It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Georgia invasion, Russia beginning it's march South to attack Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As you will probably know by now, Russia has invaded Georgia... Observers of Biblical prophecies such as Ezekiel 38 and 39 will note that directly or effectively controlling Georgia would be key when Moscow one day begins moving Russian military forces through Turkey and into Lebanon, Syria and eventually against Israel.

From a logistical stand point Georgia is in the way of flow of troops and supply movement to the Middle East. With Georgia's sentiment to join the EU and allow the U.S. to build a missile defense system on its territory, Russia has no alternative in it personal goals than to eliminate this block of its military transportation line.

I am not implying that Russia will attack Turkey, Syria or Lebanon, but will travel through those countries on the way to attack Israel...

Why would Russia want to attack Israel? Well the fact that Russia has major Energy Interests in Iran is a key reason. You see Israel is threatening to attack Iran over it's alleged Nuclear Weapons Program.

It looks to me that World War 3 got underway big time on 08/08/08

[edit on 9-8-2008 by savetimerushonline]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well i do not see them here. A lot of Russian tourists though. Maybe special forces in claver disguise?
No way Russia will attack Turkey - NATO member by the way. And no way Russia will attack Israel because it is a very small strip of land with no oil but allegedly a lot of nukes. Not to mention that Russia has no intention to attack/invade any of those countries.
Russia's leaders might be cynical cold-hearted, clean-headed and warm-handed individuals but they have no interest in WW3, at least while all those new yachts, houses in Europe and fancy cars. They are not evil, just very dark shade of gray.
What they do now is about protecting their or even Russian interests. Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am not implying that Russia will attack Turkey, Syria or Lebanon, but will travel through those countries on the way to attack Israel...

Why would Russia want to attack Israel? Well the fact that Russia has major Energy Interests in Iran is a key reason. You see Israel is threatening to attack Iran over it's alleged Nuclear Weapons Program.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
if russians really like to do something,it can finish off those countries in a matter of days if not hours.even those countries banded together are not no match of russians.i think the reason why russian is very cautious is because the country cares its global image and trying to be a polite power rather than a bully.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I agree with ZeroKnowledge.

In answer to the thread title...no.

This is about the energy transfer point located in that region, and the fact that the majority of citizens in the S Ossetia region are actually Russian. If Russia does not act, other former Soviet Republics will follow suit and defy Russian political power. If Russia does act it risks alienating the West. catch 22 anyone??

In my opinion Russia has taken the path that is a longer term consolidation of Russian Political Clout in a vital region.

Before we judge Russia's actions, let us put ourselves in that situation. I know that 9/10 countries would follow the same path as the Russians. I think it is a greater signal that the Russian Federation has defied the UN, and is not prepared to be taken for a fool. In light of all of the missile shield proposals and the (justified) objections of Russia, we perhaps should be paying more attention to the fact that Russia will act if it feels it is threatened.

In my opinion, Georgia brought this upon herself. Resistance against the Russian military in that region is futile. It should withdraw its troops and sue for peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Russia cannot wait for Israel to strike Iran! Oil prises will jump higher, Russia will make huge profits. Russia is also worried of Iranian nukes, due to Russian-Muslim internal/external uncertainty. Russia does not need Iran nukes to make planet barren.
They just naturally do not want US involvement on the ground.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Russia cannot wait for Israel to strike Iran! Oil prises will jump higher, Russia will make huge profits. Russia is also worried of Iranian nukes, due to Russian-Muslim internal/external uncertainty. Russia does not need Iran nukes to make planet barren.
They just naturally do not want US involvement on the ground.

Why would Russia want the oil intrests in Iran to come under US/Israel control? How would this benefit Russia?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Why would Russia want the oil intrests in Iran to come under US/Israel control? How would this benefit Russia?

Israeli control? Nation of seven million including everybody will control Iran?
Russia naturally is not going to be happy with occupied Iran, to say the least. But nobody will be capable to do so. US has Iraq issue and population understandably is against another war.
So as i see it: Israel may chose to strike Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran retaliates with missiles and another war will begin. Oil jumps up. Russia gains. Russia has no oil intersts in Iran, in fact Iran is Russia's competitor and with sanctions, blocade and probably bombed oil lines - Russia is one competitor less for a while - another gain.
During and after war Iran will need a lot of military hardware - Russia can gain. Nuclear facilities will be probably restored (also by Russians). Since US will probably provide Israel with anti-missile weapons or even participate in air strikes Iran will move even more toward Russia. I see only Russian gains, no losses.
Edit - poor English.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Can you say GOG & MAGOG?

when revelations start to come true, it seems like the minds of most people shift into a denial state.

personally, i'm in more of a 'holy sh%t this is really happening' state.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
Can you say GOG & MAGOG?

when revelations start to come true, it seems like the minds of most people shift into a denial state.

Can you give us a brief summary of what the term 'Gog & Magog' refers to, and how it applies to this thread?

Much appreciated

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
Can you say GOG & MAGOG?

Can you give us a brief summary of what the term 'Gog & Magog' refers to, and how it applies to this thread?

Much appreciated

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't think Russia is going to stop this aggression...

I think we are witnessing the Bear beginning it's millitary campaign for world conquest.. much like Germany invading Poland at the start of World War 2..

Russia knows that the US is weak right now because it is bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If this very post maker is blind from not knowing Biblical prophecy and can not be accused of generalising and having a clouded opinion then by knowing what you have said is right. Then not knowing what Biblical prophecy has to say then it sounds even more scarey. Here is what alot of Bible believers have to to say about Russia and Iran and future Isreal.

