It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Ads Say S.U.V. Owners Support Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 � Ratcheting up the debate over sport utility vehicles, new television commercials suggest that people who buy the vehicles are supporting terrorists. The commercials are so provocative that some television stations are refusing to run them.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the 'thought police' are at it again - trying to tell us how to think, how to feel, what to eat, now it's what to drive. That article makes me want to drive my 10m.p.g RV to work for the rest of the week for my 60+ mile a day commute while eating McDonald's Big-n-Tasty burgers. It's ironic - they're the same people that won't let anyone drill in Alaska and complain about removing a dictator from an oil rich country. Plus, we get most of our oil from Mexico, Canada, and Venezuela.

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The hollywood elites behind this movement, don't mind riding around town in gas guzzler limos, flying around the planet on private jets, and owning more cars than the cost of normal Americans' homes.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
BoB,

Venezuela, not that much right now... There are like 30 or 40 empty oil tankers parked off the coast of my Island, because they can't get oil in Ven right now...

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, hopefully they get their # figured out soon down there - I am sick of paying $1.30 a gallon!!!

Though it was a few weeks ago - NPR (national public radio for those that don't live in the US - basically a news radio station that I usually slander) Anyway - they were interviewing some govt. official from Ven who was saying when asked about American oil shipments that all our oil is guaranteed - it was a few weeks ago though I doubt it's being shipped per usual to the US. Still interesting how quick he was to try and assure the host that US would get its oil.

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To Affirmative reaction, I apologize. Art least he didn't use God's name in vain. F-M, I am sorry as well. This is not true adult language, yet it isn't a place fit for children or those who believe decency isn't merely a quaint notion of the by-gone days that isn't necessary in the cyber world. I quit. When an admin leads the way, to heck with it.

moe

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
heheheh I, for one, love these freakin anti-suv commercials! who in their right mind enjoys these gas guzzeling goobers riding their mini tanks to work, breaking down in the middle of the damn hi way, @$#%#@^&#&#&#*$ bizznatch soccer moms having wayyyyy too much power at the wheel. and this is not only aimed at s.m's, but to people in general. go get something more fule efficient. you can bitch, piss, moan and whine about gas prices all ya want, but when you ride a vehicle that only gets 8 maybe 10 miles to the gallon( i know thats not an accurate estimation of gas vs. the suv but bear with me here), and yet you have alternatives right in front of you but yet not go for them well thats your fault.
get a voltzwagon, youll feel better.or anything else for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join