It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim's stop publication of book about the life of Muhammad's child bride

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well it's not exactly kosher is it, when you're trying to take over the world with your religion, and you discover that the western world finds the whole child bride thing pretty disgusting.

Oh yes they will sell Islam to us. They already have the radio 4 lot eating out of their palms.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe people are afraid of this topic, to openly admit that you find their prophet disgusting because of these revelations would according to Islamists make you a blasphemer, an infidel, and under Islamic laws you can be murdered.

Fear is the greatest weapon Islam has, we all found that out on 9/11/2001.

Fear can also be used to influence and control those who are Muslims, that is why Islamic nations have such strict laws and harsh punishments.

When we find ourselves afraid to be critical of Islam, then maybe we have already began to convert to their faith. As a tactic terror and fear have served well for Islam... How long will the world live in fear?

Until the next major attack blamed on radical Muslims?

Convert now, do not blaspheme the prophet, death awaits all who do not follow.

Allah is great!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have been looking for Ali Hemani's seven-point strategy to stop the publication of this book. I am very curious as to what that seven point strategy was. This is the organization from which the he picked up the story.
www.husainiyouth.org

I find this information to be very interesting

Meanwhile back in New York City, Jane Garrett, an editor at Random House's Knopf imprint, dispatched an email on May 1 to Knopf executives, telling them she got a phone call the evening before from Ms. Spellberg (who happens to be under contract with Knopf to write "Thomas Jefferson's Qur'an.") "She thinks there is a very real possibility of major danger for the building and staff and widespread violence," Ms. Garrett wrote. "Denise says it is 'a declaration of war . . . explosive stuff . . . a national security issue.' .....That day, the email spread like wildfire through Random House

Isn't this mafia tactics? If you do this some people might not be happy, and who knows what they will do. We have a university professor strong arming Random House.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

"She thinks there is a very real possibility of major danger for the building and staff and widespread violence," Ms. Garrett wrote. "Denise says it is 'a declaration of war . . . explosive stuff . . . a national security issue.' .....That day, the email spread like wildfire through Random House

Isn't this mafia tactics?

Mafia tactics at best, terrorism at worst.

There is a reason for the violent, murderous side of Islam, maybe this thread will help clear that up a bit.

Question... if you knew that by posting in this thread (your identity revealed) you would immediately become a target for radical Islamic terrorists, would you refrain from posting, or change your posts to more favorably reflect Islam??

Terrorism is effective!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

I already assume that my internet web name already puts me at risk. At some point in time, somebody is going to have to start getting organized unless things start to change. Hopefully, none of this goes beyond the current debate on the internet, but incidents in Europe make that unlikely.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

Question... if you knew that by posting in this thread (your identity revealed) you would immediately become a target for radical Islamic terrorists, would you refrain from posting, or change your posts to more favorably reflect Islam??

Terrorism is effective!

I suppose that was a thread killer.

My apologies to you.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
1. Muslim countries practice and forbid other religions froming within or people leaving it for another. You can not have that with Sharia law, the Christian wannabees might ask for freedom and form a new country phobia comes about. Then again when they do become something else they get shot before it even goes that far so i guess the phobia is in built.

2.Muslims don't know the whole story either in their book and the ones that do and become extreamists is because they follow their messenger and the latter books are not technically Allah's inspiration. Hence the divide of Shiite and Sunni.

3. They are taught they are right we are wrong but they don't even comprehend democracy because how could they if they live under Islam and that is not even explained to them what it means?

4. When Muslim populations do come over to democractic countries many may not be extremists but they become seperatists in society. They will seperate a Hospital ward just so its more Islamic. They might not blow the hospital up but they will put dividing lines in every thing you do, including what you eat, no bacon in Hospitals (example).

5. Every country in the past and present when it over grows an Islamic population, will from within cause a seperation of that land because the Law of Islam is also religion and finds the other host as infidels and unholy and when that tension rises the Koran has many excuses to fight the enemy for the sake of Islam. If that was not true then how could small romours cause such riots all over Islamic nations when the West performs its own free speech and people like Salem Rushdi is wanted dead or alive.

It's up to you understanders and sympathitics to Islam but in the end you decide how wonderful it all is.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

"I suppose that was a thread killer."

