It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olympics: Unveiling Police State 2.0 by Naomi Klein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The Olympics: Unveiling Police State 2.0 by Naomi Klein

www.commondreams.org

he games have been billed as China’s “coming out party” to the world. They are far more significant than that. These Olympics are the coming out party for a disturbingly efficient way of organizing society, one that China has perfected over the past three decades, and is finally ready to show off. It is a potent hybrid of the most powerful political tools of authoritarianism communism — central planning, merciless repression, constant surveillance — harnessed to advance the goals of global capitalism. Some call it “authoritarian capitalism,” others “market Stalinism,” personally I prefer “McCommunism.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the tension is rising. everyone is staring out, cock-eyed, desperate for the next big event that will bring us closer to our final moment.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by mirovampiro]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mirovampiro

Over a meal today a few of us discussed this topic. We all agree that it is terrible that such an oppressive state gets the games meant for world wide fellow ship and love.

But if you follow my friends line of thinking it may just make sense..

'It is a symbolic unvieling to the world its future fate, just like the 1938 Olympics were, an illuminati 'message to the masses' so they can say 'we told you so' as they speak in symbols to the world, not words'.

I thought about this for a long time, and then it did seem to click into place.

What if the worlds powers do use symbols to 'tell us' about the true nature of the world? what happens if they have a rule that says they must tell every one? so they do so in coded pictures. Thus they can say 'they were warned'.

Just like denver airport, just like the guide stones, just like all those pre 9-11 games with twin towers and planes flying into them...

Could they be showing us how they plan to rule the world in the future?

Maybe, but if they are, i am going out fighting.

new topics

join