It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 9-11 Commemorative 20$ Silver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

New 9-11 Commemorative 20$ Silver

www.youtube.com

The new commemoritive silver 9-11 20$ dollar commercial has been airing recently. It is a 2 minute commercial trying to get the American public to pay 20 US dollars for. It never mentions how much silver there is or the size.It says it is "Liberian Currency". Metal Leaf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

en.wikipedia.org
blog.asseenontvnetwork.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.consumeraffairs.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Was looking for comments on this tasteful/tasteless ad? Was looking for how this makes an American feel, what emotions this brings up if any from any aspect.

Are there any designs, logos, or any symbols that mean anything than the obvious? It almost feels that this commercial celebrates 9-11 and they way it makes Americans feel. I want to hear any discussions from AST'ers on the global level, but specifically wonder how it makes American AST'ers feel. I reserve my feelings for after the discussion has started. Also how about othe com. coins or $?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is just some cheesy attempt by a foreign government to capitalize on the few remaining people who are deluded enough to think they are purchasing a bit of silver plated (or leaf) Americana.

Insulting, exploitative, demeaning, disrespectful..., enough feeling for ya?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

A star for you sir! I believe that is EXACTLY what is going on.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes... but in more detail on your feelinigs...but obviously someone buys this garbage. I agree it is junk, and sad that this is on the air, at 2 minutes a chunk, i saw it on ESPN!!!! Got sick and looked for the commercial on YouTube to make sure i saw it correectly. To exploit the death of thousands is a disgrace. This is not their 1st attempt so they are selling. I am an American, burn upstate NY just so you know. How much does a 2 minute commercial cost? 20 bucks a pop...2-minute commercial...they are selling...not all feel like us.

BTW...i sometimes feel like these are for those who celebrate 9-11...why does anyone need this and their other previous 9-11 items to "never forget". I lived in Ames. Ma. at the time, one lady's husband died on one of the planes that hit WTC, i wonder how these items make her feel...especially if i dont like them....

Also was does ESPN let this crap air...or any other channel for christs sake!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Sure but why is it ok? Why is it on my USA TV? Last thing i remember about Liberia is the US rescuing their crappy leader and flying him off somewhere!!! Who did the US put in to power after? Is this a scam by the US gov't or those who "planned" 9-11? And after that is said, is this their fund raiser for more?

www.state.gov...

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org... hmmmmmm

en.wikipedia.org...

members.aol.com...

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Cosmocow]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Since it's silver leaf then there isn't much more silver there than there is in a chicken soup can.

Why is it a "tragedy"? That's used to denote an unavoidable natural disaster. "Atrocity" is the appropriate term but "tragedy" adds passivity to the tone of the language.

It's exploitation if the victims don't get the profits.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

yeah, it's true value is like 40 cents, maybe less nowadays...

"tragedy" is this commercial....
No profits for family....just the memories of the day...instead of their loved ones.....

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

Less. In fact, the current exchange rate is:
1 Liberian dollar = 0.01562 US Dollar
Thus, the certificate is worth about 31 cents.
Not a bad scam, from the scam artists' point of view.
Liberia makes a considerable profit selling coins and stamps that depict US historical events. They have been doing it as long as I can remember. Most of their stamps issued in the last 50 years are worthless. They sure do look pretty though.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
isn't liberia a US puppet?

Like i said didn't we fly C.Taylor outta there in the turmoil a couple years back? If Liberia does it and makes bank....why don't other African countries...end the starvation. A US company or gov't agency has to be a part of this, right?

Great Quote Prof....a Charles Taylor signed too...

top topics

join