It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon game forshadows russian war perfectly!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Alright, about the comparison thing between the Tu22 and B1, I was thinking of the Tu160 black jack. So just forget what I said at first.

But it is sill quite impressive and interesting that they were able to take out the tu22.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hey, guys. I found this thread by Googling "ghost recon ossetia".

I'm Brian Upton, the designer of Ghost Recon. I wrote those mission briefings you're quoting, not Tom Clancy. Tom wasn't involved in developing the plots of the Red Storm games after the original Rainbow Six. They were all done independently by me or one of the other Red Storm designers.

I wasn't briefed by the CIA or anything. All the research I did for Ghost Recon was with publicly available sources like Jane's. We knew we wanted to do a game about a war between Russia and NATO and I picked South Ossetia as one of the most likely flashpoints. I'm as surprised as you all are that I guessed correctly!

Yea right..
*Yells* CIA PLANT!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Slinger

en.wikipedia.org...:TU-22_Blinder.JPG

from the looks of it on wikipedia it seems this is an extremly old aircraft type. I wonder why russia is using old planes like this, im sure it would look much better for propaganda to use new modern jets that wouldnt be able to be shot down...but who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
from the looks of it on wikipedia it seems this is an extremly old aircraft type. I wonder why russia is using old planes like this, im sure it would look much better for propaganda to use new modern jets that wouldnt be able to be shot down...but who knows.

Is it old? Well, if 1970s is old to you, then I guess yeah. But "extremely?" No way. The Tu-22M is still cutting-edge in many ways in the business of strategic bombers.

If you want "extremely" old, look no further than our own B-52. That thing's been flying since 1955!

EDIT: The aircraft you were looking at was the Tu-22M's predecessor, the Tu-22 "Blinder." Its older than the Tu-22M, but its still not "extremely" old.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

This is a YouTube video of the game in question for your thread.

I've played it and beaten it many times, and yes it does foreshadow the current events.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

yeah well the TU-22 Blinder first flight was in 1958 so it seemed pretty old to me... but your definatly right about the B52... but i love that plane. i think they are planing for it to stay in service till like 2050 something hahah. they dont build them like they used to.

i was just thinkin russia would be better off using some mig 29's or something and keep the tu 22's on the tarmac...

EDIT ok t22M i will look it up thanks!

[edit on 10-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, the Tu-22 "Blinder" is actually no longer in service. When they said Tu-22 in the media, they were referring to the "Backfire-C."

The MiG-29 is a bit of an oddity. Due to budget constraints, it appears as if the Russian Air Force has become quite partial to the seemingly superior Su-27. Also keep in mind that the MiG-29 was never designed originally for air-to-ground combat, so aircraft like the Su24 and Su-25 are far better for that role.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hey, you're the resident Blackwater Worldwide expert. I don't know what you think, but I think that Georgia is prime territory for the U.S. to send Blackwater in so they can advance the "freedom agenda." What are your thoughts?

Personally, I see the deployment of Blackwater as a cheaper and a more covert manner of intervening militarily than dispatching the "Ghosts."

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

there may be blackwater already there. check out this thread if you want.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I see the point you're making in that Blackwater would be closer and more cost efficient, and I agree with that analysis, however I do not see it happening that way, because the way I'm reading the military situation through both open source intelligence I scan daily and other sources, this is not going to be the case. I see any assistance for Georgia may be a direct support means, meaning high-profile, tanks, troops, and possibly the U.N. being involved, since Georgia has supported us in Iraq, it will need to be a show of direct show of force.

Of course I could be wrong with that synopsis, but then again the international situation changes on a daily basis, and I see Blackwater as acting more like a high-paid taxi service right now. Erik Prince is waiting for the right orders to push his organization into direct action, by orders of the Department of Defense and the Pentagon right now.

Blackwater is like a reverse National Guard in that they are doing one action, until the real action is called for, during a National Disaster and or National Crisis were to happen, like during Hurricane Katrina when they stepped in, acting as Law Enforcement through surrogate means to bypass Posse Comitatus legally according to Homeland Security and F.E.M.A. directives.

