It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. woman gets new trial in death of boyfriend, 85

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ga. woman gets new trial in death of boyfriend, 85

ap.google.com

ATLANTA (AP) — An elderly woman convicted of killing her 85-year-old ex-boyfriend because she thought he was seeing another woman was granted a new trial Friday, more than two years after she was sentenced to life in prison.

A jury convicted Lena Driskell of killing Herman Winslow in 2005 at the Atlanta assisted living home where they had both lived, but her new attorneys argued that her defense team was ineffective.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Ural Glanville agreed, saying Driskell's previous lawyers didn't object to key testimony and didn't press for a charge of manslaughter, which carries a lesser sentence.

Police said Driskell, who was 78 at the time, was enraged that her yearlong relationship with Winslow had ended and that he was seeing another woman. Dressed in a hairnet, bathrobe and slippers, she confronted Winslow with an antique handgun and fired up to four times, prosecutors say.

"I did it and I'd do it again!" Driskell was quoted as yelling to the officers who arrived at the home.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The local news stated that he had an affair with 5 other women. I only mention that because this article makes it sound that what made her snap was senility. The local news makes it sound like she snapped when she found out he had cheated on her with 5 other women over the years.

That doesn't make it a justificationl, just a different story than what the AP is reporting currently.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

They contended that she snapped because she thought Winslow had been cheating on her when in fact he was likely taking a nap.

That story is so bizarre, I heard about it on the news but didn't have the details. It seems like being 85 and in an assisted living home would be grounds for senility or something of that nature.

new topics

join