It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hey i am new to ATS and this will be my first post but anyways

About 2-3 years ago on Easter morning i woke up and i looked over at my closet(my bed is facing it) and in the top corner of my closet there was a bright white light it was there for about 10-15 seconds and then it was gone, i never did see it again. I have always just wondered what it was, anyone have any ideas?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS... if you need anything just ask.

The white light could be a number of things:

It could be part of a dream drifting into reality when you awoke, it could be part of a lucid dream or even part of a lucid reality. A lucid state doesnt just occur in your dreams.

It could be linked to a vision, a spirit or even just a ray of light from the window.

There are so many different answers / possibilities, could you provide anymore info eg any sounds, temperature, weather conditions, any other weird events, weird dreams.

Hope you find what you are looking for...

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
John Q, that is a really good answer. I gotta say. The following may sound silly, but dreams drift into reality? Are you talking about anything beyond an after image?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Thanks for giving me an idea of what it could of been, guess i never really will know.

Yeah what exactly do you mean dreams drifting into reality?

Anyways thanks for the help!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Yeah what exactly do you mean dreams drifting into reality?

Its that half way state between here (reality) and there (dreams) when you "drift off" to sleep you enter a hypnagogic state before you dream. In this state your brain experiences theta waves, which are actually the same brain waves used in meditation. Its a state thats linked to your memories and creativity, though its still an area that needs to be studied more.

Now when you wake up or your "dreams drift into reality" you enter a Hypnopompic state and your subconscious merges with your conscious, this can also be associated with a lucid dream state or a deep sleep (delta waves)

I think you may of been experiencing a lucid dream which could of triggered a false awakening (the two are linked) so you may of thought you were awake but werent.

Just all theories though, thats all I can give you.

Hope this helps.. (even if its just a little)

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Taylor Control I first want to say I Hello!!!! I am a new member here on ATS as well, and I am so excited you posted this thread. This sounds like you may have experienced the same white light I did. I even posted my first thread about it. If you get a moment please read it over and let me know if it sounds like the same thing you saw!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join