It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liars.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Over the last few months, we have had several "new users" appear on here, claim to have seen something amazing. they rant and rave about this and that.
a lot of people on here "want to believe" and often grab any bit of hope that comes at them.

i think we have a group of people, all in on it, and are registering new names/accounts with this BS.

in this day and age, we ALL have mobile phones with decent cameras.

it really is getting to the rediculous stages.

what can we do ?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I guess it's really up to the mods to investigate any organized ill intent. Unfortunately, we are all victims.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

what can we do ?

Don't worry... summer is almost over.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking

what can we do ?

Don't worry... summer is almost over.

Well once summer is over, I'll be in my Junior year of high school, but that won't stop me from posting on ATS--but I know I won't be here nearly as much once school does get started.

And just because there has been amazing claims that haven't been verified and seem fishy, it doesn't mean kids or teenagers are doing it; adults are also perfectly able to hoax and lie.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

i think we have a group of people, all in on it, and are registering new names/accounts with this BS.

I brought this up in several of the most recent, ignorant and ridiculous threads that have been posted here. I have heard through the grapevine there is a decent amount of semi-organized disgruntled ex-ats members with an axe to grind, and they are getting their kicks by posting such obvious bunk in an effort to make the board look stupid.

I will further say that we really don't need anyone's help to look stupid if that is their intent. Many do it on this forum everyday and mean every word of it, lol.

It is also a shame that Ufology is represented not by the calm, cool and logical minds...but by the loud and ignorant folks who do nothing but perpetuate a stereotype that this subject has earned. And until we can better police our own, then we have to get used to being represented by foolish morons that do nothing but ensure when there is a real news story concerning UFO's the newscaster will end the segment with a demeaning joke about us. Sucks, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ha! probably those guys from RealityUncovered. They really have a chip on their shoulder. Seriously, they love a good bitch about ATS, they have a forum dedicated to it, and some elaborate theories to boot.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

And just because there has been amazing claims that haven't been verified and seem fishy, it doesn't mean kids or teenagers are doing it; adults are also perfectly able to hoax and lie.

Ok... I understand your point and I agree ,but you have to admit that when school is out the kids get bored and quite a few choose ats to entertain themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Shauny, I agree. It's over the top.

However, my Nokia 3310 doesn't have a camera, and I've got no intention of upgrading to a cellphone that does have a camera. Also, my digital camera seems to drain batteries when I store batteries in it, and lastly, I often don't have spare mini-DVDs to use in my Handycam (isn't my life tragic??). Which makes me wonder...if I had any kind of encounter, would I mention it here?

Secretly, I also wonder if perhaps Spring should consider restricting access to this site.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I know by my post count that I look like a "noob" but I lurked here for WAY longer than I've been posting.

I'm not exactly one of the most active members even though I check this site everyday. I have really enjoyed these forums..... until recently.

Now it seems if someone sees something they are automatically a hoaxter or a troll.

While I do think that 50% of the reports here are either flat out attention seekers or people out to just stir the pot for thier own amusement, it makes me feel sorry for the innocent person who sees something unexplainable and signs up to tell people about it asking for help or for someone to let them know they are not crazy.

It really makes me sad to see people jumped on and automatically labeled in a derogatory way just for sharing an experience.

I'm not saying to beleive everything that is posted but maybe it would be best for those who are annoyed by the recent supposed "hoax postings" to merely IGNORE the stuff they feel is bogus?

If you don't feed the trolls, they will leave!!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Yeah, if you don't feed 'em maybe they'll bugger off, but in the quest for becoming fairly certain that someone is trolling a certain amount of dialogue might be necessary. At least that's how it seems to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No matter where you go, sites like this will have their hoaxes, but I believe that there are some genuine posts that will be labeled as a hoax before the poster is given a chance. I also believe that many will hesitate to post about their experience for fear of being labeled a nut case or something. It's a shame really.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My phone has a camera but I know darn well that if I tried to take a pic in the dark of a light in the sky all that you would see would be a pixelated blob. That wouldn't be much help if I ever saw something.

I do have a digital camera but its a 99 dollar dxg from walmart that is even WORSE than my cam on my cell.....

I'm not cool enough to have high tech stuff LOL So even if I even did see something I would most likely not share the experience on here cause as we have seen... without "proof" you're obviously crazy or a trouble maker....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Ok... I understand your point and I agree ,but you have to admit that when school is out the kids get bored and quite a few choose ats to entertain themselves.

I'll admit it, kids do get bored in the summer and look for things to do and it's sometimes "screwing" with people. I just thought you had a stereotypical view of teens, but I see you don't now.

Makes me happy!

new topics

top topics

join