It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Falling apart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is ATS falling apart? hehe

First chat goes away.

Then U2Us are disabled. (Well, that doesn't bother me too much, I never got any U2Us anyway.
)

The whole site goes down for a few hours.

What's next?

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

I think that the site will be just fine. I'm not particularly worried. You get enough members and enough posts, etc all bogging down the servers and something bad is bound to happen now and again. Don't worry.

Chat not being around does suck though.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maby the government had to shut down the system so that there new spyware would take effect.
The smaller problems were part of the inital download.
Everything should be ok now.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can you imagine if this had happened a couple of days ago with all the 8.8.8 hysteria.

We'd have ats members going out of their minds typing conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Relax...

If I have learned nothing in the past few years I have been here, it is that SkepticOverlord is THE BOMB in technical issues here at ATS..

He will get everything up and going....

It just does not happen instantly..

Patience is the request of the day...

I would say U2U me with any questions, but wellllll

Semper

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

The Pentagon shut down ATS so they could purge the site of posts by the Scientist linked to the Anthrax case. They discovered he was a member of ATS and so took the opportunity to purge out his posts. His threads here, are possibly the only thing they can really find to make him look like he was a paranoid person, his complaints here about the government and peers. Of course, they just added their spin to it, to make it seem weird that he would even be posting on a site like ATS, and making his complaints seem like only paranoia.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK, OK, I'm coming clean. They always said, "Don't hit the red button." I had too much scotch and, well....... the rest is history.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK, OK, I'm coming clean. They always said, "Don't hit the red button." I had too much scotch and, well....... the rest is history.

Oh dear....not again!!

I think there's a conspiracy in here somewhere I just ain't sure what it
is yet....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

As previously mentioned, chat is out because security upgrades on our auxiliary server conflict with the Java-based chat server we were using. We're in the progress of reprogramming a connection with an alternative hosted by a dedicated chat provider... but we want to ensure it's a seamless process with no secondary chat usernames or passwords required.

The U2U issues are related to data corruption, as explained here.

new topics

top topics

join