can hear it???

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You don't need to download the Jetcast software to listen the show live!

Just click on where it says "Video/MAC" at the top of the site under Listen Live.

Once you click on that, a live video will come up so you can listen and watch Kevin Smith.

VERY easy...

There is one heck of a guest coming on soon. Possibly tonight. I'll keep ATS posted as soon as I get more info.

*To listen to last night's show just click on "Latest Show" on the left hand side. If you have Windows Media Player that's all you need and it will start to play.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I will definitely be listening. I hope it is as interesting as it sounds like it will be.
Anything to help keep adding to so much evidence that is already out there sure can't hurt.
Thanks op for the heads up!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great thread thanks for the heads up and Whoa Internos that's the definition of Hellovapost! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
[edited by user]

Sorry, I didn't notice the date of the show so nvrmnd !

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
hey guys, I missed the show but i also missed the previous show, i think it had edgar mitchell on the last one. grrrr... does anyone know how to find a kevin smith past shows section? i can only find the podcasts and they seem to be rather old.

p.s. Internos, ATS would NOT be the same without you. thankyou thankyou thankyou

[edit on 14-8-2008 by TheGreensGoblin]

new topics

top topics

join