It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, A History Of Racial Overtones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Just looking to see what opinions you have of this video. I think this, backed with recent statements made by Obama, show he is a very racially charged person seeking to backpedal the mission of Martin Luther King.

It doesn't amaze me he was a member of Rev. Wrights church for such a long time and only left due to political reasons.

All my research has proven that he and his wife both have a history of it. Anyone curious to read his wife's college dissertation (fully of racial overtones) let me know and ill give you a public copy.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]

[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Video isn't working. I agree that he and his wife seem to have a lot of racial motivation though.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Video isn't working. I agree that he and his wife seem to have a lot of racial motivation though.

Video should work now! Accidently included a whole extra line of characters.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's why I like the good old saying, show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. Obama friends will be back if he wins the election. You heard it here first. His former Pastor will swear him in. Write that prediction down.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Jam, I wouldn't doubt it in the least.

Things like these are part of the reason why, even though I typically vote Democrat, I cannot bring myself to support Obama. I would rather dig my heart out with a spoon than support a man who not only has racist and radical associates, but also makes racist comments. It is difficult enough in this world to raise kids without letting the racist comments other people thoughtlessly make take hold in their minds without putting a racist in the white house.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Come on now. You know half of these comments are taken out of context just like Andrew E. Wiggin's anti-McCain thread.

For example, the video has this from Obama's Dreams of My Father:
"The hate hadn't gone away; it formed a counternarrative buried deep within each person and at the center of which stood white people--some cruel, some ignorant..."

What is this really talking about? Who's the speaker at this point? It's no secret that whites and blacks didn't get along very well in the mid-1900s. Is that time-frame part of the context? We have no idea.

And although I don't agree with ANY type of reparations (for slavery, racism, segregation, or whatever), there's no doubt that whites didn't much like blacks and did cause them a lot of trouble.

Context is everything, even if the subject is extreme and the views radical.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by alkali]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
reply to post by AndrewTB

Come on now. You know half of these comments are taken out of context just like Andrew E. Wiggin's anti-McCain thread.

For example, the video has this from Obama's Dreams of My Father:
"The hate hadn't gone away; it formed a counternarrative buried deep within each person and at the center of which stood white people--some cruel, some ignorant..."

What is this really talking about? Who's the speaker at this point? It's no secret that whites and blacks didn't get along very well in the mid-1900s. Is that time-frame part of the context? We have no idea.

And although I don't agree with ANY type of reparations (for slavery, racism, segregation, or whatever), there's no doubt that whites didn't much like blacks and did cause them a lot of trouble.

Context is everything, even if the subject is extreme and the views radical.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by alkali]

I'll agree with you on the part of context. Some instances in the video on the other hand are not out of context. I used the video purely as a means to spark debate on the subject and to help counteract the Obama vids.

The race issue is still being treated as a one way ticket. We really need to realize its more than that, although from your post history I can tell you are.

Excluding the video, look at the bigger picture and see who Obama surrounds himself with. It only reaffirms the shady past. Again, some could argue McCain surrounds himself with the leaders that led to the fall of the USA but thats another story.

I'm just looking for a good healthy debate on the subject, by no means am I out on a propaganda campaign like others. I approach all with an open mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can't argue with who Obama surrounds himself with. He doesn't do himself much good by associating with people such as Wright, Ayers, Farrakahn, ect.

I personally believe that guilt by association is a valid criticism. If you hang out with the wrong people, you become associated with them. This is why millions of parents tell their kids to choose their friends wisely. If you're an upstanding individual who believes in God and shuns racism, there is absolutely no reason to be associated with the Black Liberation Church. Likewise, there is no reason at all to ever associate yourself, under any circumstances, with an admitted terrorist.

Back to the racist overtones. I personally do not believe Obama is a racist. At least no overtly. But I do believe he is playing the race card in order to get elected as President and I also believe he's embarrassing himself every time he does it.

top topics

join