It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Super Powers Are Possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now for those that know me you know I am a skeptic. But I'd like to hear what the general ATS view is on super powers that are actually possible. I'm talking about saying a gift that some of the people claim here like pyrokinesis and backing up a shred of reason why it could be possible. Not something lame like "our minds can do anything!!!". Try to use science to back up your reasoning ...

Are you up to the challenge?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, I have a friend who was Possessed by a spirit a few times, and he doesn't remember a thing, ( I was with him the whole time), and he is also able to "control" fire, just little stuff though, like pyrokinesis ;P
so, even though there are many skeptics out there, there is nothing I can do about them, I was Skeptic about EVERYTHING until last year.. and this year everything else became more clear, so you believe in what ever you wish, I know what I have seen.. and here are the few things that I've seen:
Spirit Possession..
Fire manipulation
begginers Telekinesis
Reiki

hope that helped

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vehat

That doesn't help. You failed to address the whole reason behind this topic. You didn't even make an attempt to use science to back up any claims whatsoever of paranormal activity.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its a bit of an overwhelming challenge you're presenting to be honest. If anyone was able to back up their claims with irrefutable scientific evidence then there would be no question about the entire process!

That being said, there are a few theories behind psychic powers that you may be interested to hear:

Telekinesis - The ability to move objects with the mind.

There are several theories as to how the mind would be able to move objects it has no physical connection with. It has been clearly documented that the body and indeed the brain produce magnetic fields when in use. If these magnetic fields could be controlled and amplified and then used to interfere with the magnetic fields of other objects, it MAY be possible to cause movement in these objects.

Telepathy - The ability to read minds

Again it has been suggested that perhaps there is a primitive ability of the brain to 'interpret' the magnetic fields produced by anothers mind and in doing so allow the reading of another person's mind.

ESP - The ability to know things unavailable to memory or the currently established senses.

This one is a little more difficult to explain in terms of magnetic interaction. There are some fringe theories in quantum physics dealing with the interconnectivity of the entire universe that would allow for an actual 'connection' between everything in the universe, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about quantum mechanics to elaborate on this. If there was a connection between everything in the universe, then psychic powers are reduced to merely manipulation of this all encompassing field.

But then, asking for an explaination for psychic phenomena is quite like asking for an explaination of gravity. Simply put although it can be observed (a debateable point I know) no-one still knows how it works.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Scientific proof of super powers!

video.google.com...

Do not deny!

Everything is possible!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Super powers with nanotechnology are possible, super strength, fast healing, forever young, the list goes on, unlimited possibilities.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I3LiP thank you, that is what I was looking for. I will look into this further.

reply to post by _Phoenix_

What types of things right now can they do with Nanotechnology?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Excellent Kirlian photos from a Uri Gellar session

All pictures are bursts of energy from the tip of Gellar's fingertip.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Super powers with nanotechnology are possible, super strength, fast healing, forever young, the list goes on, unlimited possibilities.

As Clarke's third law states:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I find it amusing that the great Uri Geller couldn't bend any spoons, move any watches, or anything when James Randi was given access to Johnny Carson's show to make sure he couldn't cheat before Geller came on.

I say FRAUD!!!

Another time I wrote to Geller claiming psychic powers and he told me not to worry about them and just learn to heal people. Well then that crappy show with Criss Angel and him aired. Yeah Uri use your powers to heal!!! Oh no, that's right he'd rather spend his abilities profiting off of crap shows like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You say fraud.

I say you didnt watch the video

Otherwise you wouldn't take the skeptics claims so seriously....

Watch the video, it will change your mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

I will admit Gellar is a sell-out.

Still doent make him any less incredible.

His early days were his best.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

It is interesting. But it still doesn't explain why he flubbed on Carson when they had skeptics review the area before hand. It's a bit fishy and do you honestly believe all that nonsense of aliens talking to Uri and his friends?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
I3LiP thank you, that is what I was looking for. I will look into this further.

reply to post by _Phoenix_

What types of things right now can they do with Nanotechnology?

Not much right now, I'm not sure if they have any working nanos, but they have all their theories, and all of it is very possible.

It takes time to start something this advanced, so it's something we will see in the future, but not sure how long, but I would say it will come to the military first, super soldiers will be created from it, probably in the next 10 year or so? But really I don't know exactly when, all I know is that it will most definetly come in the future.

Then probably slowly it will come to the public, eventually almost unlimited products and inventions would come from it. With all the positives, there will always be negatives too, so we have to be careful of that.

Check out my thread.
Nanotechnology.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

None. For a power to be "super" it has to be impossible. Otherwise I could say "my super power is eating dinner with cutlery".

If we can do it, it no longer is "super". It's the same with "supernatural". It's a label we give things we don't understand, and once we do understand them, we just call them "natural".

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

None. For a power to be "super" it has to be impossible. Otherwise I could say "my super power is eating dinner with cutlery".

If we can do it, it no longer is "super". It's the same with "supernatural". It's a label we give things we don't understand, and once we do understand them, we just call them "natural".

Of course it doesn't have to be impossible. Super merely denotes something of a higher quality that is above and beyond the norm.

For instance Supervisor or indeed Supermarket. These are merely examples of things which are a step above the normal. I didn't walk down the street and go to the impossible market the other day.

As for Superpowers, this again would denote merely a power or ability above and beyond the normal. Most people can bench 30kg, but only a few people in the world can bench upwards of 200kg. These peope could be considered to have 'super' strength. They certainly have a capacity for lifting far above and beyond that of normal people.

Of course if everyone WAS able to bench 200kg it would not be super, the bar would be raised, so to speak, and those few people who could bench 400kg would be considered the 'super' ones.

Regardless of this argument however, I think it is quite clear what OP is referring to when he says 'superpower' as evidenced by the replies he has already received.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IMAdamnALIEN

lazy writing

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Let's just say, nobody ever claimed James Randi's million dollar challenge.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: doomslayer69

Why do you keep bumping dead threads lol?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: doomslayer69

Why do you keep bumping dead threads lol?

Soulstone's response to Vehat genuinely got me upset until I realized it was from 13 years ago.

<<   2 >>

join