It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there isn't room for everyone, who should live?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh what a slippery slope this one is. Let me start off with the premise my wife and I are strong believers in the eugenics movement. We believe that differing groups should not create offspring with the potential for handicaps and disease. We both believe that any two bloodlines that are carriers of any disease that is handed down should not procreate together. Other groups that place a societal burden on the whole should also have births controlled. Its that simple. We go to great efforts to breed the best animals of all species in our care, and then think not one iota of our own specie.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Oh what a slippery slope this one is. Let me start off with the premise my wife and I are strong believers in the eugenics movement. We believe that differing groups should not create offspring with the potential for handicaps and disease. We both believe that any two bloodlines that are carriers of any disease that is handed down should not procreate together. Other groups that place a societal burden on the whole should also have births controlled. Its that simple. We go to great efforts to breed the best animals of all species in our care, and then think not one iota of our own specie.

Well aren't you a nice person...

Yip Two lines...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, if it comes to that. I think we could just lay the bare facts out on the table and ask for volunteers. I for one would volunteer because in a world where people have to get killed for comfortable living of others is to stupid to survive anyway so why bother? I think you could get 10/20% of this ball of mud by just getting it on the air.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm going to skip the flaming and jump to answer my opinion of the OP:

Those who MADE the space, and collected, grew or hunted for the life-sustaining resources should live. Those who are allowed into the fold because of skills they posess that are traded for life-sustaining sustenance should live as well.

It's a hard thing to say, and a simple equation.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You've made some very interesting points. Thanks for chiming in.

I like justamomma's idea that we ought to let nature control our population by ceasing to interfere with her designs. Natural selection worked just fine for millions of years. Who are we to try and change things?

Thanks to I3Lip for helping to rephrase my original question. I certainly don't want people to think I'm some sort of Nazi who is advocating a 21st century holocaust.

I agree with some of the groups Scorched Earth suggested should be high on the list for sacrifice - especially peoples of lower intelligence, the retarded and practicioners of religions that forbit birth control. I realize we can't get rid of all believers, since that would mean eliminating a sizeable majority of the world's population, but why not start with those who hold the most primitive beliefs?

I also think there's some intelligence in Illahe's arguments in favor of eugenics. Clearly, as we've seen in the history of domesticated animal breeding, there is something to be said for careful selection of parents. Why should the human animal be any different? Of course, it's a matter of personal opinion and taste which characteristics ought to be encouraged and which should be bred out of existence, and that's what this thread is really about.

Finally, Harman's suggestion that we could ask for volunteers makes a lot of sense. I've always thought that suicide served a definite positive purpose in the world, by weeding out mentally unstable people and helping to keep them from reproducing. Also, it's a luxury to be able to end one's own life if it is a source of misery. Not all animals can end their suffering so easily.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i heard a saying once, cant remember where i saw it or who said it.

"I dont believe in Capital Punnishment, i believe we should just remove all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out"

i agree with that statement whole heartedly

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FeedMeACat

You are 'the' most hilarious ATSer I have come across since ... well, since I've been here. And all the more hilarious because I think you might actually be serious. It's priceless.

Before reading this thread I'd just happened upon another of your comedy masterpieces 'What Useful Purpose Do Women Serve' (or something like that). I was just about to post a reply there to congratulate you on your eloquent prose, and human observation etc, but the whole thing disappeared before my eyes ... so I hope this gets posted before another of your threads vanishes into thin air. Can't begin to imagine what happened !!!

I notice you forgot to add 'women who have passed child-bearing years' to your list. In view of the subject of the mysterious vanishing thread I would have thought that group would be top of your list (I'm a little disappointed). And you might want to rethink the 'lunatic' section ... could be a little close for comfort ... don't want to be caught in your own extinction plan do you ?

Now, I know we prize our anonmity at ATS and forgive me for asking but you didn't have a Grandpa Adolph did you ?

The only reason I ask is because he was quite famous in his day and had very similar plans for the future of the planet and it's occupants as you ... seemed to be doing quite well for himself for a while back in the 40's ... until it all went pear-shaped. Ah well, best laid plans and all that.

Been a pleasure chatting and thanks for the laugh, you're so funny.

Woody

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Oh come on the list you have given are of humans, they also have the same rights as you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Mind if I add your suggestion to my list?

Women past child bearing years offer nothing but mustachioed nags during their menopausal years. Not really needed by any means.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

What will be, will be? Prithee, tell me what made you think someone has more of a right to live than anyone else? That, my friend, is the question you should ask yourself. This thread...saddens me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

what if all doctors had a communicable desease??????????

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If by then all of the world is developed and living equitably, with good economies and well looked after citizens, which is the only goal imaginable and is the very reason for most peoples activism, then world births will decline on their own. Canada has less than 0% population growth. Work for social justice, and raised status of all peoples around the world. Its the only answer. And anything else will be met with massive opposition.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There would be so much survival instinct switched on in an instant upon the realization you are probably on the chopping block, nobody would be left.
Other than that? Suicide or self imposed exile for me. I've never had any "skills" anyone has ever considered to be worth anything, never been held upwards for any of the intelligence I possess, been stamped down by everyone and everything and endured attempts to turn me into a drugged up drone since pretty much day one. It wouldn't change. I also have somebody I love very very much and in the end I want to be with her and only her. If I can't? Bye bye to me. If it's your fault I can't? Bye bye to all of you. Oh well. Who cares.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Orion Crystal Ice]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just evoke and encourage mass suicide by talking about Nibiru or other good earthy doomy topics or aliens or something.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Leonard McCoy: Go? Where are we going?
James T. Kirk: Where they went.
Leonard McCoy: Suppose they went nowhere?
James T. Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well people aren't living all over the earth.
We could just build up cities in the 3rd world and make them live able, with all the surplus money there is.
But someone genuine and thats pure of heart will have to hold office for something like that....so...guess i should keep dreaming...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Social justice= leftists imposting their leftist opinions on my wallet.

No way, no how.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

Why don't we just fake the second coming, then murder all the most devout Christians? Everyone will be happy because the Christians will think they're on their way to Heaven and the rest of us will finally be rid of them.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Definitely the retarded and disabled...that way, I can run the show as I see fit.

No arguments or attitude...just turn on their favorite show once a day and all will be well.

Now, choosing a 'companion' might become daunting, but to solve this issue a harem of low level intellects is just what the doctor ordered.

This thread...sux as bad as my answer.

So there.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well if we eliminate everyone who has a genetic disease, issue or weak trait then we may as well all sacrifice ourselves. I think everyone has something in their gene pool that is undesireable whether it be heart disease or allergies.

I just think that if we were ever in danger of this happening, we would begin to impose a one or two child limit law. After two children, the tubes get tied and the vas deferense gets snipped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join