It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon game forshadows russian war perfectly!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here is a conspiracy for you!

In 2001 a video game was released called Ghost Recon. This video game perfectly forshadows the current war between russia and georgia over south ossetia. keep in mind it was released in 2001, but was supposed to take place in the future.

The date in game for the conflict was...get this...August 2008! so 7 years ago a game was released that not only predicted what would happen and where but even predicted the time down to the month!

you can read about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...(video_game)

Ghost Recon begins in August 2008, with civil unrest in Russia. Ultra-nationalists have seized power in Moscow, with plans to rebuild the Iron Curtain. Their first step is clandestine support of rebel factions in Georgia and the Baltic States. This storyline foreshadows the 2008 South Ossetia War. This is where the Ghosts come in: to silence the rebellion. Armed with some of the most advanced weaponry in the world, the soldiers of the Ghost Recon force are covertly inserted into Eastern Europe and given specific missions to curtail the rebel actions and overthrow their benefactors.

During the first few missions of the game, the Ghosts battle South Ossetian rebel forces from the north of Georgia, who are harassing the legitimate government and its allies.

my question is this. we know the CIA will drop info in movies and games about upcoming events... remeber the lone gunman episode forshadowing 9-11? here is the actor from the x files and the lone gunman being interviewd by alex jones talking about how the CIA gave them the script for the pilot episode talkling about a plane flying into the world trade center!

...this wars timing was delibratly set and initiated by the US puppet state of georgia so just how long has this war been planned? what yall think of them apples? pretty suspicious if you ask me...no way its coincidence.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Star and flag if you find this suprising!

no one sees this as odd or suspicious?
at all?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i played the ghost recon series all through, i dont recall the date being 2008, but it was awhile back. that is indeed strange, ill check it out today and get back on this.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

yeah i played the "rouge spear" series that came out right before it. i never actually played ghost recon though. if anyone on ATS did play it and can confirm some of these details that would be awesome. i just went off the wikipedia entry for ghost recon information.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
from the games official website:

Storyline

Eastern Europe, 2008
The world teeters on the brink of war. Radical ultranationalists have seized power in Moscow - their goal, the reestablishment of the old Soviet empire. Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan - one by one the nearby independent republics slip back into the Russian orbit. Russian tanks sit in the Caucasus Mountains and the Baltic forests, poised to strike to the south and east. The world hold its breath, and waits.
For one small group of elite soldiers, the war has already begun: U.S. Special Forces Group 5, First Battalion, D Company. Deployed on peacekeping duty to the Republic of Georgia in the Caucasus, this handful of Green Berets represents the very tip of the spear - the first line of defense.

ghostrecon.us.ubi.com...

so it does appear to match up identically with what is happening. what do you think? are the writers of the storyline psychics or do they have inside info?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Me and my brother played GR like a religion when it first came out. When this war started we went 'wow GR lives!'.

Your bang on the money, and I wish i still had the map that came with the limited edition tin. That was cool....

THE STORY

The Caucasus 2008. Russian ultra-nationalists have taken control of the country and begin to invade bordering countries in an attempt to rebuild the Iron Curtain. The U.S. responds to calls for military help by the neighboring republics and the Ghosts are sent in. Lead the Ghosts through a series of military missions, ranging from covert actions, to search-and-rescue operations, to all-out firefights in this first-person squad-based action game.

GR

SO....... next its war with Mexico then.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
no one sees this as odd or suspicious?
at all?

Man I find this more ironic than I could possibly put words too !!!!!

I do recall, years ago, specualtion revolving around a supposed "agenda" the Clancy series' may have. Things popped up such as the games themselves being war strategy simulations from the "powers that be" in order to get the best feedback possible via multiplayer scenarios, the missions themselves being actual missions on drawing boards in real-time war plans.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I do recall, years ago, specualtion revolving around a supposed "agenda" the Clancy series' may have. Things popped up such as the games themselves being war strategy simulations from the "powers that be" in order to get the best feedback possible via multiplayer scenarios, the missions themselves being actual missions on drawing boards in real-time war plans.

this makes alot of sense to me too. i had not heard that before but i must say alot of his stuff seems to be quite prophetic. i grew up in the same county of maryland he is from and he certainly has ALOT of money. He earned it from writing really good books with plausible storylines...so i wonder if he got some inside info? seems to make sense to me.

lets just hope "the sum of all fears" dosnt come true.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I really hope this one is not a CIA plant also!
From "the sum of all fears":

Dressler notes that Hitler was "not crazy", but "stupid" in that he tried to fight the Soviet Union and the United States simultaneously. Rather, one must get "America and Russia to fight each other... and destroy each other." By detonating a Russian-made nuclear weapon on American soil, Dressler hopes to aggravate an already tense relationship between the two superpowers to the point of full-blown nuclear war.

en.wikipedia.org...

YIKES! stay out of baltimore people! as if you needed another reason anyway, hahah.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I played that game back then - it rocked. I completely forgot the plot by now, but now that you mentioned it here, that sounds very familiar. The plots for these games are often in some "future" conflict.