I know of this and wrote this ages ago so I am just pasting my old opions and facts.

_____ ________ _________ ___________ ______________ _______

Ezekiel 38 nations against Israel:

What this article and peoples theories show is that they can see the connections of this alliance that Iran is building, one day it maybe be used to make war, one that end time believers think could happen. There maybe tensions now as I guess people around the world cannot deny it otherwise. The prophecies may not happen next week but the potholes are in place for everyone to get dragged into and Ezekiel, which is about Israel at the end of the ages and what circumstances it, holds with nations named. Some argue this Gog and Magog war is in 1000 years time during the peace process when Jesus rules the earth as stated in the Book of Revelations. But this war could still go ahead, if Iran still plays this poker game- It’s a Nuclear of Peace we want to kill you game then Israel might actually strike Iran cause a fall out of radiation by accident, The UN may gang up and say no Nuclear weapons allowed or we will attack anymore nations that will want to use them. Then all these nations would have to gather by means of manual fighting because by then the UN would monitor everything. So the war will be fought by a territorial means as Ezekiel mentions. Remember this is not Armageddon yet that is bigger.

A few delays prior to this may occur, it can happen next week, it could happen in 20 years time, but the tension is pulling till it snaps unless resolved.

Ezekiel 38:1-6 The word of the Lord came to me; Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army - your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops - the many nations with you

2500 years ago – modern nation
Rosh - Russia
Magog- Central Asia
Meshech- Turkey
Tubal- Turkey (also southern Russia and Iran)
Persia -Iran
Ethiopia- (Cush) Sudan
Put- Libya

Gomer- Turkey
Many peoples with you- Other Islamic nations

All I am saying if this is right look out this is just one event with many roads leading to it. Yes you don’t have to believe but makes you wonder.

They built walls in the ancient times because there was no system to keep invaders out, and today there is no system to keep the invaders out so you resort to ancient methods all is well.

Temple mount had walls round it once.
Scotland too built a wall. I think America should make one for the Mexican boarder one made from concrete.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you think this is an invasion, consider that the people who lived in this disputed area fled to Russia to find safety.
The Russians were already there and they were attacked by the Georgian army.
Do not get caught up in the propaganda.
No one considers this province to be anything other than a part of Russia, despite what people in Georgia.
If not for oil, no one would care.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
If you think this is an invasion, consider that the people who lived in this disputed area fled to Russia to find safety.
The Russians were already there and they were attacked by the Georgian army.
Do not get caught up in the propaganda.
No one considers this province to be anything other than a part of Russia, despite what people in Georgia.
If not for oil, no one would care.

Maybe the Gerogians had no choice but to run up hill since the attacks were going further down, does not mean the reply to the attacks were aimed at their own people. 2,000 have been killed so far. Okay like you say no one considers this province to be other than Russia then are the Russians killing their own people? That is not right either, but I doubt that is the case and I would like hear more on the news it self on what they have to say.

But please expand because if you are right then I'm confused and led astray.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think that this is the start of WW3... look for Russia to refuse to halt it's bombardment of Georgian Millitary and Civilian targets despite International outcry... I believe the real goal here for Russia is to take the USA and Israel out once and for all...

this is exciting!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, I believe this is Bible prophecy beginning to take form.

We will know shortly if Israel is attacked.

Much could happen before that, but the nations mentioned in the Bible are aligning themselves against Israel just as prophecized in the Scriptures.

The reason I believe that this attack on Georgia is leading up to the attack on Israel is that Georgia is directly North of Israel and would be in Russia's path someday when it attacks Israel. Now that Georgia will most likely be under Russian control, they have a great launching pad from which to attack. These are only my speculations & time will tell.

Read the books of Ezekial and Jeramiah & find the similarites.

Also, remember that the Bible predicts that someday the city of Damascus will be totally destroyed, nevermore to be a city. I think it is one of the oldest (if not, the oldest) city on Earth. It has been attacked many times throughout history, but never completely destroyed.......I assume it will be nuked. What a coincidence that most of the major terrorist headquarters are located there, and speculation that Iraq'a weapons of mass destruction where hidden there.

Interesting times we live in, for sure. Fullfilled Prophecy validates the scriptures are true, imo.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Only time will tell. This could be the beginning of the War of Gog and Magog as predicted. If we see Russia continue on South then we know this is it.

This is NOT the war of Armagheddon howevere, but this is the one that preceeds it very shortly beforehand. Just have to see how it plays out.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
well clearly this is the Gog Magog war... why else would russia be refusing to Georgian pleas for a cease fire? Russia is obviously intent on occupying Georgia, because it needs to use it as a passageway to Iran in light of the coming US attack on Iran.

This is all to freaky... the biggest fleet of Naval vessels since the 2003 invasion of Iraq is now steaming into the persian Gulf, just as the Russian bear awakens out of hybernation.

Stay tuned folks... and look for Barack Obama to initiate a seven year peace treaty between Israel and many other nations at the end of this 'world war 3'

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The US started WWIII when it invaded Afghanistan. This 'invasion' isn't simply about oil or money or profiteering (though that's also a major part of it). This war is about eliminating rogue nations and people who will be willing to fight against the New World Order. Israel will be on the list eventually, but right now the UN powers are trying to destroy potential dissenters. Don't believe any of the junk that the mainstream news tells you because they are run by the same people that are promoting this. Georgia wouldn't attack Russia or the Russian military for any reason other then because it was at a desperate state brought on by conditions placed by Russia. All the rest is an excuse for the war and the US's and other nation's threats are simply to save face. They are really backing Russia's plans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join