It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and McCain: Neither is Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ok i'm sure i'll be flamed for this as i'm not from the USA so lets get it out of the way.

Whilst i may not be from the USA, whatever happens there effects the world and so i have a legitimate view on this. Also i think i can be even handed as a foreigner.

Basically Obama was my preferred candidate and yet the more i read aobut his policies the less i like him. McCain also just isn't that great, it seems the USA is like the UK at the moment. You are lacking in quality politicians.

Remember everyone, it's best not to vote for the lesser of two evils, find a marginal candidate and vote for them, or use your vote as a protest. Basically don't just settle on second best.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I agree with you neither is any good however the powers that be have selected these two.They care not who gets voted in as they tell them what they will do anyway.All this elected bozo becomes is the new CEO for corporate america.
America is nothing more than a bankrupt corporation.The CEO(pres) takes his orders from the owners of the corporation.Congress does pretty much nothing anymore as they have no power over the CEO.This election is nothing more than a sham to dupe the people into thinking thier vote counts for something.
Elect a third party canidate?The owners of the corporation also own the media
Third partys are allowed in as far as they get mentioned once in a while.The media controls what people get to see and they much prefer to keep emotion at a fever pitch between between the corporate canidates.If by chance a third party canidate looked even half good to the people it would still make no difference.The election would be close but the corporate canidate would always win in the end.Vote fraud will always win over a fair vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pooty
Elect a third party canidate?The owners of the corporation also own the media
Third partys are allowed in as far as they get mentioned once in a while.The media controls what people get to see and they much prefer to keep emotion at a fever pitch between between the corporate canidates.If by chance a third party canidate looked even half good to the people it would still make no difference.The election would be close but the corporate canidate would always win in the end.Vote fraud will always win over a fair vote.

Forgive this ignorant question as it's one of the parts of your system i'm unaware of. On the ballots when these candidates are elected for president, are there other candidates or only a choice of two? If there is a third option then i would suggest every american looks up that third option. That's what democracy really is.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
You are lacking in quality politicians.

You hit the nail on the head with that comment!!! You're absolutely right!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's my little opinion on politics. In America, the president doesn't actually get to change the laws willy-nilly, he (or, theoretically, she) has to go through the established process. So this posturing every election season about what the president will or won't do, raise these or those taxes, is nonsense.

The job of the president should be to rally the people, make them excited about social change so they want to participate in their government. Then the people go to their congressmen and representatives and ask for the change they desire.

The second job of the president should be to keep our foreign relations in tact. He should spend a lot of his time ironing out issues with other countries, which will create peace and stability.

I vote for the candidate I think would do the best job with those two duties.

To abstain from voting is the worst possible apathy. I waited two hours to vote in the last election, because I have the right, and I know that my grandmothers did NOT have the right.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Forgive this ignorant question as it's one of the parts of your system i'm unaware of. On the ballots when these candidates are elected for president, are there other candidates or only a choice of two? If there is a third option then i would suggest every american looks up that third option. That's what democracy really is.

Most people are ignorant not just of part of the system in america but of the entire system.The system we have in america is not democracy.It is allowed to look like democracy.The system started as a democratic republic.Even though we were warned by Jefferson we still allowed Wilson to take us off the gold standard and install a central bank.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

The federal reserve bank brought the great depression by money manipulation.In 1930 the united states declared itself bankrupt in geneva
these records are kept hidden as much as possible.FDR in 1933 turned the government into a corporation headquartered in washington DC.He confiscated all gold and sold the corporation to the federal reserve bank and through them world bankers and the british crown.The president of america is nothing more than the CEO of the corporation.Congress answers to the CEO.The illusion of democracy is kept to dupe the american people into believing they are still free and have rights.They do not.They are kept in the dark as most of them get thier information from the corporate controled media.The country is not lacking in quality politicians.The country is a corporation that controls the population.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pooty

I know all about the banking situation however i was talking merely of the current two politicians you have up for election and generally the system as a whole. The UK isn't much better by the way, i'm not saying it is. Hwoever your election is coming up and i hear people saing things like "Obama is better than McCain, lesser of two evils". Does it make any sense to vote for soemone just because they're slightly better than their opponent?

Although i'm not sure about the 1930's thing as i can't find any reputable sources. However that isn't part of this thread

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i hear people saying things like "Obama is better than McCain, lesser of two evils". Does it make any sense to vote for someone just because they're slightly better than their opponent.

If your vote counted it may make sence to vote for the least of two evils.My point is there is no difference that matters.The CEO takes his orders from the stock holders.Makes no difference if the CEO is McCain or Obama.

Try this link you need to understand the CEO of a corporation must steer the corporation in the direction the stock holders want it to go,not the direction people want it to go.The people are not stock holders so what they want makes no difference other than to throw them a tidbit to retain control.

try this link if you want to see what has happened to america

www.usavsus.info...

In short I'm saying if they are the same how would you vote for the least evil?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pooty
In short I'm saying if they are the same how would you vote for the least evil?

Vote for a third party candidate outside the control, by what you're saying they appoint the candidates via the media and so voting for an unknown would be better. Also your link doesn't give any evidence i can check out for myself. Basically it seems to be a conspiracy without any backup.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Please don't take this as a flame.

There has never been a "quality politician" during that persons time of office.

What i mean is - history remembers JFK as a wonderful president for the great things he's done.

But a lot of people who lived during his presidency - prior to his assassination didnt care for him one bit.

Same thing for Lincoln. In fact, most of it applies to everyone except for George Washington. The only president to not belong to a political party. And im sure public opinion of him swayed from time to time.

in my opinion - "quality" and "president" can be in the same sentance together, but you have to force yourself not to compare a politician to a saint and hold them to the same standards

its not fair to the politician or the priest.

If you feel all politicians sucks - fine by me, i wont argue with you on the grounds that when compared to average people. politicians do suck.

But that is part of the job. Being an ass who will upset 49% of the population in a 51% favorable poll.

You have to pick your poison and use it to your advantage to get the things you want in this life. Picking a POTUS is no different.

Of course thats just my 2 cents (which...before the current administration, used to be worth a dollar)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well there is plenty evidence there if you wish to research it.There are codes and laws passed listed.a few people voting for a third party will not get him elected.Until the masses vote third party they'll keep electing more of the same.

I believe I read someplace none is so blind as he who refuses to see

new topics

top topics

join