It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defence admits to nuclear exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Defence admits to nuclear exposure

www.news.com.au

BRITISH Defence chiefs have admitted servicemen were exposed to dangerous radiation levels during nuclear tests in Australia and the South Pacific in the 1950s.

The dramatic admission, made after years of denials, features in papers filed with the High Court in London by Ministry of Defence lawyers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
How much money is a life worth in compensation?

This article proves, yet again, that governments WILL put their own citizens in danger. They will perform tests on them and view them as being expendable in every way.

I get so tired of people who type that their government will never do anything to hurt them. Wake up and pull your head out of the sand.

How many top brass generals had their sons flying over the mushroom clouds to monitor radiation readings?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I remember this on the news here.

Not only that... but also recently it was revealed during the 1960's or 50's the US wanted to test chemical agents on Australian soldiers in Queensland who would take part in a mock battle, to test how effectively they could fight while coping with a chemical attack.

Everyone loves to treat us Aussies like pawns....

Also this is nothing new. The British tested dozens of Nuclear weapons in Woomera Prohibited area during the 1950's, sometimes with personnel standing less than a mile downwind.

I think a bunch of ill Vets recently tried to sue the British government over it.

[edit on 3/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

join