It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Hopes As Vitamin C Injections Kill Mice Tumours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Cancer Hopes As Vitamin C Injections Kill Mice Tumours

www.theherald.co.uk

The body usually keeps tight control of vitamin C levels in the blood.

However, a new US-based investigation, led by Dr Qi Chen from the National Institutes of Health in Maryland, Ohio, found that the mechanism can be by-passed if the vitamin is injected straight into the bloodstream instead of passing through the digestive system.

When this is done it releases the powerful anti-cancer potential of the vitamin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is pretty exciting news IMO.

A potential future treatment and cure for various forms of cancer? Injectible Vitamin C.

Even though it has been dismissed, I have long felt that taking in supplemental anti-oxidants such as C, E, and Beta-carotine have had an impact on my overall health and immune system. I rarely ever get sick when I do so, and I notice that if I stop them for a couple of months, I do seem more succeptable to colds and illnesses...Coincidence? Who knows? But I feel they help.

This finding is pretty remarkable though, if the answer all along was just switching the DELIVERY system of the anti-O to achieve the desired impact. What is really cool is that appears to SELECTIVELY target the unhealthy cells and tissue!

Experiments showed that high levels of vitamin C in the blood generate hydrogen peroxide, which is lethal to tumours. The chemical forms in the spaces between cancer cells, damaging membranes, upsetting metabolism and scrambling DNA.

Even the growth of aggressive, hard-to-treat cancers was held back in the studies. But healthy tissues appeared to resist the effects.

www.theherald.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, it'd be wonderful if it works! Fingers crossed and all that.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
One can only hope that the Codex Alimentarius committee doesn't unilaterally declare vitamin C to be a 'toxin'. After all they can use the WTO to apply pressure to any country that openly disregards their 'rulings.' Thus the FDA would lock down the vitamin industry (except for 'synthetic' vitamins produced by Dow chemical and the rest of the global masters).

I have been hearing about the anti-cancer benefits of many naturally occurring substances through non-MSM channels. Whenever the MSM gets it they report it as either a quaint folk-tale, or an outlandish unsubstantiated claim. In the end, people are still getting pumped full of petro-chemical byproducts that Big Pharma calls 'medicine.'

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Found a seperate article on it in the Scotsman:

For the latest study, researchers from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, examined the effects of vitamin C on cells grown in laboratories. Two hours of exposure to the vitamin significantly cut the survival of ovarian, pancreatic and brain tumour (glioblastoma) cancer cells.

Full Article:

news.scotsman.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Linus Pauling preached an ascorbate, mineral and amino acid combination therapy until he died.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

better late than never i guess, even though i wouldn't hold my breath they will recognize it as effective in human medicine anytime soon. cough*codex*cough

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My mom has been telling me for years that vitamin-c cures cancer, and helps prevent it. At least back then the evidence was only from one guy who cured himself from cancer by taking heavy overdoses of vitamin c til he was better.

Even though this was repeated with success among different people, some independent scientists, nobody would go to the media and say this was the gospel, just because some large medical institution couldn't be bothered to run tests and verify it. Well til now I guess. I wonder why it took em so long, all you need is vitamin-c and some lab rats with cancer.

top topics

join