It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please check our profanities at the door.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Whatever man. You can cut it up and throw it around any way ya want to. If you have to (and I mean you can't stop yourself) you can type whatever the hell ya want to. YOU are the only person in charge of your original keystrokes. But the CRAP that people feel they need to write for whatever reasons reflects a certain unwillingness to live by the Terms and Conditions.
So do whatever ya want, bitch (as you so glorify it), and let the ignorance display your attitude.

I like "Jackass" myself, it's just a stubborn, stupid animal, right?

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Who's turms and conditions do YOU think I should want to live by? You're's? Ofcourse you do. However I live by the terms and conditions of the website admin, and not some whinny bitches. So I don't say things like [SNIP] because if I did it would be edited out and rightly so. The world is full up of idiots and they like to pull one way. The Majoiry isn't right nor is it rightous.

Besides didn't Jesus ride a Jackass into town?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Incarnated]

profanity removed

please read: 1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/8/08 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

sounds like you where "brought up" with a an illiousion of an elitest lie. There is no "levels" and if there were all you bitches would be so far below me you'd not even see my nuggets if I wore a kilt and you looked up. When the spirit coming out of your mouth sounds like a fart, I'll be there to spray some air cleaner.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

maybe youre just dull, allow me to explain.

i wasnt referring to levels as in individuals, but more along the lines of attitude, if you call me a "[snip]" i wont call you a bitch just because. thats me not stooping down to your level.

get over yourself and stop whining.

Removed profanity.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This thread isn't to see how much profanity you can get away with.

Stop it.

Off Topic and posts containing profanity will be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Do not circumcise the censors.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
This thread isn't to see how much profanity you can get away with.

Stop it.

Off Topic and posts containing profanity will be dealt with.

As everyone should be able to see the ATS website has both a sensor to cut away "bad words" and mods to do their job. Website Users are not mods they have no right to mod, nor should they try to mod other users behaviors. I believe my point has been well made and Jeezus that was FUN!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm really pleased to see a lot people agreeing me with here - insomuch as that as a community we do not need to swear or insinuate swearing.

I am kinda sad to see the T&C violation images though. That wasn't what this thread was all about at all.

Some people need to grow up.

Let's express ourselves using alternative means, eh?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Dulcimer, thanks for lightening the mood!!!

We all needed that good laugh.

I realize that words have power....and I'm thinking of the late, great George Carlin for pointing out some of the inanity of 'censoring' certain words, per the FCC here in the USA. (The Seven Dirty Words...et al)

However, there are ways to express oneself, without the profanity. Maybe everyone should have a thesaurus.

Thing is, as an American, I know certain words. Since I've travelled, or just watched PBS and BBC America, I also know there are certain words in the UK that, to the American ear, are innocuous. (edit here for spelling....lost my Thesaurus. the Tyrannosaus ate it).

The Aussies have their own, as well.....euphamisms, if you will. (Is that spelt correctly?) Since I'm editing, but lazy....it's either 'euphamism' or 'euphimism'.....perhaps both are acceptable.

When we speak, we tend to use the vernacular. Guess the point here is, to hopefully, elevate above the basest of instincts, as we type. Words can shoot out of your mouth, in a moment of heated discussion....hitting 'Post Reply' is very different. You have a few seconds to sit back, and check on your work, before it goes out on the ether forever and ever. No, not forever....the 'edit' is still there....you can delete, after a second, third or fourth thought.

I have said, written and posted stuff that I wish I hadn't. I think we may all share this experience. I should stop now.....

[edit on 8/12/0808 by weedwhacker]

second try...I actually mis-spelled 'Tyrannosaurus'. Probably just did it, again! Guess I need to lose all of my points?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

As everyone should be able to see the ATS website has both a sensor to cut away "bad words" and mods to do their job. Website Users are not mods they have no right to mod, nor should they try to mod other users behaviors. I believe my point has been well made and Jeezus that was FUN!!!

You then misunderstand. The point of this thread, I think, is to request the average "Website user" , such as yourself, to moderate themselves. We wouldn't need Moderators if we took some personal responsability for what we write. The above Moderation and post-deletions are because the poster didn't take responsability for their posts and they were removed.

@Weedwhacker-
You're absolutely right!

@Dulcimer-
I smiled, thanks.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Cuhail, you couldn't be more clearer!!

Sharpen your blade, friend. Sharpen your blade!

WW

EDIT....but make sure it rhymes....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
The point of this thread, I think, is to request the average "Website user" , such as yourself, to moderate themselves. We wouldn't need Moderators if we took some personal responsability for what we write.

Spot on Cuhail.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
reply to post by pureevil81

I agree! Be clever and inventive.

I LOVE crappulance and poopala! They're just fun.

Cuhail

As an added bonus words like those really takes the edge of a proper flame making it feel like you've just been squirted by Bobo's water flower and comforted with salty spun sugar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join