It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration is... Karma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here's a thought I had whilst listening to C2C last night, where Frosty Wooldridge was the guest.

Do you suppose the encroachment of illegal immigration is karma coming back to kick us in the bohunkus after the European settlers land-grabbed most of AMerica from the natives?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Hispanic Growth Becoming USA Majority

Read Article

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Boy, i already know about that first hand! I don't even need to read!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In way it is Karma given the history of nationalism during large immigration waves it's likely easier to just leave the border open. Who else is going to make up for the lack of fecundity in established groups? The U.S. uses immigration as a way to keep a body of healthy, young people that can do the jobs an aging and retiring population can no longer do.

For example, have you ever seen a group of 50 to 60's aged men try to keep up in a roofing job with bunch of 20-something "Mexicans"? Such a side-by-side competition was televised awhile back. It's a joke. The older guys can barely manage it yet they think somehow they're going to kick all those foreigners out and live forever doing physically taxing jobs.

Perhaps, once aging is a thing of the past but not now. Even that may not be enough and more intellectual pursuits will be needed since machines will likely ultimately take over that kind of labor anyway.

top topics

join