It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia and USA up to something...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I am pretty sure the CIA has it's hands in this. Every takeover of a sovereign nation for the last 60 years has had CIA involvement.

Read Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner. Its a current history of the CIA.
You should be afraid of the CIA.
Very afraid. They are pretty inept yet manage to lie, steal and destroy just about anything and everything they set their sights on.

Every person on this forum should read this book to really understand how much the CIA runs geo politics.

Also, there is a crutial OIL pipline that runs though Ossetia.
Again, it's about the oil and AGAIN the CIA has more than likely targeted their age old and favorite nemesis Russia in order to make them start screwing up.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scarletm

Moving war materials into the gulf serves as a convenient distraction from the serious ecomic and social crisis that America faces domestically. The mortgage & housing crisis is expanding while the dollar continues to lose value. All the while, the health care crisis (50,000,000 uninsured; another 150,000,000 under insured...with families losing everything due to a "fall") continues to go virtually completeley neglected while insurance companies, and medical establishment continue their gang rape on American citizens. The infrastructure continues to crumble, working class endlessly subjugated, while the press does the party bidding. American people to busy watching the Olympics, and the intermediate "news" reports showing useless floating carriers steaming ahead to see beyond the smoke and mirrors for what we really have, wich is a failing administration and inept party desperately trying to hang on.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by depetydog
There has been alot of speculation that Russia and the United states are in the process of making a property exchange, we turn our back and dont help georgia, maybe russia will turn their backs on iran when we start our invasion, end result , russian obtains georgia and some of the ukraine, and we get a free ride assault on IRAN

As others have said, I think that right on with this theory. In the case of Iran, that is.

The thing that i was wondering was this. Could Russia be doing this to Goeriga because one of our purposed missile shield sites is to be close to thereil
With a strong Russian military presence, maybe they think that we will be detured from putting it up. Maybe they will have or leave assets in the immeadiate area perminatly to get rid of it once it is operational.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

this would be plausible if the west would report it all accurately and on time, but mostly the news is talking about china and the games

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by depetydog

Bush will try to broker a peace deal and try to salvage what is left of his legacy.

President Bush's legacy's will be just fine, thank you.

The hate-BUSH books...3 out of 10 of the current Top 10 list of the NYTimes...once calling for war crimes prosecution...and OBAMA still can't muster any lead on a 71 year-old white dude...should tell you all you need to know about how wrong you are on President Bush.

As he said so himself....President Bush will be long dead before his legacy is gotten right.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think russia is making an corridor trough georgia so there tanks and personal can move freely to iran for support when the usa attacks iran..

ofcourse russia supports iran! :-)

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that Bush and Putin were sat right near each other and talking at the Olympics opening ceremony, (same day the Georgia conflict started?). They were filmed talking on the Live BBC coverage. About ten minutes into the ceremony I think.

It would be classic Illuminati style to hide the truth by putting it right under our noses.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Georgia probably got the ok from the West.. whether he misunderstood the message is unclear.

He said the Russians crossed into Georgia, regardless if it was part of the break away region, and that in his mind is considered an invasion.

He took military action instead of informing the "convey" to return.

If.. he was given the ok.. it would not be far fetched. considering the States has a history of backstabbing other leaders during times of war..

eg.

In 1990 before Iraq invaded Kuwait the US Ambassador April Gillespie met with Saddam Hussein. There was no way to be sure if they gave the ok to invade Kuwait at that time. The USA Support of Saddam Hussein was told to have stopped by the American Media and mainstream newspapers in the USA, However some US Corporations continued to trade with Iraq though other foreign means. Later the truth about April Gillespie and Saddam Hussein's meeting was out and many as I believe will tell you it is sure that April Gillespie told Saddam to attack Kuwait.

Source

What better way for Russia to impose a puppet just as the US did and in exchange the US gets Iran.

What I have yet not resolved is what does China get out of this? Cheaper oil? Considering oil is sold in US dollars.. any war the US takes against any OPEC nation or Iran would inflate the prices in China.

So once the dust settles.. Russia can dictate prices for the UK and the States can dictate the price for China... until all nations build enough nuke plants to sustain their energy needs so as not to rely on oil.

Oil is only a short term thing.. most likely they are looking to combine resources for their main prize.... the energy on the moon.

He3 fusion plants have been proved out, and folks are frantically building them, just waiting for us to show up with with tanks full of helium-3.

The Energy

That 1 million metric tonnes of He3, reacted with deuterium, would generate about 20,000 terrawatt-years of thermal energy. The units alone are awesome: a terrawatt-year is one trillion (10 to 12th power) watt-years. To put this into perspective, one 100-watt light bulb will use 100 watt-years of energy in one year.

That's about 10 times the energy we could get from mining all the fossil fuels on Earth, without the smog and acid rain. If we torched all our uranium in liquid metal fast breeder reactors, we could generate about half this much energy, and have some interesting times storing the waste.

Lunar Helium-3 as an Energy Source

Don't forget.. once the oil rich nations are depleted of their resources.. they will be a risk as they look to their nabours to support their country.. and a country with lots of cash can buy lots of big toys to play with nabours who may not be well prepared.. so might as well take down those who don't play well with other world leaders..

eg..

Olmert.. charges laid to have him step down. He is looking for peace.. others want to attack Iran.

Afghan pres. is now being accused of collaborating with drug war lords. This after he informs the US that Afghanistan will not be a launching pad to invade Iran.

Palestinian president is being impeached.

So many pieces being moved in such a short time on a global scale..

ROLF you are insane--energy from the moon ROFL --Wake up man

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
dumb question.... is bush dumb enuf to try to go toe to toe with russsia??
AND iran?????????
I KNOW he is dumb------BUT ?????

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
or...... had Bush told Putin while they were sitting together, that he was intending taking Iran now, as witnessed by the fleet heading ther. Has Putin moved on georgia now to make sure that Russia still has access to oil?. The economical reason that Russia and Iran are allies is the oil. If Putin was warned that the US was going in, even with a promise that the oil flow to Russia would be maintained by the US, would it not be good insurance to make sure that you have Georgia as another option?

In this alternate reality that is my mind, that all makes too much sense to me? yea? no?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I think you just spotted the strategic importance of the caspian sea in any attempted russian defence of iran. I think the balance of power here lies with india and whatever side she decides to take.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sorry but I think the article in my thread here make it pretty obvious...

IMO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The last thing the US wants is a fight with the Russians. It's not in our interests to get too involved in this battle. Ya, we send some help by bringing their troops home but that's all we'll do.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!!!

THE Mc

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
hmmm, the guy who started this thread has been banned from ATS

wonder what that is about

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo

Another conspiracy theory in the making.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo

Well the MODS seem to be pretty touchy lately... Although he did have -1000 plus points at the start of this thread. Maybe he irked a MOD into nuking him? Looking at my score I had better tread lightly!

Edit to add: I remember now... I did see some of his posts in another thread (can't remember which one) that were labeled off topic. Some who saw them said they were in pretty poor taste. I guess he went to far that time.

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this is something i saw about a year ago. reading this post reminded me of it.

i heard some sources say that the naval armada was hoax, anyone shed some light on this yet?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe this could be the Calm before the storm so to speak.

Georgia Vs. Russia
Iraq, Afgan & US

I am just happy Australia has good relations with China

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

WOW, I agree captiva I had no clue there was that much fire power heading there.
Would it be possible to post exactly what the external source was?
Unless I am missing something, I didn't see what source you got that info from.
That is an extreme amount of vessels and just curious to read the full article.
Thanks in advance!

Stealth

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join