It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in the Sky 8/8/08 Chicago, IL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was outside in my back alley talking on my cellphone when I noticed a strange black shape in the sky, floating along somewhat low to the ground. I immediately thought was unusual. I ended my call with my friend saying there is something in the sky and I need to record it. I ran got my Casio Exilim digital camera and also alerted my friend Andrew who was hanging out at my apartment to come outside witness this strange floating shape in the sky with me. The first two shots of the object in this video are on this camera. Then I realized that in order to make a good UFO case, I needed a better shot. So I ran back inside my apartment and grabbed my Sony HD camera and my tripod. Luckily when I went back outside the object was still there but a bit higher in the sky. Unfortunately my camera zoom lens could only reach so far. But this segment of video is definitely interesting. The object can be seen 'wobbling/floating' up and to the left for about 2 minutes. We also notice that the object flashed randomly. Then finally the object became very faint and invisible to the camera. After the object seemed to have left, these very strange, very fast jet-looking objects flew by around the same area leaving a contrail. One flew by from east to west and then minutes later another flew from west to east and thus creating an x cross shape which you can see near the end. Also I did capture a real jetliner airplane in the for comparison's sake. So here I present a quickly edited recap of the experience. I have the HD video and I am in the process of extracting video stills and compressing a better quality version for the web. In the end I am happy and satisfied that at I least got high quality source video of a truly Unidentified Flying Object or Flying Humanoid Entity.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I must say this is the best video of the clear blue skies + there's a jet in there and some tiny black dot moving around.

S+F!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Finally an ATS memeber gets a UFO on video! And pretty good quality too

I like that you stopped and filmed for a decent amount of time, kudos to you.

And from my analyzing of the video, it's an unidentified flying object - alien or not, it's weird it was just flying around in the sky.

Reminder: Just click the Youtube link and you can choose to watch it in high quality.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I saw what looks like the exact same thing. I was only able to get a quick shot of it with my camera. When I saw it, it was white and moving across the sky in the same fashion. It just disappeared into thin air. I saw it today in the Toledo, Oh area. Here's the photo I caught.

Click on the first photo to see the whole photo.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
good eye and nice work. looks like imo a helium balloon, maybe a shiny part reflects the sun light looking like a flash followed by airplanes.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
His video looks very much like what I saw, and I am positive it wasn't a helium balloon, a bird, or a plastic bag. What I saw just disappeared into thin air. It didn't go into a cloud...it disappeared in a clear sky.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wonder why this thread isn't getting any attention? Here we have visual evidence from two people. After watching the OP's video, I know this is the same thing I saw.

Is the OP coming back with those still frames?

I know others have seen these orb/spheres....Are these the same moving stars people are seeing at night, and we just happened to see them during the day?

I tried to u2u the OP, but the u2u system is not working.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gocujo

Just like the similar videos, this one shows a tiny speck. Again, I think it could be a bird or a balloon, but it is too hard to really tell. It does not do any unusual moves or turns. I would not go out and call it an extraterrestrial craft.
Thank you for posting the video.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. I want to say that it sucks that this is a "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't" situation. Soooooo many posters will lambaste a thread for having pics ("oh these aren't ACCEPTABLE pictures, sir!") of their sighting and then turn around and lambaste another for NOT having pics and videos.

Props for getting the video! I appreciate the contribution. I too can't identify the object, so, it's aptly named.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is the same object videotaped in the Hoboken, NJ thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Three people ( one in Chicago, one in Toledo, and one in Hoboken) have visual of the same object.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't identify it but i highly doubt it's an alien spacecraft. I'm not even sure its an unmanned craft. But if you believe what you was real, than nobody can change that and thats all that matters!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow, thanks guys for the replies!

I am working on getting a nice close up view of the main object. Since it is in HD the 'black speck' is going to be a more detailed.

I was shocked to find this on youtube of a similar object flying over New York 8/9/08.

And then finding these videos also in the New York area:

UFO Sighting Hoboken NJ 8/9/08 #1

Hoboken NJ UFO 8/9/08 #2

Unusual Object over New York, UFO? August 9th 2008

Now I know something is definitely UP!

What is going on here?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is a close up of the object:

I am still trying get some better quality encodes. Youtube definitely muddles the compression quality.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
gocujo,

I sent you a u2u the other day, and I'm going to send another one in a minute. I want to ask you some questions about the video you took.

I noticed those other videos looked very similar and they are all within a few days time.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gocujo

Good stuff. Thanks for the effort so we can see your video.

top topics

join