It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*ALERT* We may have our first real case for a valid UFO.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I think there's two keys to making good diamond images over many of the videos in the link from Anonymous ATS.

1) High contrast between the illuminated source and the background

2) The sources in the "UFO" videos tend to focus on luminous sources more approximating a distant point source. This will actually sharpen the effect which really is a defocused image and a shadow of the iris. Additional small features such as fine lines will be rendered more clearly since the ray are nearly parallel and the source small enough that little overlap occurs over the visible face of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am not going to say that what these videographers captured is not an unidentified object. However, with that in mind, the Diamond shape is due to the inability of the camera to properly focus. I myself have done this multiple times while attempting to zoom in on stars, distant lights, etc. Again, I am not claiming that the light source is not in fact something strange, but the Diamond effect does NOT prove anything in terms of what the light actually is.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So no one can explain why the presumably experienced Fox cameras crew captured a diamond shaped annomaly and why the Space Shuttle they were able to focus on it's debris trail?

If its a lens flare then there should be multiple occurances of the phenomena on many archive tapes at Fox and other news orginizations. Please note that I am not the OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief

**ALERT** as to who or what my "denile (sic) of the video evidence" is not Acceptable to I have no clue nor do i care, but what i Do know is that your 'denile' of the evidence that the diamond shape phenomena is merely a camera flaw is Unacceptable to the same court, as you Cannot demonstrate that the diamond is a UFO.

C'mon, stay awake. Stay *ALERT*.

I didn't title the thread my friend. Do you know what the object was that was captured on the Space Shuttle video? No? me neither.
Hence- UFO.

Sorry about my spelling. Thanks for rubbing it in and publically humiliating me. Classy.

Those that forward a theory that the annomalies assembled by the OP are lens flares need to provide definative evidence that they are the same phenomena in order for their theory to become accepted fact. Science 101 Ladies and Gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i do believe it is a lens effect as most here do. but to go all crazy on him for asking for proof that it can be done at awhim is not unreasonable. and i do believe calling someone ignorant is a dorogatory term and as smart as you are you should bne able to come up with something better than that. as for not having to so proof from skeptics is loike asking a UFO believer that he doesnt have to prove that they exist. that my friend is IGNORANT. like i first stated i do believe that all videos in ? are a effect from the cameras used. but thats not to say that they didnt see a real UFO. i am still new here and have not been posting as much as i'd like because of the ABUSE some pple get when they do post things on this site. i like ATS and i visit it daily but with members that just slam others post off the bat and not explain to the newer ppl here how things are done, i believe is a real big reason why alot of ppl dont post here.

as i said before ppl slam others here for the weirdest things here so go ahead and flame on folks. but please be warned i am a mellow person so dont expect to much flaming back from me. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

One word................"fake".

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i didnt read it all but....

these "diamond" shapes are 100% from the camera
...film a light dot...zoom it in...let the cam unsharpen and there you have it...

but the vids show..we have alot of light things in the sky for sure

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Yes I am afraid although we certainly how lighted objects in the sky.. my cause for general excitement in the hope that they were all the same craft.. are now unknown.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I find these very impressive.
However, I wonder if these are craft or something entirely different. I just cant get over the shapes!
I know with this phenom the type of propulsion does not warrent an aerodynamic shape but some of these things are truely bizarre.
I believe there is something going on here above and beyond a simple E.T. vehicle. I believe it may be far more disturbing.
2+2 is not adding up to 4. Even in this bizarre world of UFO's.
Some I believe are spacecraft but some of these others I cannot get my brain arround.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I havent been here long,Ive looked at quite a few threads but not seen anything about Egyptians and Aliens.To me these crafts look Egyptian.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

The calling of a poster ignorant in and of itself simply isn't BASHING or Degrading. Perhaps a little holier-than-thou for my taste, but to each his/her own. I call a spade a spade and ignorance is not bliss in my book.

