It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Pictures of Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have found something that I believe you will all enjoy very much.

Link

Make sure to watch the entire clip. It gets especially good after the initial photos of the continents.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

Beautifully presented! Thank you for posting that link.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ah, thank you very much. I really enjoyed the presentation style of the whole series of pictures. The music gives it a nice touch too.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That was truely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thank you- absolutely beautiful!

And to think of the evil which surrounds this otherwise beautiful garden of Eden....

Luckily, there's some good too still.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It kind of puts things into perspective when you think about it. Some of the most prevalent problems going on can be so easily fixed or mended with little effort (if people actually tried).

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that -it was awesome!

A star and flag for you.

If we could get our act together down here, there would be such unbelievable possibilities for the human race. We live on a magnificent planet, this could be paradise if we'd let it be.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

ahhh eve nin this awsome beautiful pics thread you had to insert the word "EVIL"

\grrrrrrrrr I already see this thread taking a dive come on people stay optimitic pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee

[edit on 07/07/08 by bugs_n_recovery]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Denver man is running late now but it was worth it!

EXCELLENT find!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Truly Wonderous

Thanks so much for posting brightened a gloomy rainy day in Wales for me
Dont know to flag though its probably very easy but if i knew i would

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Very nice. Thanks

If you check out the website, there is a ton more very good presentations

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great pictures!

Is it just me or do they look painted!?? I mean the pictures with the astronauts the earth looks more real, but the others look like a painting?

Maybe bad quality pictures?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's funny the night pictures of the lights look really similar to stars and galaxies. It's as if life and energy has a pattern.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nice!

The music was haunting and worked very well the presentation.

The pictures from Endevour are so crisp and clean they almost seem to not be real.

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Amazing and beaurtiful...

Our world is way too taken for granted.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great images!

I think that they were all take from NASA's Visible Earth site.

Another great site for this type of photos is The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth, it has thousands of photos taken by astronauts.

PS: The images are great but there are some mistakes in the descriptions.

Azores and Madeira (not Madera, it's not a Spanish island) are not close to each other, they are two different archipelagos and they are very far apart, what the arrow points to is just the Azores, Madeira is almost half distance between the Azores and the Canary islands. And it's not "Islas".

It's not "Rió de Janeiro", it's "Rio de Janeiro"; it's not "Veló Horizonte", it's "Belo Horizonte"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Great pictures, just kind makes you realize how small we really are. The earth is really beautiful, just imagine what else could be out there...

[edit on 7-8-2008 by asmall89]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Great images!

I think that they were all take from NASA's Visible Earth site.

Another great site for this type of photos is The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth, it has thousands of photos taken by astronauts.

PS: The images are great but there are some mistakes in the descriptions.

Azores and Madeira (not Madera, it's not a Spanish island) are not close to each other, they are two different archipelagos and they are very far apart, what the arrow points to is just the Azores, Madeira is almost half distance between the Azores and the Canary islands. And it's not "Islas".

It's not "Rió de Janeiro", it's "Rio de Janeiro"; it's not "Veló Horizonte", it's "Belo Horizonte"

Cape Verde Islands vs. Cabo Verde Islands. I don't really like heights, well flying anyway, so the last half gave me the heebiejeebies but in a good way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

In Portuguese (their official language) the name is Cabo Verde, but if the idea was to use the original names then it should have been España instead of Spain, for example.

But it was a good idea, I love images like that, from any planet.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It must be a great privilege to work up there and look down at that! Great video! Thanks...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join