It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain-Cant Operate A Computer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you think a presidential candidate should know how to use a computer?

John McCain has no idea how to use a computer. But the personal computer has only been around for almost 30 years so maybe we should give him a break.

McCain Doesn't Know How To Use Computers

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this will get flipped just like mccains lack of knowledge in economics. He admitted he didnt know jack about economics - then he said he never said it.

Next thing you'll see in the news is that john mccain is under federal investigation for breaking a 128-bit encrypted server on some Military database so that he could erase records of his songbird past when he was a POW in vietnam.

"surpassing all know methods of security, mccain found a way in with his superior computer knowledge"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's truly amazing isn't it? I couldn't believe it when I heard...well, let me rephrase that, yes, I could believe it!

Someone already did a thread on this though...but might as well remind everyone so the people who didn't see it the first time, have a good laugh!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Make that 2 threads!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

My bad. Didnt realize this has already been covered. But I agree that it needs to be mentioned again.

No candidate is perfect, and I dont expect them to be but McCain is behind the curve quite a bit. In this day and age, how can you function in a professional envronment without computer knowledge? I thought everyone in DC had a Blackberry. Even with a secretary or Cindy McCain helping, it would be very difficult to work in the Senate or any business without being able to check email or any of the other basic functions of computer usage.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

How can he even be considered for POTUS when he admits he doesnt know how to use something as simple as a computer

AND

He doesnt know much about economics?

Should you be allowed to lead a troop in the battle field if you have never been in combat before and don't know how to fire a weapon?

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by iamcamouflage

How can he even be considered for POTUS when he admits he doesnt know how to use something as simple as a computer

AND

He doesnt know much about economics?

Should you be allowed to lead a troop in the battle field if you have never been in combat before and don't know how to fire a weapon?

-McCain admits he cant use a computer
-McCain admits his no economist
-McCain does not have a reason for why we are in Iraq, only that this "surge" is working.
-McCain votes 90% inline with Bush
-McCain flip flops so many times Im not going to both to list it here because A) its way too long of a list, B) there are numerous threads and videos that can prove this.
-McCain and his wife Cindy sold their beer shares for $1million:
nz.youtube.com...
and in turn took 1000s of jobs away from americans to overseas. Oh also the connect to Cuba.
-McCain is a maverick no more.

Now, see the list of mine above compared to your typical rightie list which will include "Obamas a muslim, a marxist" etc. The difference is that the above I just posted on McCain are facts, so true that nearly all McCain supporters know this to be true. The others on Obama are either speculation or lies, none of which the OP's have provided any evidence for, unless its to reference some one by the name of "techguy" on an anti-obama website....
Im suppose to take "techguy" seriously...

boy I feel sorry for those voters having to support somebody like McCain. At the same time im not surprised that McCain and Obama are neck and neck as this is an historic election. Obama is not running against McCain, his running against the decades old conservative establishment, most of which americans prefer to keep.

Ofcourse there are afew true McCain supporters that prefer his policies.. but I get the feeling their a minority among the rest of McCain voters. I am yet to see a true McCain supporter here... if anybody is please put up your hand, I would like to discuss this so called "maverick".

[edit on 11-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Fawk you Obama Lover.

Obama has absolutely no credibility, he was born a Mulslim, claims to have converted. I will leave that up for debate. How can he claimed his "Uncle" liberated Auswitz when the Soviets liberated Auswitz?
58 states?
His parents meeting at Selma way after he was born?
This guy is so full of it that he leaks bull# at the seams.

Yes he is an Marxist!
Explain his relationship with the antigovernment flag hater, William Ayers?
His connection with Hama? Syrian born businessmen?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How did this guy get the Republican nomination again?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is so shocking it must be made up. It can't really be true can it? How does he verify anything that anyone tells him?
If you are wearing a suit you must now how to operate a computer. End of story.

[edit on 8/11/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
How did this guy get the Republican nomination again?

8 years of Bush and the GOP was decimated. Weakest field in decades.
McCain has long odds of pulling this out. I personally think he was the sacrificial lamb.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Hell, even Bush wasn't that bad. This entire election is ludicrous. Obama and McCain? And Bob Barr as a Libertarian?

Christ Almighty.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
hahaha, all I could think when I read the title of the thread is ,"awww that's old-person-adorable!" I don't like McCain but I kinda find it endearing, but that's cause I don't really like technology...I'm surprised that I can use a computer, it took me 2 years just to be willing to TRY Tivo...it takes me 3 months to figure out a new cell phone, and that iPod...that took some getting used to let me tell ya.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
my up bringing didn't alow for computer knowledge nor useage. I can recall a time in my life when a young man from a privlaged background was shocked that I didn't know how to work a computer. That was back around 1997. However I picked up and learned computers starting 1998. My father in law doesn't know how to use a computer. However my father in law isn't into politics.

I do find it hard to believe someone that wants to be the president of the united states doesn't know how to use a computer when I know first hand how relivant understanding computer use can be. However maybe this would be a handycap in future elections then it is now.

Most people his age don't know what a computer is.

I wonder what Paris would say about the crushy whiteheaded dude now.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Being "old" is no excuse in this day and age for not knowing how to use a computer. My Dad turns 70 in October and e-mails me all the time and ...this is so cute
he can even hook up his digital camera to the flat screen or to his computer
but can't deal with the answering machine and is constantly calling my voice mail and saying "Cher...pick up if you're there.." like voice mail was an answering machine from the 90's
But at least he's on the net, good gawd McCain

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

some people still have VHS with time codes blinking...

I think it was best express when the poet said:

"JACK! JACK, I can't get this bloody #*&%ing TV to work".

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Ha ha good one Incarnated so true! I have a whole box of VHS tapes, and I hate to throw them out but I don't have a VCR anymore, wonder if McCain would like them

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don't really see what the point is or why it matters? Does the POTUS ever really have to work a computer in order to do his job?

The guy is 72 and from a different era, like my father. He works on a computer every day but still doesn't know jack about them other than "Turn on Turn off" and how to basically use a mouse and keyboard (limited at best).

That does not deter my father or many other Americans from being intelligent, well rounded, prudent people with good judgment.

I'm not saying McCain has good judgment, but the computer issue certainly has no bearing whatsoever to the election.

I, personally, can believe anyone can't use a computer. But then again, I can't believe that grown men and women can't frickin READ. I mean sheesh, there's only 26 letter in the alphabet and there are words everywhere (many of which they know just from the symbols).

Figure it out, it's pretty simple.

But nevertheless, using a computer isn't really something I care about in a candidate.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Thanks for giving us yet another reason to NOT vote for Obama.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
reply to post by Incarnated

Ha ha good one Incarnated so true! I have a whole box of VHS tapes, and I hate to throw them out but I don't have a VCR anymore, wonder if McCain would like them

Well off topic, tapes are cool man. There's alot of history and things to like there. You might think about dropping a couple c-notes on a VHS-DVD recorder! What ever you do, don't throw them out! Old MTV VHS tapes are priceless!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I dont think that this is that important and shouldnt sway your final vote, on such a small matter. there are more important factors to look at when looking for a new dictator of America...Oops i mean "president"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join