It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with Press Credentials Heckles Obama (Creepy!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"politics" is a competition.

Its a "mine is bigger than yours" type of competition.

As with ALL competitions you get people who still havent left "the glory days" and try to relive high school football every chance they get, because they got cut from the team. (tackling during flag football? We all know that guy)

NOW

With that guy in mind, insert political morons like this guy heckling obama.

He roots for his own team in the same way. The same immature zeal that knows no boundaries.

He does his own team harm, than good, and is too stupid to realize it.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There are many things about America that I think are great. The world would be much poorer if it lost what America has given it.

Having said that, I don't like the wrought up "patriotism" and religiosity that is a fixture of American life.

In Nazi Germany there was a lot of peer pressure to have a copy of Mein Kampf in the home and people pressured into saying Heil Hitler as a social greeting, etc. "John Q. Public" would have fit right into that environment. People who have to make excessive public displays of their "patriotism" are annoying phonies as far as I'm concerned.

Canadians have always been very low key about patriotism in the past but even we are starting to catch the "flag waving disease."

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
reply to post by AndrewTB

I don't either with the perspective that you appear to have.

All ofthe Obama supporters I know have a political agenda. Obama represents this agenda very well for us.

An earlier poster said that Obama handled it with class, yet you thought it was done snidely.

I'm not really sure why you supported him before either; unless it was just the thing to do. Some might call that a flip flop, but I would say you just changed your mind.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Quazga]

Well Ive always been the typical Bush hater. Didn't like republicans in general. Then I met my sociology professor who literally stressed to us on a daily basis not to make judgments without doing research. Supposedly it was a thing about bias. He was my favorite professor and believe it or not was a hippie through and through, but he has changed the way I view the political arena.

I've done work with the Kerry campaign before I was even able to vote, and was involved in local democratic politics. I think when one truly believes in their party they are willing to vote for whomever supports it.

I am in the process of changing my party affiliation, mainly for the fact that the democratic party is always fighting amongst itself. There are other reasons behind that too, but needless to say the democrats are nowhere near the great party they used to be. The same goes for the republican party.

Sorry for hijacking the thread on that little tidbit of info.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

quazga,

I honestly don't know what to think anymore with so many shenanigans going on. I think I'll just go back to posting in the Survival forum where it's much quieter and slower paced.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Hey Andrew, thanks for the thoughtful response.

I'm kinda the other way around. Never really got into politics other than being appalled at the current admin.

I've got different views from most Americans so I don't fit nicely into a party at all.

I'd be voting Obama this year regardless of the party he ran for. I said that in 2004 the day I saw his speech at the convention. I thought Kerry was the most lame candidate I had ever seen and was amazed that he got the nomination. I remember saying during Obamas speech... "THIS is the guy who should be running for president. I don't care who he runs for"

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I think you are right.
If the guy wore press credentials, they know exactly who he is.

My Husband has been professional photographer for one of the leading Universities in the US, for more than 5 years.
A couple of months ago, he had to take official photos when Laura Bush made an appearance and speech, on campus.

Before he was allowed to take pictures,my Husband had to undergo a complete FBI background check, and an interview before he was given press credentials.
It took about ten days for him to be approved.

Once clearance was given, it was explicity described to him what, when, and how he was allowed to take any photos.
They said there would be zero tolerance of any deviation.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The guy was a dope, but I thought the way Obama responded was very wise.

He could have gotten in an argument with the man, or even worse had him ejected as a nuisance, instead he asked the man to lead the Pledge and then thanked him for it.

Very diplomatic and very smart.

Another reason why I have no qualms about voting for the man, even though I have a few fairly serious policy differences with him.

His approach to politics itself is more civilized than what we've become used to, and I think it explains much of both his popularity and the unusual hatred and fear he engenders in some people.

To people whose world is built mostly on fear, an approach that emphasizes something else seems naive and probably a bit frightening as well.

[edit on 8/5/08 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

His approach to politics itself is more civilized than what we've become used to, and I think it explains much of both his popularity and the unusual hatred and fear he engenders in some people.

To people whose world is built mostly on fear, an approach that emphasizes something else seems naive and probably a bit frightening as well.

[edit on 8/5/08 by xmotex]

Very insightful points xmotex. I think you are correct, that a person who is as highly charged as he is, will generate either very positive or very negative resonance in others. This I think most can agree on.

I would go so far as you, in saying that I also believe this to be based on their respective orientation towards feelings of insecurity and fear.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'm inclined Maria to believe it was staged by the Obama campaign myself, in an attempt to make Obama look more patriotic by allowing this shill to lead the pledge. It also serves the purpose of being a counterpunch to show Obama is much more tolerant than John McCain since his security people didn't throw the agitator out..

If this was anything but a staged event, the security detail and the reporters would have been all over this guy like flypaper.

Probably a follow up to the fake birth certificate. Let's see how these things work.

