It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats up with this economic collapse??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For a while now I have been waiting for more signs of the imminent economic collapse that would take place in late 2008/ early 2009. Ive been watching the news everyday but all i see is oil dropping and the stocks going back up.

Is there something I don't know? Is there some other element to the equation that I am not adding up? Does it have to do more with foreclosures? Or is it just that there will be no collapse afterall?

Ive been really pondering this lately so maybe you ATSers can give me some answers.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Economic collapse is a process...Not an event.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't think there is an economic collapse.
Just a re-allocation, or transferance of money on a very large scale.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't think there is an economic collapse. Just a re-allocation, or transferance of money on a very large scale.

What does that mean? I am not too keen on economic information.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wont be a collapse...just a monoply of certain sneaky companies/bankers grabbing all the shares they can...tough time though...but no collpase..

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
relocation of wealth appears to be going into the hands of some OPEC natons, SE asia, as well as relocation of wealth does not mean that the people it is going to are becoming richer.....in fact ........sometimes a situation is troubling enough that the wealth of the lower and middle classes is funneled to the upper class (however the upper class may still lose money, just not as much) i.e overall next destruction of wealth per asset prices falling

collapse is a word that seems a bit to much like an event, the economy is in a downward "journey". Should the upper 20 % stop spending the lower 80% will have less job security (because the upper's spending helps keep alot of people employed) there are sign the uppers are slowing down and how much they slow down will be a key

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I concur and I read stock charts.
we cratered into support at 11,000... if 10987.86 is seen again - well all bets are off... so that is your early warning stock price for the Dow.
We are in Rally mode... believe it or not... this is where the rich load up one shares as they cash in their short positions.. XLF - is a basket of bank stocks for instance... and there is on thing you got to know about stock market rallies... the banks must provide the cash to do it... so banks rally -- market rallies... ok... simple... now are interest rates going up or down... well draw some trend lines on the UTILITY INDEX up is down and down is up.
buy a stock... sort all stocks that trade 1 million a day.... then search 52 week lows.... look on the 1 - 3 - 5 year charts for the lowest points through time. is there a Winged V bottom or a W bottom.... they usually trade in a range meaning once every 3 yrs this stock cycles from cheap to expensive. you want to buy when its cheap. so find the W at the lowest point in the chart and buy... then look at the tops and do the same thing... where does the rally fail at... you should get in late - 10% after the move and get out early 10% from the top. this method ensures you buyers at those price points.
oh, you will see what looks like WALL STREETS middle finger at the top... now shoot a bird at wall street and rape and pillage ... just remember,
bulls make money bears make money and pigs get slaughtered... so leave the risk first 10% for the other guys... and leave 10% on the tail for the next guy... not bad for someone who doesn't do this professionally, nor did I charge for telling how to do it... enjoy... thanks for reading ATS

[edit on 4-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's very simple, really. Either this is a cycle or this is market manipulation on an epic scale by forces unseen. The other thing is that this entire summer, particularly May and June, the news was chock full of economic doom and gloom. Then, all of a sudden, July hits and it's as quiet as a graveyard.

Something's rotten.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
See what people cant seem to understand is, how can you have 2 "great" depressions?
It was called the "great" depression for a reason meaning it is the worst that ever happened.
Would they call it the "even greater" depression?
Come on...
To have worse than that event you would need an extinction level event on all of humanity.
Because the collapse of the US economy these days, would spell collapse of the whole WORLDS economy.
I mean in the great depression the dow stopped trading at just above the level it first opened at.
How can you get any worse than that?The opening starting level then it stops???
If it dropped another 2-3-4000 points sure there would be some economic recession and chaos but its never going back to 40.94.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dont ever say never, I said that about 11 $ a barrel of oil. I saw that price...
and that was a never, you see it costs 5$ just to get it out of the ground except for Alaska and hear it cost only 3 to get a barrel to market.
well, the trial run was Argentina, American Banks caused that crisis...
I believe, I could be wrong - propaganda and time you know...

Argentina might have been a dry run for crashing us.. I dont know, I remember they were allowing like 20$ a day or something like that.
to be withdrawn... everyone bills came due and food ... etc etc... but they survived.. I really cant recall the whole thing... they knocked on the banks with little bitty hammers on the outside of walls of the banks... I think I might do a thread on it, I need to refresh my knowledge.. of it... maybe more later.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
born patriot good/interesting stategy

funny how they put some rules against shorting the pig bankers

option ARM's and Prime mortgage defaults are increasing and will continue to erode away at bank capital, more investment banks will fail/be bought out and stocks should continue downward, with some spikes

banking has always been corrupt but they are getting really creative lately

top topics

join