It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCains Newest Ad: Praises From Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
McCains newest video is the current hot thing. The democrats response is quite ridiculous if you ask me. I want everyone's opinions.

McCains Video

Democratic Response

Sad and pathetic if you ask me. It either shows the democrats flip flop, or perhaps they change gear for political benefit. Either way, im amazed this is the only defense the party could come up with.

Criticism from democrats towards an opponent? DONT TELL ME ITS TRUE!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
'Obama is Paris Hilton...and did I mention those other cats like me?' Give plucky a break!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
First off.. nice post. Loved the vids

Originally posted by AndrewTB
McCains newest video is the current hot thing. The democrats response is quite ridiculous if you ask me. I want everyone's opinions.

My opinion is that you must be blind.

These ads are exactly alike. They could have been made by the same person from what I can tell. As a matter of fact, it looks like the democrat one could have been made before the republican one.

They are both rather funny if you ask me.

Sad and pathetic if you ask me. It either shows the democrats flip flop, or perhaps they change gear for political benefit. Either way, im amazed this is the only defense the party could come up with.

Wow.. I think it's getting deep in here now...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
No offence but what's more pathetic is American politics.Seriously how's the american voters meant to decide when neither party provides their four year plan, but instead focuses on spinning the truth on their competitor

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
First off.. nice post. Loved the vids

My opinion is that you must be blind.

These ads are exactly alike. They could have been made by the same person from what I can tell. As a matter of fact, it looks like the democrat one could have been made before the republican one.

Unfortunately, you are incorrect. The McCain version came out first and then the DNC very came out as a response according to media outlets.

As for being full of it. That's another can of worms. I try to post based off facts, unless a thread is related to personal opinion. In this case what I said was more than fair.

The videos say a million words and nothing more needs to be said on my part.

Glad you enjoy the vids.

May the best candidate win!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond94
No offence but what's more pathetic is American politics.Seriously how's the american voters meant to decide when neither party provides their four year plan, but instead focuses on spinning the truth on their competitor
Many criticize the American system, but its quite clean compared to a lot of other countries. The system is similar almost all around in terms of a democratic system. After the elections things go back to normal and life goes on. Its all part of the game for both parties.

If you find such a disliking to American politics, I don't even see why your in this thread. But I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if they really aren't contributing.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Mccain,,, another sociopath, for the rich, for blood...

I did like Mccain...

He messed up and took the Rove low road

Paul or Barr for the right

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Completely accurate videos, both of them!

The John McCain of 2000 is not the John McCain of 2008. As Howard Dean says, the 2000 John wouldn't vote for 2008 John.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I cant believe the righties.....

Ok.... so all the ads Iv seen so far and the vast majority of the arguments coming from the righties here are about Liberals... I mean honestly now? Its liberals this liberals that, Id swear the republicans never controlled the whitehouse over the last 8years from hearing yall.

You see McCain hasnt got anything, he targets Obama to push attention from his flip flops and his buddie Bush over there.

Real sad...

[edit on 8-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think its funny, because it demonstrates how the media and democrats loved McCain until he became the Republican nominee. Ever since, they have treated him like a a villain from Furn gully.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Team Obama either had a drastic change of mind, or they're all full of empty platitudes.. I'm sure they'll claim they've all been taken out of context...

The hypocrisy evident in this election if rife.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

May the best candidate win!

The best candidate (Ron Paul) doesn't stand a chance.
This election is more like 'may the bad, or the other-bad, candidate win'.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
The John McCain of 2000 is not the John McCain of 2008. As Howard Dean says, the 2000 John wouldn't vote for 2008 John.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I used to like John McCain! He WAS a maverick. He stood for what he believed in. He stood against Bush. Bush hated him for that!

But now, he's totally weak, giving in to the pressure of the party. He's like tofu. He takes on the taste of whomever he's near. He's a total wimp.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The ad from the McCain camp is an excellent one, simply because it uses his opponents words against them. The Hillary quote, coming during the middle of the election cycle, is particularly powerful and damaging (and its not the only time she used that line, either).

The Dems response will have much less effect, simply because they are Dems and its going to appear as though they're just changing their rhetoric to help Obama now that we're in the middle of a campaign. Everyone expects the Dems to trash McCain, so its no real surprise even when the same ones do it who were previously praising him. In fact, they may come across as hypocrites for now attacking McCain obviously out of political expediency.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I think its funny, because it demonstrates how the media and democrats loved McCain until he became the Republican nominee. Ever since, they have treated him like a a villain from Furn gully.

thats because John McCain made a change.

If you love spaghetti today
And i throw a pile of dirt on it tomorrow

will you still eat the same dish of pasta?

i think not.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by Dronetek

thats because John McCain made a change.

If you love spaghetti today
And i throw a pile of dirt on it tomorrow

will you still eat the same dish of pasta?

i think not.

Exactamundo!

Not sure why people don't see this.

A wise man changes his mind. A fool, never does.

new topics

top topics

join