It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Photo from space.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just found this on Mufon where someone had added this to the ufo sightings report. The picture is quite interesting if real. This is the quote from his explanation:

I’ve stumbled onto something that I’d like you to see. It is a NASA image on Spce.com.

I don’t know if it’s a hoax (hacker) or something real that has been overlooked.

I read articles on Space.com and found this about an hour ago..

They frequently post NASA images and that is where it gets interesting.

Here is a link to one such image (Zoomview format): www.space.com...

It was taken 12.08.2004 and shows an area where there appears to be evidence of running water.

I used the ZoomView to pan around the image at different magnifications. I was while I was looking at the erosion features I noticed an odd arrow shaped rock outcropping. I zoomed in and discovered that the object was very regular in shape with straignt lines and flat angles. I also noticed that it appeared to have a void beneath it -- as if sitting on landing gear.

I used screen capture software to get several images of it.

I sent email to Space.com and NASA telling them about the image but have not heard back from them.

I've attached a wide angle view – the object is in the red box and two closer images.

As of 5 minutes ago this image was still on Space.com site.

Here is link to one of the photos:
www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this photo before or has it been discussed here on ATS already? This is the first time i've seen it. Wondering if it's legit or not.

Oh, and here is the link of the last 20 reports from mufon...which is where i found this...

mufoncms.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Now that's ironic as hell !!! I've not seen that photo, or any like it, until I was browsing pancam.astro.cornell.edu a few nights ago, then posted it here.

Insert Twilight Zone theme here !!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol....sorry i had not seen that thread...but it is a strange picture....even it is just rocks. ah well...still cool nonetheless

top topics

join