It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Million Year-Old Lost World Found In Antarctica.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

14 Million Year-Old Lost World Found In Antarctica.

mysterytopia.com

The fossils of plants and animals high in the mountains is an extremely rare find in the continent, one that also gives a glimpse of a what could be there in a century or two as the planet warms. A team working in an ice-free region has discovered the trove of ancient life in what must have been the last traces of tundra on the interior of the southernmost continent before temperatures began to drop relentlessly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see the full results of this discovery,and maybe it will help our understanding of how the Earth works too.

mysterytopia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

i hope that they find somesort of life form there that would be amazing

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
DAMNIT MAN! I saw this headline and figured it would be some sort of credence to the theory that Admiral Byrd had found the entrance to the center of the Earth in Antarctica.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Great find, I remember the finding of some WWII fighter planes buried under the ice in Greenland but it was like 100 plus feet of ice which gives one an idea of the amount of ice the eons have deposited over the site....

They we're called the "Lost Squadron"

Heres a pic of the planes in their icy tombs...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Howdy guys

The same story was posted a few days ago - for more comments on it you can find that thread at:

The 14 million year old thread

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is fantastic, as the ice melts a new world will begin just as it ended.
It does remind me of the Admiral Byrd story, and although I don't think he went into hollow Earth, maybe he found a well of sorts, under all the ice to see this plantlife and such. Mind boggling in a good way, cheers for the post.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I always thought Antarctica was interesting, and beautiful, but this being discovered just cemented that fact.

top topics

join