Nah, we haven't been getting that much attention anyway. I think most of the others, and the numerous blogs out there, that take a hard line against Islam see the threat, and are willing to stand up against it.

The Time Lord is right, Muslims practice a passive aggressive cultural approach to take over territory. This is why I support Israel. People who see this threat need to start getting involved, writing to their congressional representatives, and demand actions be take to secure our freedoms. It seems that we need to start strengthening laws to keep church and state separated, to keep hospitals from having to cater to a particular religion.

I think this recent event where basically through threats and intimidation Random House postponed publishing a book, action needs to be taken. This woman threatened Random House. In addition, I would really like to see this 7 point plan to suppress this woman's freedom of speech. If any physical threats or intimidations are in this plan, then people need to go to jail.

We need to start developing strict requirements for people who immigrate to our country to protect ourselves from passive aggressive invaders with an agenda to take over our country, because that is exactly what Islam has done historically.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People do not want to "go there" for the most part, when it comes to anything critical of Islam.

Terrorism wins!

Deny ignorance eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Forgot to add, I think this is a very good reason to start writing your congressional representatives and state representatives. People who see this threat for what it is need to start taking action now.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Could the writer in question just find someone else to publish her book for her? There are several publishing companies out there and Im sure she could find one that shares her views. If not, couldn't she publish and sell it herself?

Sorry so short, just wanted to pose those questions...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Yeah, she could find a new publishing house, and with the publicity, she pretty much has a built in audience, but the same people who threatened Random house, probably the biggest publisher in the industry, could threaten the next publisher as well. Maybe she will have to go to Britain or Holland to find a company with the balls to stand up to these people. Of maybe a publisher could publish the book anonymously.

Still, sounds like pure extortion to me, and some people should go to jail.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You've been watching too many programmes on TV about how they just want to intergrate with us. That's exactly right, and for what end? You need to read the Koran my friend. Maybe check out Albania, check out how irate they get when you cristise them? I'm a Christian and get cristized all the time but its water off a ducks back, why? because its God who defends. Thats not how it is in Islam my friend, There you don't let God do it - YOU do it.
Islams goal is total world domination. Just as Christs goal was total world penetration. In Islam you have to..... In Christianity you choose to.

Lets sum it up. They build mosques in our western countries and our own governments give them money to build them sometimes. WE can't question them for fear of being 'bigoted'.
Now go over to Iran and try to preach the gospel... then you'll see the real Islam!!!

[edit on 10-8-2008 by daggyz]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Answering Islam, hahaha, what a joke. By just taking that website as a source shows how ignorant you are

Anyways back to the topic. Once again this relates to the subject of FOS (freedom of speech), or FOE(freedom of expression). When Muslims express their opinion in the west they are arrested for 40 days without charge
they are arrested as suspects of terror. They're arrested or deported for giving hate speech
how is this any different than this book being banned by Muslims nations? It incites hate. Double standard you might say umm who knows what's going on.

If their is no line in freedom of speech or expression than please first complain about Muslims being arrested for expressing their opinions about the west. People start from inside than complain about outside. If you haven't fixed the problems in your own states than don't bother complaining about other states, that's double standards.

You talk about liberty lol, people being arrested without charge is not liberty. If you can't understand that than you should do alittle research than come back and continue your complaints

it is based on research and historical documents...

It's a novel that's all I have to say

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
Interesting news item.

I'm not sure why this would be inflammatory to Muslims and incite violence, it is based on research and historical documents...

Why are Muslims ashamed of their prophet having child brides?

Is it any worse than the current FLDS leader, now Jailed, who also had child brides?

The Catholic child sex abuse?

Maybe religion itself is a perversion.

