It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was ATS down for over 4 hours today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It was the LHC. The reset is bunk to throw us off the scent. Stand by for weird.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Try this for an explanation. It could explain various things including the power outage at the ESB.

www.abovetopsecret.com... =#pid4777551

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My thread was posted even closer to the blackout than the DARK/LIGHT threads...

Rouse! I declare Rouse!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Perhaps it was divine intervention?

Maybe the Gods shut down ATS so members could get some much needed sleep.

link   
My life flashed before me when I could not get on ATS this morning.

I thought it was the end of the world as we know it.

Welcome back ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Am I invisible? I have made three posts in one thread since the site came back up and despite my calls for a response there is silence coming back at me

PING?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This issue also explains why I didn't get my customary twenty "applauseses" that await me every morning.

That must be it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Listen, do you smell something?

I'm sorry. I thought I heard something. Never mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Am I invisible? I have made three posts in one thread since the site came back up and despite my calls for a response there is silence coming back at me

PING?

Maybe nobody knows the answers to whatever it is you are asking.

Pong...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
Listen, do you smell something?

I'm sorry. I thought I heard something. Never mind.

Thanks

Signed, Stinky

Originally posted by Copernicus
Maybe nobody knows the answers to whatever it is you are asking.

Pong...

This is true, or maybe I'm just dull today
Thanks for replying

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. Today has been a bit weird for a lot of people.

Sleuth

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I say conspiracy, someone reputable was finally posting the answeres to all our questions and ATS was temporarily shut down to silence them, ATS needed to be shut down for 4 hours so the y could trace the post to the source and put them in the middle of the desert somewhere to silence tham once and for all.

Or it could just be a server issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ScepticOverlord has posted some further information here;

U2U Data Lost

That is of interest.

It may not just be harmless but that is just my take at the moment.

kind regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A much more sinister thought came to mind when ATS went down. I will explain.

Some time ago, I heard that Google or some part of it was going to check people's activity on YOUTUBE. The story was also mentioned here on ATS.

Those of us on ATS take information very seriously that is located on the web. We discuss matters relating to the NWO, UFOs, government activity and how our rights are being affected. The list goes on and on. Essentially, I thought that during that four hours that data had been transferred from ATS to a government facility to check into what we are thinking, saying and doing here on ATS.

I am so glad that I was wrong, but knowing that our lives are monitered from cradle to grave that it seemed probable at best.

I don't know if I am the only member on ATS, whose phone has been tapped. You know when your phone is tapped; especially if they make a mistake their end. It is a long story, but essentially, after the person I was speaking to hung up, I heard two males voices on the line. They made a comment that made me realize then and there the conversation with my family member had been recorded. I spoke down the phone demanding to know who they were. The phone went dead. The phone tap stopped for some time after that and it was really weird.

I wondered if it was because of my activity on ATS. I don't always comment, but observe. On my good days, I go on my forums to catch up with worldly events. I look in on ATS, even on days when my health isn't so good.

Also, I wondered if it had anything to do with my experiences in relations to UFO's. To this day, I don't know why my phone was tapped, and now and again, is monitered. However, I only use the phone to ring my family and friends, and when I discussed about the UFO my dad saw when I was three, there was a clear line.

Maybe, they decided it was a waste of taxpayers money tapping a phone that is hardly in use. However, you don't know if they are tapping into your computer and reading your emails etc.

So when ATS went down, the first thing that sprung to mind was the government was accessing the site to find out what we know. We have some very credible people on here with some amazing facts relating to the NWO and other secret government activities. That is why I like ATS so much, because you can guarantee somewhere in the forum that somebody has vital information that is relevant to all of us.

I found a lot of stuff on ATS months before it got into the mainstream media. My husband was telling me things that the government intended to do, and I was already well aware of it in advance. My husband asked me how I would know before it got into the mainstream media. I said easy, the internet and ATS.

I told him that I would much prefer using the internet, mainly ATS, if I wanted reliable information relating to government activity, before it hit the mainstream media, as the information would be watered down for the populace.

I hope this explains why I thought something sinister had happened today when ATS went down.

I searched the term 503 server error, after numerous attempts to get back onto ATS. When I researched it and found out that it was the server of the site that had shut down, I realized then that there was a bug of some kind on ATS somewhere.

I was so glad that it came back online, when it did.

I wonder, if I was the only one, to suspect something much more sinister had taken place.

thanks for listening.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think a bunch of irate Chinese hackers with knives and swords were let out of an opium den to wrought havoc onto the Internet and ended up licking there lips over ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

SketpicOverlord :

I was online when the website went down - and there was some curious circumstances involving the timeframe right before it went down

it most likely is going to be nothing - but what i have to tell you seems too...relevant for me to not atleast explore as an option and bring to your attention

You have my email address associated with my account name, so if possible - please send me an email so i can tell you what i saw right before everything went down... (What i witnessed happened on ATS, not in the sky
)

I do not wish to discuss this publicly - as it pertains to things of ATS, and should be only brought to your attention

I'd send you a u2u - but...its down....

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO, Just a short note of thanks for your leadership, with this ATS site...thx for the opportunity to share...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

The Pentagon was purging the site of threads started by the Scientist linked to the Anthrax case. He was a member of ATS, and they had to get rid of the post he had here as they would incriminate the government. That is the reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

Nah you're not the only one, there was at least one more person that felt that way. I was on ATS when it went down. I was reading a thread about Arkansas being on lockdown, i went to post something and that was it it went down. I figured i must've cliked on something by mistake, because i turned my head to see what my dog had started barking about.

Anyway I tried to get back on for hours, no luck, checked other sites & they were fine. So of course my overactive imagination started working overtime. You know i had thoughts of the goverment shut ATS down so we couldn't communicate with each other anymore, they were initiating marshall law, etc.

So i went to bed and when i woke up it was back on. Can't tell you how relieved i was. I don't know if anybody else feels like this, but i always feel like as long as ATS is up and running we're ok. I guess it's because there are so many people communicating on here from all over the world that it gives me a sense of all's right with the world, so when it went down i did get kinda nervous.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I'm confused.
I thought ATS always closed when I log off.

Hah, that's funny, kinda like the little man that turns on the refrigerator light for you when you open the fridge door.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join