Life imitating art?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

yeah apperantly it was game of the year in 2001...i wonder why i never got it now haha. but as for life imitating art, i suppose that could be true, but how do you exsplain the date even being correct! isnt that wild! too much to be coincidence i think. especially when we know the CIA plants storylines in media. i heard they do that because if it is in the collective subconcious people will not resist as much as they would normally or something like that. if anyone has heard of this is psychology feel free to enlighten me.

but they have definatly done this before with 9-11.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
here is the ingame mission breifing from the actual game itself:
If this is the case i wonder if there are some undercover members of our military (or ghosts as they call them in the game) enroute to the region as we speak.

here is the text from the breifing in the 1st level:

We've been deployed at the request of the Georgian government to help them deal with rebels on their Russian border. Our area of operations will be the South Ossetian Autonomous region - 1500 square miles of small villages and rugged backcountry. The Ossetians have been skirmishing with the Georgian army for years, but lately the attacks have escalated to the verge of all-out war. Washington thinks that the Russians have engineered the current flare-up as an excuse to step in and annex the whole region. Our job is to cut the legs out from under the revolution before that can happen.

maybe there are some eleite members of the US forces being given that very breifing right now! notice how in the game though the blame has been placed on the russians but in real life the conflict was started by the georgians. Im still finding all of this so crazy!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
here is the ingame mission breifing from the actual game itself:
If this is the case i wonder if there are some undercover members of our military (or ghosts as they call them in the game) enroute to the region as we speak.

Heh, this will trip yer trigger !! "As we speak", the US is transporting 2,000 Georgian soldiers from Iraq back to Georigia. Perfect opportunity.

US provides airlift for Georgian troops

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

yep and those troops are the elite of georgias forces i believe. i know the US has given them extensive training. there is just too much here to be coincidence. Ive also heard something about NATO forces moving through georgia...could be a mess.

this is from the third mission breifing!:

Word just came down from HQ, gentlemen. We have official confirmation that at 0600 hours three Russian armored divisions crossed the border and linked up with the rebel forces in the north. The Russian foreign minister has issued a statement condemning "international meddling in regional affairs". Looks like we've got ourselves a full-scale international incident.

For now the U.S. is still backing the legitimate Georgian government. Our orders are, quote, "to aid the Georgian army's defensive operations in any way practical". Short and sweet that means we've got the green light to blow stuff up.

First priority is to slow down the main armored column headed for Tbilisi. We've identified an ambush point about 60 klicks west of here where the highway crosses under a rail line. A Georgian command post is nearby - if it's overrun their entire western flank will collapse. Take out the Russian advance patrols first, then the tanks. And keep your demolitions expert under cover until you need him - those tanks aren't going to be stopped by anything less than a rocket up the tailpipe.

So if you want to know the future, forget nostradomus or revelations...just play Tom Clancy video games!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
wow! this game got me into xbox when it first came out, crazy!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
where are you getting the texts for in-game briefings?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well aside of the plot being similar, I wouldn't be surprised about scenario's having similar elements.

After all, it takes place on the same planet, so geography is the same.

With geography being the same some *logic* and *sense* has been applied, hence similar scenarios. (Unless you expect Russia to send armor around the world before moving in).

Note how I say *similar* and not ''perfectly''.

As far as I know these are not 100% accurate on many area's with the events going on right now. (eg.: movement / target of units, etc.)

Also keep in mind that the tensions between South Ossetia and Georgia have started WAY before 2001.

If you've watched some proper news sources you would've seen the background of these countries, including a previous genocide of Georgia on Ossetia.

With events having taken place *before* 2001, adding things like russian interference is only one step away.

So yes, similar.
Perfectly foreshadowed? I think not.

[edit on 10/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

yes... having august 2008 being the time in the game is just coincidence.

did you watch the video i posted about the "lone gunman"? the actor admitted that they were given the plot for that episode by the CIA. that episode being the one where planes are hijacked by remote control and flown into the twin towers. forshadowing, yes. deliberately placed plotline, yes. identical? no because in that episode the good guys are able to restore controls to the pilots...in real life the planes slammed into the towers on september 11th.

so is the situation identical? no. but does it perfectly forshadow it? i would say yes.
I mean they gave august 2008 as the date in a game made in 2001!!!
dont you find that even a little odd especially considering the CIA's history of planting plotlines for future events?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How friggin spooky I was just thinking about that Ghost Recon game which I was an avid player of when it first came out on PC in 2001.
It is also friggin freaky that as you have mentioned the story line is nearly verbatim to whats happening now with the South Ossetian Autonomous Region. Though the start date is slightly out with the first mission actually starting on April 16 2008 in Ghost Recon with the neutralizing of rebel tent camps and the capture of Papashvili

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIntoIt

I have been scouring the Ghost Recon Forums to try and find out what people who playd Ghost Recon thought of all of this. sure enough many of them are kind of freaked out by the whole thing!

here is the link:
www.ghostrecon.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join