It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 Armed Troops Patrolling Italian Cities Over the Next Week...Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Italian troops have begun patrolling cities as part of a government campaign to combat crime and boost security.

Some 3,000 soldiers will be deployed over the next week in major cities including Milan, Rome and Naples.

They are patrolling alongside police officers and guarding high-profile tourist sites and embassies, as well as immigrant holding centres

BBC News Article Here

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere...

So Italy is sending in 3000 armed troops to patrol major Italian cities, including immigrant holding centers and embassies...isn't it funny that we have been talking about military policing public areas for a while now, and look what is starting to happen in Italy.

I wish I had a source, but I also remember seeing on a Chicago news affiliate that they wanted to call in the National Guard to help patrol that city...the military is starting to slowly but surely move in folks, right under our noses...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, I've just noticed over on the Breaking News forum that it appears Italy has also declared a State of Emergency over the "influx of immigrants"...is something going to be happening in the next few days or weeks over in the EU that Italy is preparing for? This sounds like what we've been fearing would be happening in the US or something...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by matth]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No legitimate reason for it that I can tell. Crime? Give me a break. It's just taking the war on terror down the next step. It was laughable enough as it was. You can't fight a war on "terror", now it's petty street crime?

''This is not a militarisation of cities but a clear response to the perceived demand for greater security,"

I love their choice of words as well, "perceived demand". Doesn't that say it all?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah I love their choice of words too...but hey, it's a "democracy", and apparently the public allegedly wants a militarization of their cities and streets because of a possible threat to an unspecified target...I think?

Wow, and to think I always thought the boogeyman lived in my closet as a kid, but instead he seems to live in various national parliament's "national security" councils.

I seriously, seriously think something messed up is about to happen...I can't see them actually putting something like this into effect unless they knew of/were planning something to happen soon...don't you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by matth

An excerpt from the link from BBC above:

Defence Minister Ignazio La Russa said that after six months the government would "make an evaluation to see whether it has worked and should be extended to other cities". ''This is not a militarisation of cities but a clear response to the perceived demand for greater security," he said last week.

WHAAAAT!!!?

Sounds a little bit more than fishy.

Thanks for the post and link. F+S

top topics

join