It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #2 - Symbol Sequence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I may be wrong about the straight verticle dots being word seperations or spaces. I really hope I'm not though.

Just a thought but why would they bother to put a 'space' symbol at the end of the top line? I have a feeling they may not the separators.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just got it...

Edit: (right-click and choose 'view image' to see it completely; the entire width)

ABCDEAF DEGCHA ACIHJFEKL CAMNKEI
swedish divers searching estonia

OPAM QNJIMC APEMJIAC NBKCH
must locate suitcase owner

Thread ID: 78342
Answer: aleksandr voronin (Source)

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whoa changed again...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Wow grats mate
Well done

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
awesome! yay

good job guys

[edit on 8-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
[quote

Congrats! But what's with the +1 and -1 and how in the world did you figure that out?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thanks Kryties! Whew, now I can go into work...

NOTE EVERYONE:
It seems the answers must be entered in LOWERCASE. I wasted about five minutes sweating and re-reading the thread before trying that.

Good luck to all!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Those were places where the grid I drew had to be shifted left (-1) or right (+1) by one pixel to line up.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
[quote

Congrats! But what's with the +1 and -1 and how in the world did you figure that out?

Yea, I'm a bit confused as well.

Sorry guys, it wasn't 5 words, I guess I threw us all off the right track

My bad, well it seems there's some pro puzzle solvers who will be working these alone.

I much more enjoyed "The 5th of November puzzle where there was a group collaboration, was good fun bouncing ideas off one another.

But apparently when material rewards are on the line....., the pro's come out and work alone.

A shame.

Well good luck to everyone, I was hopeing the puzzles and threads would be more a member collaboration system.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow, good job on that one!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Congrats, Ian! Nicely done!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Congrats to all the winners so far, and future winners.

I don't really have much use for the prizes anyway, except maybe the shirts, heh, could always use more T-shirts.

But again I was hopeing there'd be more of a teamwork atmosphere to this.

Seems people are playing thier cards close to the vest. too bad.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just much funner, imo working together.

Well good luck all.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Well good luck to everyone, I was hopeing the puzzles and threads would be more a member collaboration system.

Now don't be that way... once I finished my transcription and grid, it made the cryptgram work, and then searching for 'estonia' found the thread. I'll admit, I did have the 't-shirt lust' driving me on a little, but I had the GIF I made ready for posting before moving on to the cryptogram, and would have posted it as soon as I 'got stuck' or hit a stopping point.

I promise if I'm lucky enough to get another one, I'll give it to whoever exemplifies 'the best collaborative effort'.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Don't get discouraged! If you don't win anything this time around, learn all you can and study hard for the next game. (whenever that may be)

Who's gonna start a thread for the 3rd puzzle?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The next one with the numbers seem odd. I have more than 26 types of numbers. Not english?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your right Ian, my bad, I see you shared a bunch of info and tried working with everyone on the first puzzle.

Btw, where do you find the thread ID, to type in after the solution anyways? Not like I'm gonna be typing in any solutions, but I am just curious.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by Nola213

Now don't be that way... once I finished my transcription and grid, it made the cryptgram work, and then searching for 'estonia' found the thread. I'll admit, I did have the 't-shirt lust' driving me on a little, but I had the GIF I made ready for posting before moving on to the cryptogram, and would have posted it as soon as I 'got stuck' or hit a stopping point.

I promise if I'm lucky enough to get another one, I'll give it to whoever exemplifies 'the best collaborative effort'.

Don't do that!, that's up to the mods. They said they would be giving away 5 T-shirts to those that displayed the most effort in collaborating with others ect. So leave that up to them.

If you solve any, definitely complete them for yourself. You have 1 correct so far, your gonna need to get a few more at least I would assume to be in the running for any of the "grand prizes/prize".

Good luck Ian

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

No worries, Nola.... in the ATS-custom 'Google search' box at the upper-right of the page, I typed "estonia suitcase"... then, clicked through to the first hit that came up. The 'thread id' is the number in the URL:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread78342/pg2

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i need help please i'm trying to do a puzzle on a 5x5 grid with the words one two three four five six seven eight all in it thankyou

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Do you guys have any ideas for deciphering this image? I've never seen something like this before. Guessing maybe morse code, binary or some other linear form of translating 1's and 0's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join