It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

toxicity of GMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
current.com...

: this will make you sick it is not fit for a dog to eat and they are selling as
Human food

the toxicity in your organs will build up and make you very ill and thats the plan then you will pay for your medical treatments.

Once medicine is a business then the cause of the illness becomes the incentive for profits.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP.

If they got this evidence against the modified rice then I'm sure the FDA and other groups will shuffle around to get this either silenced or try and back up data saying the rice that is modified is safe.

I do think all of our foods are tainted to some aspects. That some people naturally fend off these dangerous foods while on the other hand, the people we always hear about falling or stricken by cancer most likely don't survive the diseases coming from the food they ate (or continue to eat).

I've felt that if they continue to mess with food like this we'll get some odd mutations in our society. I think that with increased aggression, mentaly instabilities, and other problems; they won't be able to hide a thing.

It is all linked to keeping the economy and population in control. Feed them enough to get obese, keep them medicated to survive the conditions, and then kill them slowly with diseased food or products that cause cancers in some people.

It is more of a reality hitter now then it was in the days of conspiracies. Now today you can look back 20 years and say to those people who grew their own garden "you were right!"

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They also believe that consumers are not smart enough to understand labeling information so therefore, they should not be required to state on the label that the food is genetically modified.

I did read on the Mercola website that the little stickers on fruits and vegetables provide a clue. All organic vegetables are labeled with a number that starts with a '9'. Anything else is either conventionally grown and/or genetically modified.

I've seen this myself at Whole Foods Market. All the bins that hold organic produce do have the sticker with the number that starts with '9'. The other produce has other numbers on them. I notice that some of them, the number '9' is larger than the rest of the number so you know for sure what you're getting.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by clg79

It is more of a reality hitter now then it was in the days of conspiracies. Now today you can look back 20 years and say to those people who grew their own garden "you were right!"

I still do - more than ever now that I am retired. Its a certain peace of mind knowing whats "not" in the food that I grow myself; not to mention the convenience of just going outside and getting everything I need for a great salad or salsa. Even got my own corn this year, but truthfully I don't even know if the seeds I bought were natural or GMO?

just one more thing to watch out for next time.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
alerts like these crop up in regular intervals, just search for 'starlink corn' or browse this site. i understand the impact and i hope (keyword) that acute proven toxicity in humans (not rats) will sooner or later cause a change in public opinion on GM crops in particular.

by acute i fear it'll mean 'drop dead within ten minutes' acute, because anything else will be swept under the rug by FDA, M and so on, just search this site for 'tryptophan'. this kind of thing happened as early as 1989 and was successfully covered up.

i have a hunch the PTB really, i meanreally want these GM crops forced down everyone's throat.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Who wants to bet Monsanto executives wouldn't eat this stuff if they were starving? If it's safe, fine, but the evidence is pointing to the opposite, that this stuff is just plain harmful, no question about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's all about making money and controlling the food supply at our own expense.

www.i-sis.org.uk...

No increase in yields; on the contrary GM soya decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GM soya [4], and up to 100 percent failures of Bt cotton have been recorded in India [6]. New studies confirmed these findings. Research from the University of Kansas found a 10 percent yield drag for Roundup Ready soya [9] that required extra manganese applied to the soil to make up the yield deficit. A team of scientists from the USDA and the University of Georgia found growing GM cotton in the US could result in a drop in income by up to 40 percent [10, 11] (Transgenic Cotton Offers No Advantage, SiS 38)

The result.....less food. Does the global food crisis ring a bell here? It should.

No reduction in pesticides use; on the contrary, USDA data showed that GM crops increase pesticide use by 50 million pounds from 1996 to 2003 in the United States [4]. New data paint an even grimmer picture: the use of glyphosate on major crops went up more than 15-fold between 1994 and 2005, along with increases in other herbicides [12] in order to cope with rising glyphosate resistant superweeds [6]. Roundup tolerant canola volunteers are top among the worries of Canadian farmers [13, 14] (Study Based on Farmers’ Experience Exposes Risks of GM Crops, SiS 38)

So, because of this genetic tampering, we are creating superweeds that are resistant to glyphosate. Therefore, an increase in pesticides has been constant since GMO's introduction.

Roundup herbicide is lethal to frogs and toxic to human placental and embryonic cells [6]. Roundup is used in more than 80 percent of all GM crops planted in the world

When you eat these GM foods, you are eating roundup.

Bt resistance pests and Roundup tolerant superweeds render the two major GM crop traits practically useless [6]. A recent review concluded that [17] “evolved glyphosate-resistant weeds are a major risk for the continued success of glyphosate and transgenic glyphosate-resistant crops.” And the evolution of Bt resistant bollworms worldwide have now been confirmed and documented in more than a dozen fields in Mississippi and Arkansas between 2003 and 2006 [18]

More crops being destroyed thanks to a resistant superweed and resistant bollworms.

Transgene contamination unavoidable, scientists find GM pollination of non-GM crops and wild relatives 21 kilometres away [19]

This stuff spreads like wildfire. And since GM crops have patents, if your crop becomes cross pollinated with a GM crop and the company, say Monsanto, finds out, your in the middle of a legal battle that will break you.

GMO is not the savior that it once was thought to be. The FDA, although unconstitutional, has an obligation to keep these types of foods off the shelf. Instead, they are too busy keeping alternative cancer treatments under the table and out of the country.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Testing GMO -

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join