It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon/McCain '08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

www.factcheck.org...

Obama says he doesn't take money from oil companies. We say that's a little too slick.
Summary
In a new ad, Obama says, "I don’t take money from oil companies."

Technically, that's true, since a law that has been on the books for more than a century prohibits corporations from giving money directly to any federal candidate. But that doesn’t distinguish Obama from his rivals in the race.

We find the statement misleading:

* Obama has accepted more than $213,000 from individuals who work for companies in the oil and gas industry and their spouses.

* Two of Obama's bundlers are top executives at oil companies and are listed on his Web site as raising between $50,000 and $100,000 for the presidential hopeful.

Now what do you have to say?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Now what do you have to say?

I won't speak for BH personally - but i have plenty to say:

1.) $213,000 to Obama huh?
So one thing your funny little article doesnt point out is in which time frame was it donated? $213,000 over 2 years? 3 years? 5 years? How long? 6 months?

2.) $213,000 ???? Thats a lota monero to someone like me and i presume you. But to a politician.....$213,000?
Are they buying him LUNCH?

3.) $213,000???? Lets compare it to the O.P.:

McCain Has Raised More Than $2.1 Million From The Oil And Gas Industry, Including More Than $1.1 Million In The Month Of June. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, John McCain received $1,039,768 in contributions from the oil and gas industry between January 2007 and May 2008

Now we have some guidelines. And.......here i thought the gas companies were hurting for money? I thought they NEEDED those government subsidies because they DEPENDED on them? Yet....they can afford to give $1.1 million dollars to ONE politician in the month of June? They can give an additional $1,039,768 in the 17 months before the 1.1 million in June?

Gee. I wonder who's backing John McCain?

4.) This article is about John McCain. Bringing Obama into it does nothing but derail. If you want to talk about Obama's donations- do us all a favor and start your own thread
Obama has nothing to do w/ this discussion...but since you refuse to acknowledge that - i guess we have no option but to play by your rules. In either event, you've been proven silly

213,000 compared to 2.1 million.

Do you need a calculator?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"Big oil" in McCain's pocket is a scary issue but something scarier is his inability to see ahead as to why offshore drilling is a bad decision for the long term. I can see another Exxon spill in our future if McCain becomes Pres.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Um...

OBAMA'S PLAN=800,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING TODAY
MCBUSH'S PLAN=200,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING 20 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN OIL WON'T BE MAIN ENERGY SOURCE.

Also, THE REPUBLICANS BLOCKED DRILLING IN ALASKA AND OFF SHORE! Proof in siggy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join