It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Departemnt democrats weeded out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Snipet:
Last month, we learned that political functionaries deputized by Attorneys General John Ashcroft and Alberto Gonzales had screened the best and the brightest coming out of law schools, judicial clerkships and other positions to weed out those who appeared to be Democrats or who might hold liberal ideas; favor was shown to Republicans, members of the Federalist Society, and those considered to be good and loyal conservatives

How do Americans sleep at night knowing they are being defiled in such a manner?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
www.washingtonpost.com...

Snipet:
Last month, we learned that political functionaries deputized by Attorneys General John Ashcroft and Alberto Gonzales had screened the best and the brightest coming out of law schools, judicial clerkships and other positions to weed out those who appeared to be Democrats or who might hold liberal ideas; favor was shown to Republicans, members of the Federalist Society, and those considered to be good and loyal conservatives

How do Americans sleep at night knowing they are being defiled in such a manner?

Real world result:

A Radio station had been bought by conservatives.
They fired all those Liberals and hired good God fearing conservatives for all jobs.

[God fearing conservative] Reading the news:

"State route___ is closed due to th eoverturn of a tractor-trailor.
Police and volunteers are chasing ''eee wees'' who are running all over the road."

The Liberal who used to read the news knew ''ewes'' referred to female sheep.

That is the essential difference:
Liberals who are capable and able to do the job/vs conservatives who are dumb as dirt.

Why did the Reagan/Bush intel community fail to predict the Soviet Union falling?
Conservatives who headed all the US intel agencies believed Russia must attack Israel to bring about Armageddon.
Like ALL conservatives, their dogmatic beliefs prevented them accepting reality.

That is the essential difference

Liberals deal with reality
Conservatives deal with and accept their own opinions instead of reality

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Now .. if that isn't a load of BS.

I guess reality means a Utopia where everyone in the world can be equal on every level. Keep smokin' that stuff, because that type of reality belongs to Cloud 9.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
sympathy
I was in your state of denial and a believer of rightwing bs
until Barry Goldwater got kicked out of amerika's communist party (republican)
because he refused to give up support FOR the USConstitution.

You have my sympathy.
May you one day escape the cult of conservatism like I did and return to thinking for yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You're right. Its not BS.

If the shoe fits...jetx.....if the shoe fits.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by himself

No seriously...

Good lord, we've officially entered Looneyville. The sad thing is that I think you really believe this.

Guess what, we ALL deal with reality. Your problem is that you've so bought into this "my party is righteous, your's is stupid" philosophy that you've put your opinions on a pedestal. What even sadder is that the rest of you get right in line behind "himself" and affirm this idiocy.

Deny ignorance?? Not happening in this thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Conservatives deal with reality huh?

So...Iraq had WMD's?

So... Big oil isnt exploiting Americans?

So... Iran is really set to kill us all?

So... Osama Bin Laden is no longer the goal?

So... Fixing world hunger is not supposed to be America's job? Even in part?

I mean - i could go on all day here.

(most) Conservatives live in a fantasy world that is created by their own wealth and the things they have around them.

If you're comfortable with your life, and you're a conservative, you dont give a crap about anyone else.

Thats called a fantasy world.

All the worlds problems are not your own - until a liberal democrat becomes president.

I hope you're ready for change.

I know i am.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Guess what, we ALL deal with reality.

Not expecting to convince anyone.
Replying to communicate with others who may read this thread.

When I left the (R) party, it was like leaving a cult.
I read vitriol printed against others more famous who have also left that party.
Cult like also in that members listen to and believe only their fellow party members.

As the origional post in this thread indicated, there is a concerted effort to make this a one party rule (R) nation.
Justice department has weeded out Democrats during every (R) administration since Nixon.
Reality:
Half of potential voters don't bother.
Of the other half about one third belong to either party and one third are Independents often fooled by one party or the other into voting with them.
eg: Reagan Democrats

Your leader:
On his most popular day, dubya was supported by only about 26% of Americans of voting age.
That party claims to be the majority party in a massive denial of reality.

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Your problem is that you've so bought into this "my party is righteous, your's is stupid" philosophy that you've put your opinions on a pedestal.

I listen to all sides and form my own opinions only after studying each issue.

I still agree with Barry Goldwater on most issues.
Support FOR the Constitution for example.

The big spending, big government, spying on all our electronic communications, meddling in our private lives, (R)party that kicked Goldwater out still has many good people.

Like President Clinton said at the height of the persecution he endured:
"Many Republicans are fine decent people."

Unfortunately those fine decent people lockstep to the orders of their leaders.
Your neo-con leaders are not fine, not decent, and most consider us people a commodity to be used and discarded.

I don't trust Democrats either, but they are the lesser evil.
Since each of them believes s/he is the only person who has the correct answers, they refuse to do that lockstep that Republicans do so often.

If Republicans would abandon collectivism and return to support for our Constitution I would rejoin them.
My in-laws voted 'yellow-dog Democrat' their entire lives. Now dead and buried in Mississippi, they are listed as having voted in every Republican Primary since they died, so I guess I'll be voting Republican along with the rest of the cemetary some day also.
Cemetaries have been the (R) most loyal voting bloc since the civil war, except for that one time a few voted for JFK.

(Lincoln having been re-elected by dead soldiers began that tradition)

edited to correct spelling and syntax
[edit on 1-8-2008 by himself]

[edit on 1-8-2008 by himself]

top topics

join