The INSULTING comment that was made by poster Ignorethefacts and was neglected to be addressed was this quote: "your primary evidence shown here is gathered doesn't stop you from making claims that...well...should embarrass you."

This comment was CLEARLY interjected to degrade and is a pathetic attempt to dehumanize and demoralize an argument.

This comment is one that... well...should be considered condescending, flamboyant, and... well, meant to kick an argument down without... well... truly offering any... well...addressing of the topic offered.

That...well... is the reason people are made to feel... well... embarrassed at speaking to large groups of uncivilized people that... well...they know are going to act like they are all knowing and that...well...to put in kindly is.... well... not kind at all.

ignorethefacts is a typical censor of thought.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There's certainly some sort of lights in the videos, but the diamond shapes are caused by the camera. This may have been said already.

Asides, I dont see why a video shouldnt be called a hoax just because the 'common man' is unable to reproduce it. By that approach you could as well post a clip from Star Wars and label it "real".

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

you are quite right and if you noticed I did call him on that ploy.. it did not work because I am not the sort of person to fall for that kind of demoralizing comment. I was interested in finding truth as always and he was trying to stop my efforts by using psychological means to make me abandon my question and interest in these video's. It did not work and we continued our discussion which in the end did leave me saddened in that we did not have verified video of the SAME object in all the video's.. we do have light in the sky but we don't know what it is..

In the end I was disappointed but that had nothing to do with his efforts to demoralize me, however he should have had some action taken for that behavoir to begin with. It was an obvious breach of the rules we follow here at ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

hi NephraTari,

nice video's and they are very strange acting anomalous lights no matter what anyone thinks they are.

the question i would like to pose is:

if a ufo did have a diamond shape to it and it was filmed...would we just pass it off as a camera anomaly when in fact it was the true shape of the UFO ?

judging from the comments that are made about these lights and their reasons for the shape i hope we never get invaded by diamond shaped ufo's because nobody will think they are real....lmao

[edit on 16-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first post (I'll do a real introduction later in the proper board), but I just had to contribute to this thread, because I have a greater than average amount of experience with video camera work and video production. (having been in video production classes, etc.)

Anyways, yes, this "anomaly" is caused by the iris as many have already stated. In reply to the previous comment, however, if there were truly a diamond shaped UFO in the sky, and a person was able to focus in on it clearly with a camera, you would most definitely be able to tell the difference, or at least a person with a trained eye (for camera work) would be able to tell the difference.

There are certain details that are characteristic of a focused image that are simply lost when the camera goes out of focus. The most obvious difference is that if there were to be a real diamond UFO, we would see some amount of shading on the UFO (on it's surface, perhaps shadows) not just the outline and a seemingly flat-ish diamond shape.

And concerning the FOX video of Columbia, what we are seeing is in fact, space shuttle Columbia. Notice how as the camera zooms it, it at first is a point of light, then quickly becomes a diamond shape. This is due to the camera's focus being off - and the cameraman is not to blame. He was under pressure, I'm sure. And I'm also sure that after he zoomed in and saw that it was unfocused, he probably attempted to adjust the focus, but the video cuts off.

That's my take.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by crazypyro]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crazypyro

Thank you for coming out of the shadows to share that crazypyro

I agree with the assessment of the shuttle, after seeing the other videos of how this anomaly occurs I had also concluded that the diamond on that video was in fact some of the debris that was out of focus.

Its nice to have someone in the know among us though. Thank you for joining the discussion. And welcome to the forums.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am not a skeptic. I believe in ETE's however I saw a ufo documentary where they explained the diamond shape as a effect of the iris of the camera which is in a diamond shape. The object or light really is there it is just the iris that is distorting it to look loke a diamond. I wish I remembered the name of the doc. That doen't mean that there aren't any diamond shaped ufo's it just means that some of them could be the iris distortion.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The shape is...well, as it looks...a out of focus object flying around that may be of varied colors in the sky during day or night.

Sorry, but are we debating the shape of the object or the fact that there is indeed a object in the sky in the first place...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join