Muslims do need a thicker skin when it comes to their faith, if their only defence of their faith is threats of, or acts of violence and murder. Then perhaps it is the truths that they actually fear, or are shamed by in some way.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

The author is a joke

I buy and read many books, and always "intend" to write a review of the books I enjoy or am disappointed in, but find that time slips away. But, I felt so strongly about this book, that I made time to write in a review. As a reader interested in reading any book about Saudi Arabia and Muslims, I purchased this book and dived into it rather quickly. When I read on Page 12, that this woman, who is a journalist for the Wall Street Journal admit, "I had no clue where Saudi Arabia was located, beyond knowing it was somewhere in the Middle East..." she lost me. This beggers the question: What caliber of people is the Wall Street Journal hiring? IF, after 9/11, A muslim woman does not know where Saudi Arabia is located, then I really don't have any need in hearing anything else this woman has to say. Although disappointed, I forced myself to read a little further, hoping that this was some kind of a silly ploy to make the average American identify with her, but no, time after time, she confesses her total ignorance of so many social situations regarding the Middle East that have been fully covered by the world's media since 9/11, that I had to put the book down. I don't care to read books that tell me over and over how little the author knows, of the world, and of her own religion. Surprised that the book was even published, I went back and read the the back cover where very highly respected journalists and writers give this woman's writings great praise. I can only conclude that what I have heard is true -- journalists & writers who know each other praise each other's writings to help garner sales. Does this praise have any real merit? I now question this...I believe there should be a firm rule that no one who knows a writer should be allowed to review it, whether for or against the book, as we simply can't believe them. Time and again I see wonderful praise for a book, and when I get into the book, it is very weak. Does Geraldine Brooks and Ron Suskind and Michael Wolf really believe this is a worthwhile book? I also question if Asra Q. Nomani is a qualified journalist, since she herself admits how little she knows of the world, of her own Muslim faith, and on and on and on. It is very upsetting to have such a book published. Was Nomani not employed at the Journal, I feel strongly that no publisher would have looked at her manuscript twice. Most importantly, I am truly disappointed at the way "friends in journalism" support each other's writings, even if there is good reason to question whether or not the book should see the light of publishing.

www.amazon.com...
look at the stars, I don't think you can get any less stars than one. All the books I personally buy from Amazon I have never seen 0 stars personally, this is the lowest and you guys are asking why her new book is not being published lol

[edit on 023131p://31b8 by Ownification]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
someone should release the book on the web for everyone to read \download...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

Originally posted by laiguana
The U.S. should take a good look at the political turmoil that England and other European have brought upon themselves by allowing large populations of muslim radicals into their nations.

You living is US can see large amounts of radical muslims in UK,but me living in UK never get to see these 'radicals'..

IF you don't mind,can you tell me where i can find these 'radicals'?

Well I guess we all see what we want to see, or you have your head stuck up your behind whenever you travel around heavily populated muslim areas.

I worked for a couple of years in the Bangladesh community in East London, Birmingham and other parts of the UK, and I saw plenty of radical religious 'nuts'.

If you had heard what they were saying in the Mosques during both the Iraq conflicts, you would not be posting the same comments.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Isn't this mafia tactics? If you do this some people might not be happy, and who knows what they will do. We have a university professor strong arming Random House.

I think this is what they call terrorism, no? it's what all the religious doctrines use to exercise control over the sheeple.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

People start from inside than complain about outside. If you haven't fixed the problems in your own states than don't bother complaining about other states, that's double standards.

Well I don't live in any state, so I can complain about loss of freedoms across the board and not be accused of double standards?

Threatening people with violence because they are about to publish a novel claiming your special dude was akin to a child molester and rapist (under modern western law) is unholy bullying at best and demonic at worst.

If I belonged to any faith that was supporting this kind of action, I'd be humiliated and certainly wouldn't have the gall to defend it. It would certainly make me question the legitimacy of the faith. Fortunately, I grew up and out of religion a long time ago

[edit on 10-8-2008 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Answering Islam, hahaha, what a joke. By just taking that website as a source shows how ignorant you are

So, do you deny that the prophet had a child bride based on this?

From Bukhari vol. 7, #65:
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: "I have been informed that Aisha remained with the prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death).""

From the Hadith of Sahih Muslim, Vol 2, #3309
Aisha reported: Allah’s Messenger married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine….

From Abu Dawud, Vol. 2, #2116:
"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

From Tabari, volume 9, page 131
"Then the men and women got up and left. The Messenger of God consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me".

it is based on research and historical documents...

It's a novel that's all I have to say

Again, do you deny that the prophet had a child bride?

A truth veiled in a novel does not make it untrue, and more importantly if it is just a novel, then why would Muslims be so enraged over it?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join