It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Francis Boyle: Iran Should Sue US in World Court to Stop Threats of Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Francis Boyle: Iran Should Sue US in World Court to Stop Threats of Attack

commondreams.org]www.commondreams.org

Francis Boyle, Professor of International Law at the University of Illinois, proposes that Iran sue the United States, Britain, and Israel in the World Court, seeking the “international equivalent of a temporary restraining order” to compel the U.S. to abandon threats to attack. Boyle notes that threats to attack Iran violate the UN Charter, and that there is a relevant precedent for effective action by the World Court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Anyone who still supports Bully Boy Bush & His Corporate Crony Gang really needs to see this...And then maybe they'll begin to understand why Bush & Congress on the whole have such low approval ratings, I think the lowest in the entire history of the US.

IMO, We the People should be taking our Government Officers to court...For everything from violations of Constitutional Laws to Human Rights violations to Abuse of War Powers & more charges that would be too numerous to name here.

commondreams.org]www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If there are some decent Laywers out there... get on it...

But, most lawyers are just doing that as a stop-off point before they can get inserted into the goverment... and feed of the goverment pork...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I like this headline, I really like it
Sorry for the one-line post, but I really needed to express my smile

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The US doesn`t support or recognise the world court

news.bbc.co.uk...

so it wouldn`t mean a thing anyway

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Sadly true, Bush has passed numerous laws which revoke America's compliance to International Courts of Law and criminal charges.

The recent "Hague Invasion Act" has just become law, also.
If any person of the US military is brought to The Hague (International UN Tribunal on War Crimes) facing war crimes charges the US will invade it.
www.hrw.org...

No joke.
Fuhrer Bush sees defending American interests above all else, even upholding justice.
The fact that he would seriously consider invading the Netherlands, one of America's closest allies to free any US citizens of war crimes charges (which they could very easily be guilty of) is scary to say the least.

In addition, the law provides for the withdrawal of U.S. military assistance from countries ratifying the ICC treaty, and restricts U.S. participation in United Nations peacekeeping unless the United States obtains immunity from prosecution.

He's trying to make America bullet-proof against any charges of wrongdoing in a war zone.
And you wonder why? Turn on your TV.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have heard a rumour - now its only a rumour mind you , that the UK are looking at ways of reducing american basing within there country down to 0 - the germans are likewise also making similar noises.

top topics

join