It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Maths

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Next time a bomb "goes astray" and "accidentally" kills some children, and a spokesman says it was a unforeseeable accident remember;

A = Accuracy of weapon
I = Accuracy of target selection / intelligence
P = Proximity of civilian population to target
D = Density of civilian population
K = Kill radius of weapon
N = Number of weapons used

To calculate number of civilian deaths (X) from an attack.

X= D x K x N / A + I + P

The figure X can then be used to help with policy decisions. For example used in conjunction with the CNN constant (The acceptable ratio of civilian deaths versus US military deaths (U) ) the tactics and choice of weapon can be defined where X

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You're full of BS.

The US military takes extreme measures compared to others around the planet to avoid killing innocent civilians. The majority of time our targets are hiding themselves among innocent civilians, that is a violation of INTERNATIONAL LAW.

The Taliban, Iraqis, etc don't care about putting their anti-aircraft guns next to mosques, schools, and hospitals. The Taliban was storing their weapons in Red Cross buildings that they raided. They know they can't beat us out in the open in a legal war, so they fight a dirty war hoping morons back in the USA will call the US military war-mongers/baby-killers to stop the war. You are one of those morons, now go put on your terrorist garb since you support them.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I just love some of the gung-ho nazis who come on this board who's only response to intelligent debate is "YOUR A TERRORIST!! GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!" grow a frontal lobe MT69

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by Lupe_101]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
MT69

You don't have to be such a redneck you know?

Since when does thinking that a large number of civilian deaths is a bad thing make someone a terrorist supporter?

What dirty war is Iraq fighting?

Somewhere else you talked about people attacking the US for "no reason"...nobody does anything for no reason. You have a choice. Understand what's going on or sit around chanting USA USA USA.

BTW if the US military takes such extreme measures and care to avoid civilian casualties, why did the military commanders not keep a count of civilian deaths during the Afghan campaign? How could they know that these "extreme measures" where failing or succeeding?

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by AlecMac]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Lupe - After reading your drivel here, it's quite an honor to hear you think I have mental problems.

Alec Trabeck - This board is as close as you'll ever get to so-called Top Secret info about the military, unlike me. Let's just say my TS-SCI clearance in the USAF gives me more insight into the REAL world than you from your chair and computer in your parent's basement.

Oh, if the US is so careless with our bombings....then why isn't there a high % of bombs dropped that kill innocent civilians??? 1 errant bomb out of some 50-100 dropped doesn't make us careless.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
having a swipe card so you can get into the cafe and mop the floors does not really count as security clearance MT69

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lupe - Oh, you're a comedian as well as an idiot. Maybe you're Micheal Moore hiding here.

You did get one thing right, I do have an access card that I swipe to go with a pin code. I also get weighed and my picture taken everytime I enter the controlled area to verify someone isn't using my card. Retina scans are also used when needed. Mops are left at the entry portals...

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Lupe, I am going to start calling you lupus again.

M. Moore: Gosh I hate him!

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Really.....please don't think all of us Americans are like that, ok?

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
...This board is as close as you'll ever get to so-called Top Secret info about the military, unlike me. Let's just say my TS-SCI clearance in the USAF gives me more insight into the REAL world than you from your chair and computer in your parent's basement....

Wow TS-SCI clearance...that's like a totally impressive, I mean you don't need to make cogent arguments or have the ability to debate without using petty insults with credentials like that? Wow TS-SCI, who needs the capacity for rational thought when you've got a job with a PIN number!

BTW if the US military takes such extreme measures and care to avoid civilian casualties, why did the military commanders not keep a count of civilian deaths during the Afghan campaign? How could they know that these "extreme measures" where failing or succeeding?

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just a thought ,but when people get hit with bombs there is not much left to count.Even when the bombs hit the enemy they only give estimates.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Alec....and you can throw out BS about the US military with NO FACTS to back up your claims.

You can go on and on here with your Dan Rather clearance....

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey heres a nifty little news item.................
In a war .......now fancy this .........PEOPLE GET KILLED!!!
The whole object is to make the other people die and not your own.......(where did that come from?)
Bombs are made by men they are electronic they sometimes fail did you not see the video of the 10th mtn div. guys calling in a bomb on themselves??

So now the mean ol' USA is not fighting FAIR cause we bomb from a distance instead of coming down where the willie taliban can shoot us down with our own stingers!!

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
And do you trust the enemy to give accurate death counts?

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
Lupe - Oh, you're a comedian as well as an idiot. Maybe you're Micheal Moore hiding here.

You did get one thing right, I do have an access card that I swipe to go with a pin code. I also get weighed and my picture taken everytime I enter the controlled area to verify someone isn't using my card. Retina scans are also used when needed. Mops are left at the entry portals...

This intrigues me MT, whereabouts do you work and on what ?
As a man of science you seem to get pretty hot headed. You should use your reassoning to win arguments.

Also, do you have to strip when you get weighed and how much leeway do they give you with your weight. ( ie, within 2 pounds of yesterdays weight etc )
PS. I am pro-US and pro kicking the axis of evil's arse

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"You did get one thing right, I do have an access card that I swipe to go with a pin code. I also get weighed and my picture taken everytime I enter the controlled area to verify someone isn't using my card. Retina scans are also used when needed. Mops are left at the entry portals... "

so what your saying is whoever they are they really don't trust you?

oh I can't be arsed with this, shut up, just shut up, I am so bored of pseudo intelectuals gabbing on about clearance this and clearance that on these boreds.

pin number? I have a pin number, it pisses me off and I keep forgeting it, secret government clearance? yeah I got that too, pretty much anyone who works in the service sector has it, hell I was snooping round the beagle lab yesterday, just because I can access # like that doesn't stop me being anything more than just another plebian in a massive beurocracy.

go wank over your buffy posters.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

oh I can't be arsed with this, shut up, just shut up, I am so bored of pseudo intelectuals gabbing on about clearance this and clearance that on these boreds.

Perhaps a mirror might be appropriate to help temper such a response. You appear to be complaining about that which you are.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So let me get this straight MT69

Everyday you go to work, take your clothes off to be �weighed� and some guy takes a picture of you? Is the guy who takes your picture the same one who told you�re working for USAF?

I think you�ve been had. Perhaps you should check out some of the �amateur gay� sites that apparently exist on the net �you might be famous!

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlecMac
Next time a bomb "goes astray" and "accidentally" kills some children, and a spokesman says it was a unforeseeable accident remember;

Hence, the long list of literature and art speaking out against war.

A terrible thing, war.

I can't imagine anything else (besides religion) that can be started by a handful of egotistical lunatics, that ends up effecting millions of people for dozens of years.

But when it happens, don't lament the loss of innocent lives as part of the process. Instead, blame those few maniacs who initiated hostilities.

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by Winston Smith]

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
True Winston. One step at a time though. I suspect jumping straight in with all out anti-war postings won't help.

BTW MT69, During which part of your "security clearence"(LOL) training did they tell you it was OK to detail your USAF site's security procedures on a web forum.

I can smell it from here boy.

I've trodden in stuff with more sense than you, now run along to your fantasy land and stay there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join