It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in NZ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
I'm a little suspicious. Why oh why is the pic of the supposed craft in black and white, and at a low res? This is ridiculous. We are in the age of 10 megapixel full colour cameras.

I understand how you feel. My belief is that the media is in a process of doing a backflip on the subject of UFOs, and is slowly trying to convince people they're real. They can't do this too fast, because if the 6 o'clock news suddenly showed brilliant, clear and up-close footage of a real UFO, it would send too many people over the edge.
It is important to understand that we have previously been brainwashed to believe UFO's aren't real. That is why some people still say, "ha ha" and laugh at the idea. You either believe they're real, or you don't. The idea of UFOs isn't comical, is it? But we've been conditioned to believe it is.
That is why the media is releasing "crappy" footage at the moment. But don't worry, Larry King will slowly start showing some better stuff soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Oh true.. so it's the Media who have released the poor quality pic, not the witness - now that makes sense! I understand your rationale too. The funny thing is, I've always thought these things are 'out there', for as long as I can remember. Which means the brainwashing didn't quite work for everybody!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
MYSTERY SOLVED, GUYS.

That grainy low-res black and white photo was grainy for a reason - it wasn't a ufo after all!

In today's edition of the Otago Daily Times, there is an article about it on Page 11, headlined: Sightings of strange goings-on in Glenorchy. Turns out that it's made of giant Lego-like bricks and destined for a tv commercial. There's a huge colour photo of the structure and I have scanned the newspaper so you can see it:

img361.imageshack.us...

Here is the photo provided by the iReport website for comparison:
img361.imageshack.us...

...and here is a clipping from the first page of today's Otago Daily Times, previewing the article inside:
img361.imageshack.us...

But sorry, nothing otherworldly to see here. Just another stunt / film shoot for a commercial.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by RiotComing]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join