It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge 8 Crop Circle Appears 08/08/08

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The eight inner circles possibly representing the 8 planets around the sun? I seem to remember from somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that Pluto doesn't fit the definition of a planet and thus we have 8 and not 9? Very very nice crop circle though, one of the better ones I've seen

[edit on 9-8-2008 by phoenix_zephyr]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Not that it matters all that much, but, someone had mentioned what appeared to be two people. But, I looked at this again and it reminds more of four people holding hands. Something like what we might see at a
séance.

en.wikipedia.org...

It also suggests to me some type of joining force and meeting as if this loop is broken or needs cooperation between species and forces to possibly repair it. A spiritual person might say it's a spiritual message of hope? Some mention an astral alignment and cyclical event. What if we really could talk to the dead, would this be a clue to these events? Alpha, Omega, Alpha etc.

Maybe it is someones advanced idea of a joke or puzzle, it's still well done and worth commenting on.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It looks amazing.

The first thing that came to my mind was 2 planets or systems in long/distant orbits converging in one event. Also because of figure eight shape it would be fair to assume it is a repeating event.

Impressive nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I agree with you on the joining of two worlds or whatever the circles would seem to represent. There's definately a 3D aspect to this design as the circles become larger as they get closer to the center. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow, that is the worst CGI Ive ever seen passed as real.

Not only does the far away photo not match the close up photo, but the people on the close up photo are fake and they don't even have real shadows, and the ones that do have shadows, they are fake. All fake pixelation.

I can't believe anyone is falling for this one.

Hey OP what is your source? I would like to know.

This one is a hoax, and should be marked in the title. I will show evidence if needed. You should be able to see yourself the difference between the close up picture and the zoomed out picture.

This specific crop circle is fake.

Also, the significance of the number 8 can be found using a Sundial like Ed Leedskalnin's, or if you took a picture of the Sun at the same exact time every day, and marked its position. The shape it makes is a figure 8. As shown below:

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

It's called an analemma.
en.wikipedia.org...

Most religions from Earth originated from Sun worship. So ancient people knew about the analemma.

I believe this is where the figure 8 came from in terms of the infinity sign. Since the Earth spins infinitely around the Sun.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Sun is the creator of all life on Earth. Light itself is what creates everything in the universe.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Double post sorry.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Wow, that is the worst CGI Ive ever seen passed as real.

Not only does the far away photo not match the close up photo, but the people on the close up photo are fake and they don't even have real shadows, and the ones that do have shadows, they are fake. All fake pixelation.

I can't believe anyone is falling for this one.

Hey OP what is your source? I would like to know.

This one is a hoax, and should be marked in the title. I will show evidence if needed.

MMm please look at the first post I have sourced the original photographer, and also a link to the field report on the real event.

You would find it impossible to prove as you state as scientists have been there, organizations, and today the local press, all of these people have actually been to the site, taken photo's and also taken readings.

Its as real as the sun in the sky my freind.

Thank you for the info on infinity etc very interesting.

The poster who mentioned the four people holding hands, thats really interesting I hadn't seen that ... thanks.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ive been there, its real...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Ok, you believe the "sources" you want to beleive, I know CGI when I see it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow that is a great find, thanks for posting the pictures.

I find it ever increasingly difficult to believe that Jim Bob and his friends are able to create such intricate and unbelievably complex designs using sticks and the like. I see no way that even an entire team of workers with great mathematical knowledge could make something of that proportion, over one night, in the dark, during poor weather conditions, undetected.

If anyone believes that to be possible, simply go out and try to recreate that design tonight. There is no way someone could make that complex design in the dark and using primitive tools, never once straying from the line and pattern. Look at the design, it is symetrical and perfect, not one flaw that I can tell.

Im not saying it is ET related, but a bunch of drunks could not make that design under those conditions in 1,000 attempts.

Amazing.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Are you being serious? So what you are saying is that all the people that took the photographs, have been to the site & even reported on by local press are all in on a CGI hoax?

If you are then i'm sorry but you're nuts. That would be a bigger conspiracy than the actual crop circles. Why don't you start a thread on how a CGI crop circle is being hoaxed & submit your evidence.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

Can anyone elaberorate on this?