1. the Set-up
2. the Hook
3. the Tale
4. the Sting

The Sting

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
They used to do this to Martin Luther King and Malcolm X during his open speeches to the public. They would hire fake people to harass Obama as to get people used to hecklers, and then when everyone is least expecting they would assassinate the leader(s).

This is most likely FBI hired goons to rally up hate toward Obama. What did Obama recently mention that got the FBI on him? I think it was the banning of weapons.

Obama should beef up his security. This is not something to laugh at.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slicely

If you think that is creepy why dont you think its creepy when John McCain gets heckled, or President Bush get screamed at , or Sec. Rice gets faux blood thrown at her. The only thin fishy here is you only cry wolf with Obama. I hope he is a big enough boy to handle it!! He already believes he is commander in chief.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by slicely

If you think that is creepy why dont you think its creepy when John McCain gets heckled, or President Bush get screamed at , or Sec. Rice gets faux blood thrown at her. The only thin fishy here is you only cry wolf with Obama. I hope he is a big enough boy to handle it!! He already believes he is commander in chief.

I don't think it's creepy when someone heckles George Bush or John McCain because usually those people aren't:

1. Trying to hide their identity

2. Going to the trouble of getting press credentials to do their heckling/make interruptions

3. Rather than heckle even, this Gentlemen chose to interrupt Obama's forum by demanding that the Pledge of Allegiance be recited.

4. The person in question used their press credentials to take photos during the entire event. What's the point? Who is he taking photos for?

I started this topic because I found it to be a little weird that someone would go to this much trouble to make a little scene.

Had this BEEN McCain or Bush, he would have been removed.

Obama hasn't started wars with no precedent, nor has he lied to the American public for 8 years straight, nor does he have the blood of thousands of innocent Iraqis on his hands. I'm not here to argue that anyway. But if you'd like to elsewhere, I'd be more than happy to have a civilized, 2-way debate, with some stasis, if that's what you're looking for.

I don't have a problem with people heckling Obama, and I don't have a problem with people that don't like him.

I DO think that something like this is a little odd, and would also have thought that if it would have happened during a McCain speech.

Oh, and please explain how this is "crying wolf"? Good grief. This IS a conspiracy website right?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by slicely]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just read another news link to this story and it says obama handled it well. Here is a quote from the story.

"The crowd began to chant, drowning the man out, but Obama -- perhaps sensing a moment of peril -- quickly shushed them, and led the crowd in the Pledge.

"We usually do an invocation and a pledge before we start," he said. "I don't know why we didn't, but this young man reminded us."

Here is the link.www.huffingtonpost.com...

So it is apparent he not only sang it, but also knew the words. I myself am not an obama supporter. But i also do not have bad things to say about the man. Just because people support one candidate, Does not mean they have to hate and belittle the opposing one.

In the words of Rodney king, "cant we all just get along"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How can Obama be any worse than George the Monkey Bush? I think he will be a great president. In the end it doesn't matter - the president is just a puppet to corporations that can make or break him.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe McCain wanted to say that Obama 'kicked someone out' but naturally such a obvious bait was not taken. Nice try, McCain camp. Do you have any idiotic new plans?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

I don't think it was "creepy" at all, the guy was rude, but not creepy. What is it that makes you perceive it as being creepy ?

The guy had press credentials which says to me that they knew full well who he was.

The fact that they allowed him to stay after creating a scene leads me to believe that it was all staged.

And if he was allowed to stay because it was in fact staged, then that would also suggest that it was in fact staged by Obama's campaign. I believe it is Obama's campaign people that issue the press credentials, so yes they knew exactly who he was.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i don't find this in the least bit alarming.

in fact, i think it's high time somebody called obama out on his pro-islam, anti-american leanings. if the man had legitimate press credentials, what is the problem? if he had fake credentials...well...i'd say obama has a little bit of a security issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Very diplomatic and very smart.

Another reason why I have no qualms about voting for the man, even though I have a few fairly serious policy differences with him.

What an excellent post! (not surprisingly)

Here is Obama's diplomatic, smart and civilized response...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
The fact that they allowed him to stay after creating a scene leads me to believe that it was all staged.

And if he was allowed to stay because it was in fact staged, then that would also suggest that it was in fact staged by Obama's campaign. I believe it is Obama's campaign people that issue the press credentials, so yes they knew exactly who he was.

Lots of "ifs" and assumptions there...

The guy was John Quinn, a freelance photographer on assignment for Bloomberg News. Not a plant by the Obama campaign.

Mr. Quinn subsequently refused to give his name to other journalists in the press pen. A video of the incident shows Mr. Quinn shoving his hand into camera lenses, shouting at other reporters, and responding to requests for his name and press affiliation by saying, “I was speaking as John Q. Public.”

“Nobody wants to honor the flag,” Mr. Quinn says in the video. “I had to speak up.”

Malcolm Wiley, a spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service, said today that the agency took no action because “this guy was a credentialed member of the press. He has every right to his freedom of speech.” If Mr. Quinn had threatened or advanced toward Mr. Obama, the situation would have been handled differently, Mr. Wiley said.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join