It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US incited Georgia offensive in S. Ossetia'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

'US incited Georgia offensive in S. Ossetia'

www.presstv.com

The White House has orchestrated the current conflict between Russia and Georgia in South Ossetia, a high-ranking Russian official says.

In a Friday press conference, Chairman of Russia's State Duma Security Committee Vladimir Vasilyev said without US aid, Tbilisi would have been unable to start military operation in South Ossetia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why would they want to provoke war with RUssia, China and Iran?

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Seeing at how this administration has handled foreign policy, I'd say they'd want a war with just about anybody.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Odds of destroying a small region of the planet and bringing about dramatic worldwide change 97%

Odds of destroying a larger portion of the planet in the process 2%

Odds of destroying the entire world in the process 1%

[edit on 11-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The source does not state how it was orcastrated by the U.S. Just states that as things unfold they will show that the U.S. orcastrated it. I don't think there is any benefit for the U.S. in this conflict. Georgia might have been sold weapons but I would not call that orcastrating a conflict.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Georgia might have been sold weapons but I would not call that orcastrating a conflict.

Well it does look like we trained the Chechnyan rebels that are currently fighting the Russians in Georgia.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The US and Israel are both in this up to their necks. Remember the UAV's shot down by Russian aircraft a few months ago? Now where do you think Georgia got those from, the money to buy them and, more importantly, who was operating them?
There is just no way Georgia would have attacked Russian forces unless someone had told them they'd get backup from a major power or NATO. At the moment at least, any promise of support and backup has proved to be hollow. The whole thing looks like an orchestrated set up of Georgia to take a hit and possibly to tie up Russian forces and divert attention from something else.

Seeing the comments from Bush about the Russian response to Georgian actions reeks of extreme hypocrisy. Not so very long ago they were egging on Israel in it's indiscriminate bombing of Lebanese civilian targets and even rushing more bombs over there for Israel to drop.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I did hear on the news that Georgia attacked speratist help up in a city, then Russia attacked the Georgia forces in the city.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

They would not want to provoke such a war. They have not provoked such a war. Did you happen to notice your source Ivan?

I give you room to aproach your subject here Ivan, but frankly I noticed that for a year and a half, your threads are always anti US posts, never founded in fact, and your sources are almost always from the middle east, of course we all know they falsify their news to suit their wishful thinking.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by space cadet]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Whats wrong with my sources?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nothing is wrong with your sources. There are reports in the news of American Mercenaries that have been found dead and is awaiting confirmation in the news. And is not a secret that we have over 1,000 special forces already there "training" Georgian forces. Georgia invaded Russia, for once Russia is not the bad one here, we would of done the same thing if someone sneaked attacked us. I am not 100% confident we had something to do with it, were involved or just were there but it really would not surprise me with Cheney's comments and our conduct around the globe the past few decades. When are we going to mind our own business, come home and defend America like the founders envisioned, it worked for many, many years. Too many lives lost, how many more? In the name of what? Sorry but to me this and the war on terror is not what this great country stands for.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There's is little reason to believe Georgia was not coached by the US to attack south Ossetia.

Georgia in US-financed arms race for war on Abkhazia, South Ossetia
11/Nov/2007

Georgia is preparing for a US-financed war against Abkhazia and South Ossetia. That is what the country's military build-up reveals, according to a leading journalist and political analyst from Geneva. Since the current regime took power, Georgian military spending has effectively increased by over forty times and now has the highest growth-rate of any country in the world.

Georgian, US troops start military exercise amid escalating tensions with Russia
July 15, 2008

About 1,200 U.S. servicemen and 800 Georgians will train for three weeks at the Vaziani military base near the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, ministry spokesman Mindiya Arabuli said. The drills were planned months ago and are not related to recent tensions over two separatist Georgian regions that are backed by Moscow, he said.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's been said...the first casualty when war comes is truth...I don't see why this conflict should prove any different. Until the 'fog' begins to lift...everything is speculation...some educated...some not so much. At this juncture, it's all worthy of consideration imo.

War in the Caucasus: Towards a Broader Russia-US Military Confrontation?

by Michel Chossudovsky

Georgia does not act militarily without the assent of Washington. The Georgian head of State is a US proxy and Georgia is a de facto US protectorate.

Who is behind this military agenda? What interests are being served? What is the purpose of the military operation.

There is evidence that the attacks were carefully coordinated by the US military and NATO. Full Text

top topics

join