It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

namaste ats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
salutations

i am going to go with the usual "long time lurker, first time poster". i have lurked around for around two years on/off at various topics. i finally decided to make an account to interact with all you wonderful people.

i am feeling a little overwhelmed right now

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Slàinte

Welcome aboard! Why are you feeling overwhelmed? Too many conspiracies and not enough time? Don't forget to let loose over at Below Top Secret as well.

Look forward to seeing you around, if you have any questions feel free to u2u me (after 20 posts of course).

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Welcome. Namaste and Blessed Be.
I'm fairly new here myself. I have found that the Freshmen Forum has helpful links.
If you get too overwhelmed, try drinking. You will boldly go where you probably wanted to be in the first place...but don't forget to take notes or you'll never find your way back!

It has been my experience that earning ATS points is a matter of:

A. Do the Twitter thing

B. Post threads when you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Good Luck and Post well my friend.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
thank you for the warm welcome

i have not got on the twitter bus yet & drinking is always an good idea

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
oops

double post
i guess it is bound to happen anyway

[edit on 3-8-2008 by fishneedh2o]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
fishneedh2o, welcome to ATS, this indeed is a great place, and we are glad you are here, if you have any questions or concerns there are a few people that you can talk to. I hope you can consider this post as your one stop shop for answers to most of the more frequently asked questions on this board.

The forum moderators are quite friendly people, they are here to make sure you enjoy your time on this site. If you have any questions make sure to shoot off a U2U to any one of them for an answer. Also members like myself your ATS Concierge, or enjoies05 are also very helpful and will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to shoot me a U2U whenever you need a helping hand. I am always glad to help

Many of your questions can be answered by visiting this thread; Index of Important Website Related Threads *Read First* This thread is invaluable for all the frequently asked questions about this site and what you can do here.

the ATS Handbook can answer a lot of your questions about the site as well, it's quite informative and helpful if you have questions regarding your Avatar, Signature, or purchasing perks in the ATS Store.

Points are a valuable commodity around ATS and some members want to know how to gain points quickly. There are several ways to do this. One is to podcast, Podcasting if you don't already know is kind of like making your own little radio show about some subject that you’re interested in. Also contributing to TinWiki is a great way to make some points in a big hurry. Also by joining up with Twitter, you can get a lot of points right of the bat.

In BTS (our sister board) one can also find fun games and contests that are happening now, and also get you those points. By signing up with ATS you are automatically signed up for BTS as well, all you need to do is log in and join in the fun with the rest of us.

One should also familiarize themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use for proper ATS etiquette and site rules, this helps everyone avoid problems.

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time around the site, if you have any questions and have met the requirements to do so, please feel free to U2U me anytime about any questions you might have. I would love to be able to help you whenever you need it.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hi fishneedh2o and welcome to ATS. Don't forget to go outside and breath one and awhile. Enjoy yourself and as Kellter suggested, stop by BTS, it's a great place to get to know the other members.

Rush

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome and shakamahalabra,

you don't have to read everything. you don't have to respond to everything. Be open minded and remember the ignore feature and you will avoid some stress.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hey fishneedh2o

Welcome to ATS

top topics

join