I did not mean to side-rail the thread, only answering the question asked, and I appreciate the chance.

In Ghost Recon, it is talking about the Special Forces, but most of the Special Services like them are considered "Ghosts" in that they are the ones who do the special duty because they are the best of the best.

Here's the Ghost Recon official website :

Ghost Recon : Ubisoft

For those who do not know, Tom Clancy has gained his world class action fame through knowledge of all things Military because not only has he done his research for the books, which then became video games, but he has friends deep in all these classified military organizations.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Games like Ghost Recon and those of the past tell me one thing:

Our problems with the Russian Federation are just beginning. In fact, we will butt heads with them so much of the next two decades that it will make us miss the Cold War.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
yes i`ve played GR and it was amazing
its true you play in the future: august 2008
i just barely erased from my pc

[edit on 10-8-2008 by darkscorpio]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Scary.
Peter Power could have orchestrated this.
Switching from a scripted scenario to a real time scenario.
Is this the future for the internet?With regards to gaming?
I have told my husband when he plays these games that he is being programmed for war.He just laughs at me.......
Wait till i show him this thread.
I always thought the internet was a form of mkultra.Now i am more convinced.
Look how emotional people get when they are disconnected from the matrix.
Well it is one hell of a training program,thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think its just a realy good guess...

Dammed intresting though...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by TheRepublic

This is a YouTube video of the game in question for your thread.

I've played it and beaten it many times, and yes it does foreshadow the current events.

Yeah that You Tube link is scary as it is like it could be a direct Newslink if you didn't know better.
I also use to play it over and over again. As well as GR-Desert Seige and Island Thunder. AH crap starting to turn in to a Gamer thread now. Oops

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Once I posted the YouTube link, I ended up doing this Breaking Alternative News thread :

Google's "Street View" Brings World To Grand Rapid's Door

This made the thoughts happen to come about that the next steps are this will end up being like this video game where everyone's referencing the "video game foretelling the future" scenario.

I also just submitted this thread to DIGG for the original poster.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Games like Ghost Recon and those of the past tell me one thing:

Our problems with the Russian Federation are just beginning. In fact, we will butt heads with them so much of the next two decades that it will make us miss the Cold War.

I thought Tom Clancys "End war" was pretty sweet (no game nerd). In it, it paints the possible scenario of the world in 2015-2020, where the US has an effective ABM that can completely negate the entire Russian nuclear arsenal. Basically meaning that we go back to square one, conventional warfare is no longer obsolete due to the fall of MAD.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Slinger

Gee even more freaky. "Art imitating life." scenarios

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
I really hope this one is not a CIA plant also!
From "the sum of all fears":

Dressler notes that Hitler was "not crazy", but "stupid" in that he tried to fight the Soviet Union and the United States simultaneously. Rather, one must get "America and Russia to fight each other... and destroy each other." By detonating a Russian-made nuclear weapon on American soil, Dressler hopes to aggravate an already tense relationship between the two superpowers to the point of full-blown nuclear war.

en.wikipedia.org...

YIKES! stay out of baltimore people! as if you needed another reason anyway, hahah.

Substitute "the Israelis" for "Dressler" and you might be on to something.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hi. Long time reader, first time poster here

Anyway: In the Buffy, the vampire slayer episode Earshot Buffy stops Jonathan from killing himself with a Rifle, though it looks as if he was planning to start a massacre with it shooting people from a bell tower. Xander gets the line "who hasnt had the idle thought of taking out the whole place with a semiautomatic"

A week before the episode was supposed to air 2 kids in columbine decided to bring their weapons to school...

Did Joss Whedon know about this in advance? was he given Inside information by the HAARP operators? Guess not, since they did air Band Candy instead and delayed earshot till the end of the season.

Art mimicks life folks. Of course the make believe scenarios sometimes hit the mark. Coincidences happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join