It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt to test fetuses from King Tut's tomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Egypt to test fetuses from King Tut's tomb

edition.cnn.com

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Egyptian scientists will carry out DNA tests on two mummified fetuses found in the tomb of King Tutankhamun to determine their link to the young pharaoh, Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities said in a statement Wednesday.

The two tiny female fetuses -- found in the tomb in Luxor as part of the 1922 King Tut discovery -- may be his stillborn children, the Council said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I thought I had read a lot of literature on the pyramids, but I never knew that they found 2 fetuses in the tomb of King Tut!

The only thing I find wrong about them doing these tests is that they are under the supervision of Zahi Hawass, the head of the Egyptian antiquities. He seems to pick and choose what parts of Egyptian culture should be explored, and blocks those who he doesn't agree with.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think I saw this last week here on ATS, I will look for it.

I have found it, it's this thread.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ahhh ok, my apologies. I did do a search on some keywords but could not find anything of note. I guess I used the wrong search words

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You may have studied the pyramids all of your life, but your not going to find much about King Tut's unborn in there, or King Tut, maybe you should of been researching his tomb in the valley of the kings

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Thats a very good point
In all fairness I did actually mean to say Tombs, for some reason I confused myself with Pyramids

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you I was expecting some cocky sarcastic remark back, I've gotten used to it on this and other sites, I really gotta get out to Egypt before I don't have the option, A friend of my mothers just brought some pictures back off a trip and they are beautiful, and to me that's the greatest part of the world, so mysterious and soaked in history, for those monuments to still stand today shows what humans are capable of, I don't think any of our great structures will still be standing in roughly 4000 years

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Don't worry, I knew it existed and I had some difficulties finding it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When they built the pyramids they didn't have this thing where the lowest bidder gets the job.

The results of the tests on the fetuses will be interesting. Whether we hear the truth about them depends on whether they please Zahai It has never been admitted that the skull of King Tut and that of other mummies is Cro-Magnon type.
They have been trying to pass it off as some kind of disease.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Sorry but what have they been trying to pass off as some kind of disease?
Haven't they said that other mummies of around the same time are of Cro-Magnon type?
Sorry I'm not an expert but I've always been interested in Egypt

top topics

join