I remember seeing a show on history channel once in which scientists tested "nodes" of the crop and said that their complete genetic structure had been altered and claimed it was impossible unless a gigantic microwave were beamed at the corn.

www.csicop.org...

Levengood's Crop-Circle Plant Research
Joe Nickell
Investigative Files

In several technical papers, W. C. Levengood purports to show that "Plants from crop formations display anatomical alterations which cannot be accounted for by assuming the formations are hoaxes."[1] Unfortunately, there are serious objections to Levengood's approach. First of all, while he uses various control plants for his experiments, nowhere in the papers I reviewed [1,2,3,4] is there any mention of the work being conducted in double-blind manner so as to minimize the effects of experimenter bias. (As one "cereologist," the Earl of Haddington, said of another laboratory that claimed to detect different "energy levels" between crop-circle and non-crop-circle areas [a concept that appears to have begun with dowsers], "When they are not told which sample came from a Crop Circle and which from a heap of grain in my back yard they are either unable or unwilling to give a result."[5])

also:

www.circlemakers.org...
NEWS UPDATE 07-01-2003:

Word reaches us via Saucer Smear that Roswell researcher Kevin Randle has recently called into question the doctorate of Dr William Levengood (pictued right), whose research into biophysical changes in plant samples taken from crop circles is held up by many in the crop circle research community as "proof positive" that crop circles are not man made.

In response to Randle's allegation Levengood said that in reality he has a "PhD equivalent" from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS). Which all sounds perfectly reasonable, but... when NAS was contacted, they said that they were not a academic institution and don't issue "degree equivalents" of any kind, which leaves "Dr" Levengood somewhat in the lurch!

Here's how it's done

www.circlemakers.org...
A picture of the "That's Impossible" circle the Circlemakers did for the Daily Mail newspaper

www.circlemakers.org...
This one was done in New Zealand for TV
We were asked to design a complex crop formation that could be made at night in under four hours. The formation we designed had over 100 flattened circles and a diameter of 300ft, putting it on a par with some of the most complex formations to appear in the fields of England over the past few years
www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wicked find, be amazed what people can crank out in a few hours time...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
the eternal cycle, the duality of matter, energy forming matter , matter turning into energy, we can only understand by applying our referential models, the grids that define our understanding of things, and those grids haven already been conditioned to be tied to a single thought paradigm.

I've been in the UK and have myself been witness to some really amazing CC, that couldn't have been made by the drunken pair of J & J.

It may seem extraordinary, too good to be true, and sometimes it is.
This is the wake up call of the universe....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
It may seem extraordinary, too good to be true, and sometimes it is.
This is the wake up call of the universe....

Very well said theOneEyedProphet,
If only though we knew the message, in our frames of reference as humans. You post was insightful indeed.

As stated by many in this thread the Numerology, Infinity, visual aspects of the apparent 3d and different "pictures" our human mind makes or recognises in this form, all are part of the message.

I have been pondering this much over the last day or two, and I was thinking about many of the threads on ATS about Grant Mitchell and General Sigil stuff.

Is this the Alien version of a type of Sigil? a

Are they indeed using the deep impressions that these images to either trigger Jungian deep responses in our behaviour or thought patterns?

Maybe it is a way they are connecting with their own deep minds. However the more I think and see these symbols I feel past the apparent surface "message" there is a deep type of psychology and maybe even magic going on here.

Indeed were things like the Sigils passed to humans not from ethereal realms but from Physical material entities in our history?

This got me to further ponder, by posting this thread am I actually supporting Alien Magic!! what a thought, and is that positive or negative?

I feel that to believe that all these cases are hoaxes, for the reasons pointed out by previous posters is just a comfortable paradigm for many to keep the status quo in their representation of "reality" safe.

You really can not with any assurance and confidence in your claims think this was created by Joe and John and some bits of string, wood, and even GPS.

Infact as alluded too earlier if this was the reality of some of these events this is an even bigger conspiracy!

It would take massive amounts of High engineering, design, labour management, transportation, secrecy and also the paying off of all the farmers and land owners where these events appear.

If 100 guys are going round the world creating these things under secrecy its a bigger mystery than if the Aliens are doing it!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Excellent find Elf, S & F for your research.

IMHO it reminds me of the Mobius Strip.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which symbolizes ‘infinity’, a form of it is also the international sign for recycling!

I am not sure of the math involved, but to churn that out overnight would require numbers of people on biblical proportions. All working in darkness – do you know how much night vision goggles are? – Good find

H

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Thank You,
I feel the Infinity symbol is the key myself, and I am thinking also about Terrance Mckenna and the timeline Zero issue.

I have had some very limited knowledge of this and experience.

I had a NDE some years ago.

Also within meditation and from reading other peoples experiences Time certainly does seem to be cognitive construct.

Even modern physics at the quantum level, where we are all connected, all is one, with non locality etc this seems to be very close to reality, and is very different to how we experience "reality".

Certainly infinity more than any other construct may be closer to the real "reality" than we experience.

If all is connected, all is one and time is all in the "now" then infinity is the best human experience we can come too, or the closest, to describe this.

As was stated but I forget by whom;

"Time is Natures way if stopping everything happening at once"

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I noticed telltale signs of this hoax within a few seconds.

reality check....

yes, the chinese Pepsi cans are really red.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
Are you being serious? So what you are saying is that all the people that took the photographs, have been to the site & even reported on by local press are all in on a CGI hoax?

Ok show me links too all this. All I have seen is 1 link to 1 guy with CGI images on his main page. I don't see any creditable news sources reporting this, or pictures of real people around the crop. All I see is a hoax that a website is promoting to make people believe it is real.

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
If you are then i'm sorry but you're nuts. That would be a bigger conspiracy than the actual crop circles. Why don't you start a thread on how a CGI crop circle is being hoaxed & submit your evidence.

How would it be a bigger conspiracy? I own 4+ websites, I can easily make a fake crop circle, and post it on all 4 different websites that people think are different, and then make a hole bunch of fake witnesses so people believe its real. You have no clue how easy it is to fake people, hence the reason why you think its so awe inspiring.

Also, over at the "drone" thread, people have already shown a program that does nothing but make crop circles for you. You put in a stupid design, and it will superimpose the design onto the crop's. Ill find the program for you and post it in a minute.

The program isn't even needed, I could do this in photoshop in like 20 minutes.

I don't care if you think I am nuts, I HAVE VISUAL PROOF that this is a FAKE IMAGE that was edited in a computer image editor. It is CGI.

Also, most news agencies (the good ones) hire image consultants to look at images that were submitted, to see if they are real or fake before they report them. IF you actually have a link to a creditable news source (which I doubt), they probably don't hire a consultant, and they get tricked into thinking it is real just like the majority of you people.

Once again, I have visual proof these are cgi images. You can look at it yourself, the far away shot from the aircraft does not match the zoomed in shot. And the people walking around in the image ARE FAKE.

I wish this was real, its very cool, but this one is fake. Sorry.

Seems like someone is forking out fakes, and making people believe. That would explain any people who think it is real, but have never even been to the site. When you personally go there and see it, and take pictures, then post about it. But when you are relaying images that you have no clue where they came from.. well, you are setting yourself up for embarrassment.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
About this Crop Circle. I found an interesting mathematical conclusion. Enjoy!

8-08-2008 Crop Circle Explanation

I live in Buenos Aires Argentina and I always visit your web site. For the last 7 years I’ve been studying the Mayan culture. We are a group of eight and we get together every week to study. A few months ago we noticed that some crop circles contain numbers referred to the Mayas. But our surprise today is beyond anything we could have dreamt.

The circle which appeared today below White Horse Milk Hill Stanton St Bernard with an eight figure has a unique message. There are 21 circles on each side and 9 in the center ring. The circles appear to follow a pattern in size which made us think of Phi. So we did this: 21*1.618039 = 1596

Why is this so important? Because there are only 1596 days left before the end of the Mayan Long Count which ends on December 21st. 2012!!

TERESA BOND LANDAJO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join